Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Government hikes outlay for first phase of FAME India scheme to Rs 895 crore
- The phase-I of the Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of (Hybrid) and Electric Vehicles (FAME India) scheme was supposed to be implemented over a two-year period commencing from April 1, 2015. The Ministry of Finance has approved the enhancement of the total outlay on the first phase of the scheme from Rs 795 crore to Rs 895 crore.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
UN selects Noida to participate in Global Sustainable Cities 2025 plan
- The United Nations selected Uttar Pradesh’s Noida and Greater Noida to participate in its Global Sustainable Cities 2025 initiative. The twin-cities in Gautam Buddh Nagar district, adjoining the national capital, have been selected in the “University City” category ahead of Mumbai and Bengaluru as the only invitee from India.
UP Government to install 221-metre bronze statue of Lord Ram in Ayodhya
- Uttar Pradesh government will install a 221-metre bronze statue of Lord Ram in Ayodhya, Uttar Pradesh principal secretary (information) Avanish Awasthi said. The height of the actual statue would be 151 metres, its overhead umbrella would be 20 metres while the pedestal would be 50 metres. A museum would be housed at the pedestal.
Aadi Mahotsav Organized By Tribal Affairs Ministry in New Delhi
- The 4th edition of annual “Aadi Mahotsav”, a National Tribal Festival organized by Ministry of Tribal Affairs in association with TRIFED and Ministry of Culture to celebrate and cherish the spirit of tribal culture, craft, cuisine and commerce held at Dilli Haat, Shri Aurobindo Marg, INA, Delhi. This year, more than 600 tribal artisans from 23 states, 80 tribal chefs hailing from 20 States besides 14 cultural troupes comprising more than 200 artists are taking part in the Mahotsav.
Telangana CEO Dr Rajat Kumar inaugurated five-day exhibition on Our Vote- Our Future in Hyderabad
- Telangana Chief Electoral Officer Dr Rajat Kumar inaugurated a five-day exhibition on “Our Vote- Our Future” in Hyderabad. This exhibition was organized by the Regional Outreach Bureau of Information and Broadcasting Ministry. The main aim is to increase the polling percentage of at least 10 percent.
Bihar Chief Minister unveils Lord Buddha’s 70-feet statue in Bihar’s Rajgir
- Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar unveiled a 70-feet tall statue of Lord Buddha at Rajgir in Nalanda district. It is the second tallest statue of Buddha in the country.
- The statue has been installed above a 16-metre radius pedestal in the middle of Lake Ghora Katora. It is made of pink sandstone. The Chief Minister said this place will be developed as a centre of eco-tourism.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Government To Infuse INR 42,000 Crore In PSU Banks By March
- The government will infuse Rs 42,000 crore in the state-owned banks by March-end and the next tranche would be released by mid-December. Close to Rs 42,000 crore remain to be infused as capital in public sector banks in the current financial year.
- State-owned banks will need less capital to meet their capital adequacy norms, as the Reserve Bank of India recently decided to defer the deadline for them to meet the global norms or Basel-III requirement by a year till March 2020.
India’s GDP growth in Q2 likely to slow to 7.5-7.6%: SBI
- Ahead of the official release of the second-quarter GDP figures, State Bank of India (SBI) estimated the country’s economy to expand by 7.5-7.6 per cent, slower than the prior quarter, mainly on account of a slowdown in rural demand.
India, ADB ink $200 mn loan pact to improve Bihar’s state highways
- The Indian government and the Asian Development Bank (ADB) signed a $200-million loan agreement for improving Bihar’s state highways. ADB would provide the loan to finance the widening and upgrading of about 230 km of state highways in Bihar to all-weather standards with road safety features.
RBI Cuts Mandatory Hedging To 70% For Foreign Loans
- Further easing the External Commercial Borrowing (ECB) norms, the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) reduced the mandatory hedging provision to 70 per cent from 100 per cent. The relaxation in hedging is for Indian companies raising foreign currency-denominated ECBs under Track I, which refers to medium-term borrowings with average maturity between three and five years.
- Further, it is also clarified that ECBs falling within the aforesaid scope but raised prior to the date of this circular will be required to mandatorily roll over their existing hedge(s) only to the extent of 70 per cent of outstanding ECB exposure.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENT AND RESIGNATION
Uber Eats has appointed actor Alia Bhatt as its brand ambassador in India on 22 November 2018
- Uber Eats has appointed actor Alia Bhatt as its brand ambassador in India on 22 November 2018. India will be the first country where the global company appointed an ambassador. In India, Uber Eats was first launched in Mumbai in May 2017 and is currently present in 37 cities across the country.
