Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
International Dance Day – April 29, 2018:
- On 29th April 2018, International Dance Day was celebrated all over the world.
- International Dance Day was founded in 1982 by the Dance Committee of ITI (International Theatre Institute).
- International Dance Day is celebrated every year on 29th April, which marks the birthday of Jean-Georges Noverre, the creator of modern ballet.
- Every year an International Dance Day Message from an outstanding choreographer or dancer is circulated all over the world.
- The author of the message is chosen by the International Dance Committee of ITI and the Executive Council of ITI.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Dalmia Bharat Signs MoU To Maintain Heritage Sites:
- Dalmia Bharat Limited signed a MoU with the Tourism Ministry to take up Red Fort (in Delhi) and Gandikota Fort (Andhra Pradesh) under the ‘Adopt a Heritage’ project.
- Becoming the first corporate to be part of the initiative, Dalmia Bharat will look after the operations and the maintenance of these heritage sites for the next five years.
India says Bye to plastic in its protected areas:
- In order to achieve a plastic-free India, it has been decided to prevent our protected areas to be announced as ‘Plastic Free Zones.’
- It has directed states and Union territories to organize awareness campaigns to sensitize people about the issue.
- This decision was taken keeping in mind the approaching World Environment Day June 5. Before that our country shall be clean and plastic free as plastic plays a very negative role in environment maintenance.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Maharashtra Government Signs MoU With British Council:
- The Maharashtra government signed a MoU with the British Council to strengthen educational and cultural cooperation.
- The British Council, with this MoU, will expand its existing work in the state, where in recent times; it has trained more than 100,000 teachers benefitting around five million learners.
- The areas of potential collaboration include developing further initiatives to improve English teaching and enhance employability skills in schools and training institutes, building capacity in higher education and research and further co-operation on inspiring hundreds of thousands of people in the state through arts and culture.
||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao
Sikkim Chief Minister Becomes India’s Longest-Serving Chief Minister:
- Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling became the longest-serving Chief Minister in India, surpassing the record of Jyoti Basu, who served as West Bengal CM from 1977 to 2000.
- Chamling became the Chief Minister in December 1994 and belongs to the Sikkim Democratic Front.
||Pawan Kumar Chamling
Central assistance for irrigation projects in drought prone areas of Maharashtra:
- Expenditure Finance Committee of Union Finance Ministry accepted the proposal of Union Ministry of Water Resources to provide Central Assistance for completion of 8 Major/Medium Irrigation projects and 83 Surface Minor Irrigation (SMI) projects in Vidarbha, Marathwada and drought prone areas of rest of Maharashtra.
- Central assistance for irrigation projects in drought prone areas of Maharashtra Central assistance for irrigation projects in Maharashtra:
- Estimated cost for completion of these projects is Rs. 13651.61 Crore.
- Although Central Government will provide financial assistance to meet the cost, Maharashtra State Government too will have to raise a part of it, which can be done by availing a loan from National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD).
||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao
HP CM inaugurates Rs 39.65 crore water supply scheme in Mandi:
- Himachal Pradesh Chief Minister Jai Ram Thakur inaugurated the Kanda Pattan-Sarkaghat Water Supply Schemeat Cholthara in Mandi district, Himachal Pradesh.
- Jai Ram Thakur said that, the Kanda Pattan-Sarkaghat water supply scheme has been developed at a cost of Rs 39.65 crore. It will benefit more than 31,000 people of that region.
|Himachal Pradesh Capital
||Jai Ram Thakur
||Acharya Dev Vrat
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
HDFC Bank Launches IRA 2.0:
- HDFC Bank launched IRA 2.0, its interactive humanoid at the Koramangala Branch in Bengaluru.
- The interactive humanoid in its advance version is aimed to enhance user experience for customers visiting in the branch.
- HDFC Bank has developed IRA (Interactive Robotic Assistant) 2.0 in collaboration with its technology partners Invento Makerspaces and Senseforth Technologies. It became the first bank in India to introduce a humanoid IRA 1.0 for customer service at the Kamala Mills Branch in Mumbai. Currently, IRA 1.0 is stationed at the Palarivattom Branch in Kochi.
India GDP likely to grow 7.5 pc in FY19: Deutsche Bank
- As per a report by Deutsche Bank, Indian economy is likely to register Gross Domestic Product (GDP) growth of 7.5 per cent in financial year 2018-19.
- Deutsche Bank’s 7.5 per cent growth forecast for 2018-19, marks an improvement as compared to the likely 6.7 per cent growth in 2017-18.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS
Shooter Gauri Sheoran Made Brand Ambassador For Haryana’s Health Programmes:
- The Haryana government-appointed international shooter Gauri Sheoran the brand ambassador for its two health-related programmes.