WhatsApp Business Head Neeraj Arora Resigns
- WhatsApp’s Chief Business Officer Neeraj Arora has resigned from the post after 7-years in the company. His exit comes seven months after WhatsApp co-founder Jan Koum left the company. Arora had been an integral part of WhatsApp since 2011 and played a vital role in the company’s acquisition by Facebook in 2014. Neeraj Arora was the front-runner for the post of the CEO at WhatsApp after the departure of Koum.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Centre and ADB Sign 200 Million Dollar Loan Pact to Upgrade State Highways In Bihar
- The Centre and Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed a 200 million dollar loan agreement to finance widening and upgrading of about 230 Kilometers State Highways in Bihar to all-weather standards with road safety features. The agreement was signed by Additional Secretary in the Finance Ministry Sameer Kumar Khare and Officer-in-Charge of ADB’s India Resident Mission, Rajeev P Singh in New Delhi.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
Monaco will host the 2019 Laureus Awards
- Monaco to host 2019 Laureus Awards on February 18 2019. The ‘Oscars of sports’, the Laureus World Sports Awards 2019 will be held in Monaco on February 18 next year. Sport’s premier global awards ceremony will celebrate the best of 2018 across eight individual and team categories, with the winners collecting a prized Laureus Statuette. Sports fans around the world will also get to play their part by voting for the Laureus Sporting Moment of the Year Award. Former India cricket captains Kapil Dev, Rahul Dravid and Sachin Tendulkar are members of the Laureus Academy.
21st round of India-China Special Representatives border talks concluded at China’s Chengdu city
- The 2-day 21st round of India-China Special Representatives border talks concluded at Dujiangyan near southwest China’s Chengdu city. This was held between National Security Advisor Ajit Doval from the Indian side and Chinese Foreign Minister and State Councillor Wang Yi from the Chinese side. This was the first round of talks for Wang who earlier in 2018 succeeded State Councillor Yang Jiechi.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PROGRAMS
SHe-Box,to all the Central Ministries, Departments and 653 districts across 33 States/Union Territories, for speedy disposal of sexual harassment cases.
- The Ministry of Women and Child Development linked the workplace sexual harassment complaint portal, SHe-Box,to all the Central Ministries, Departments and 653 districts across 33 States/Union Territories, for speedy disposal of cases. The cases would be directed to the concerned the central/ state authority having the jurisdiction to take the rightful action. The complaints would be monitored by the complainants and Ministry WCD ensuring prompt disposal of cases. The Ministry also published a Handbook and Training Module on the SH Act to provide information about the provisions of the Act.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
NASA InSight Lands On Mars 7 Months After Launch
- The National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) InSight spacecraft landed on Mars after nearly a 7 months, 458-million-kilometer journey, and a 6.5-minute parachuted descent through the Red Planet’s atmosphere. The 360-kg lander also shared its first photo from Mars, showing an area called Elysium Planitia, where it will dig five meters below the surface.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Australia clinched Women’s World Twenty20 title
- Australia clinched Women’s World Twenty20 title as they attained an easy win over England in the final of the Women’s World T20 tournament. This is Australia’s 4th title win at Women’s World T20 in 6 editions of the tournament. The Southern Stars have won the trophy previously in 2010, 2012 and 2014. West Indies hosted the event.
Sameer Verma has won the Syed Modi International Badminton Championships
- Sameer Verma has won the Syed Modi International Badminton Championships, men’s singles final against China’s Guangzu Lu, to retain the title. With this win, Verma sealed his spot in the BWF World Tour Finals. However, former champion Saina Nehwal lost to Han Yue of China in women’s singles summit clash and won silver. Men’s doubles pair of Satwik Rankireddy and Chirag Shetty and women’s doubles players Ashwini Ponnappa and Sikki Reddy also won silver in their respective finals.
A.R. Rahman has composed the Odisha Men’s Hockey World Cup-2018 anthem
- Recently, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik released the Odisha Men’s Hockey World Cup-2018 anthem in the presence of music director A R Rahman here who has composed the music for it. The lyrics for the Hockey World Cup anthem ‘Jai Hind, Jai India’ have been penned by well known lyricist Gulzar.
Netherlands win FIH Women’s Hockey Champions Trophy
- The Netherlands outclassed Australia 5-1 to win its seventh Women’s Hockey Champions Trophy at the Wujin Hockey Stadium in Changzhou China.
Saina Nehwal wins silver at Syed Modi International 2018
- World number nine Saina Nehwal bagged silver at Syed Modi International Badminton Championships 2018 after losing to world number 27 Han Yue. India’s Sameer Verma defeated Lu Guangzu of China in the men’s singles final to successfully defend and win the Syed Modi International Championships in Lucknow.