- The decision was announced by Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar at the launch of the measles-rubella (MR) vaccination campaign.
- Under the campaign, about 80 lakh children aged between nine months and 15 would be vaccinated. The chief minister also flagged off 11 medical mobile units for the campaign.
Kavinder Gupta to be new Jammu and Kashmir deputy CM:
- BJP has decided to replace its Deputy Chief Minister Dr Nirmal Singh in the restive Jammu and Kashmir.
- Speaker of Jammu and Kashmir Legislative Assembly Kavinder Gupta is going to be the new deputy chief minister.
- Gupta, a senior BJP leader who represents Gandhi Nagar Assembly constituency of the winter capital city of Jammu, will be sworn in on April, 30.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
BCCI to honour Diana Edulji with CK Nayadu Lifetime Achievement Award:
- A three-man BCCI panel has recommended former India women’s team captain and current CoA member, Diana Edulji, for the prestigious CK Nayadu Lifetime Achievement Award.
- Along with Edulji, former India opener late Pankaj Roy will also be awarded posthumously.
- Diana Edulji is a member of Supreme Court appointed BCCI committee of Administrators.
Budgam shortlisted for PM Modi’s excellence award:
- Jammu and Kashmir’s Budgam district has been shortlisted for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s excellence award for promoting digital payments and cashless economy.
- Under the supervision of District authorities, digital payments facility has been installed at 670 places across the district so far.
- The places include 372 ration shops, 285 fertilizer shops and 13 Revenue (Tehsil) offices across Budgam.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
Lands get unique number in Andhra’s new project ‘Bhu Seva’:
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy Chief Minister (Revenue) K E Krishnamurthy initiated Andhra Pradesh government’s ‘Bhu Seva’ (land hub) project aimed at offering integrated services related with land.
- As per the Bhu Seva project, each land parcel will be given a Bhudhar Number. The Bhudhar Number is an 11 digit unique number.
- It will help in easy identification of the details of land parcel. A pilot project of this scheme was launched on 11th April 2018 in Jaggaiah Peta Mandal and Vuyyur Nagar Panchayat of Krishna district.
- K E Krishnamurthy said that, Andhra Pradesh is the first state in India to complete geotagging of each land parcel in the state. Ch Vijayamohan is the Mission Director of Bhu Seva Mission.
Naveen Patnaik launches Odisha Skills, Dharmendra Pradhan opens 3 facilities:
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik inaugurated ‘Odisha Skills 2018’, the state-level chapter of India Skill competition organised by National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) in Cuttack, Odisha.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
LCA Tejas Successfully Fired Air-To-Air BVR Missile:
- Indigenously developed Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) Tejas successfully fired an air-to-air beyond visual range (BVR) missile.
- With this, Tejas has demonstrated its overall capability as an effective combat jet and inched closer to receive final operational clearance. The test firing of the missile from a Tejas jet was carried off the Goa coast and it met all operational requirements.
- The successful launch of the BVR missile will expedite issuance of the Final Operational Clearance to the aircraft developed by state-run Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) and Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Fifty Sixth Belgrade International Boxing Tournament In Serbia:
- The 56th edition of Belgrade International Boxing Championship was held at Belgrade in Serbia. Indian boxers won three gold, five silver and five bronze medals at this championship.
- Among Gold medal winners, Sumit Sangwan won the final bout by defeating Ecuador’s Castillo Torres in 91 kg category.
- Indian woman boxer Nikhat Zareen won the Gold medal in 51 kg by defeating Greece’s Koutsoeorgopoulou Aikaterini in the final bout.
- Himanshu Sharma (49 kg) too won a Gold medal by defeating Algeria’s Mohammed Touareg in the final bout.
Rafael Nadal wins 11th Barcelona Open title:
- Rafael Nadal continued his clay-court dominance by collecting a record-extending 11th title in Barcelona.
- His 6-2 6-1 victory over Greek teenager Stefanos Tsitsipas enabled the Spaniard to hold onto his world No 1 ranking.
- This is his 19th successive win on clay and he has now won 46 consecutive sets on the red dirt.
Lewis Hamilton wins Azerbaijan Grand Prix
- Lewis Hamilton was handed victory in Azerbaijan Grand Prix during which both Red Bulls sensationally collided with each other.
- A puncture denied Valtteri Bottas his first win of the season. Raikkonen finished second while Perez finished third in the race.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS:
Former PM Manmohan Singh Launches Economist Rao’s Book
- Former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh released a book titled ‘My Journey from Marxism-Leninism to Nehruvian Socialism’ by former Planning Commission and Finance Commission member C H Hanumantha Rao.
- Mr Rao is presently one of the most creative thinkers, social activist, and distinguished economist in India.