Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People 2018
- The International Day of Solidarity with the Palestinian People is a UN-organized observance. Events are held at the United Nations headquarters in New York, as well as at the United Nations offices at Geneva and Vienna. It is generally held on November 29 each year to mark the anniversary of resolution 181
National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization organised the 9th Indian Organ Donation Day
- ‘9th Indian Organ Donation Day’ was organized by the National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organization (NOTTO) in Delhi. Shri Ashwini Kumar Choubey, Minister of State for Health and Family Welfare stated that People’s participation and people’s awareness is the key to encouraging organ donation. The best performing State of Tamil Nadu was also felicitated. The State of Maharashtra received an award for being the best State for promoting awareness of organ donations. Dr. Subramania Iyer K, Kochi was felicitated for conducting first hand transplant in the country and Dr. Shailesh Puntambekar, Pune, received the award for conducting 1st Uterine Transplant in India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
IFFI has nominated 12 movies for this year’s International Council for Film
- The International Film Festival of India (IFFI) has nominated 12 movies for this year’s International Council for Film, Television and Audio-visual Communication (ICFT) UNESCO Gandhi Medal. Of these 12 films, two are from India and the rest are foreign movies. The two Indian movies competing for the honour are Tamil film Baaram and Ladakhi movie Walking with the Wind.
Electric cars set to replace diesel, petrol vehicles in Telangana State offices
- The Telangana government offices are soon to make way for electric cars as the State aims at promoting non-polluting vehicles. The government has brought in the Electric Mobility Policy 2018-2023 to encourage the use of carbon-free cars. It has followed it up by signing with the Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL).
Government launches Logo and Brochure of Logix India
- Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation Suresh Prabhu launched logo and brochure of Logix India 2019 in New Delhi. Logix India 2019 is scheduled to take place in New Delhi from 31stJanuary to 2nd February 2019. It is being organized by Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Nepal government has launched a Social Security Scheme for formal sector workers of the country.
- Nepal government has launched a Social Security Scheme for formal sector workers of the country. PM of Nepal KP Sharma Oli stated that it was very necessary to strengthen the system in which the government is accountable to its people. People of all ages and categories would be included in the scheme. The new social security scheme is contribution based and it will cover health and medical facilities, safe motherhood, accident, and physical incapacity security, security to dependent family members and security at old age.
|PM||KP Sharma Oli|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
International Gita Festival, 2018 to be held in Kurukshetra
- The International Gita Festival 2018 will be organised in Kurukshetra in Haryana from December 7 to 23, 2018. This year it is third year of this mega cultural event, where Mauritius is partner country and Gujarat is the partner state. Gita festival will also be organised in Mauritius next February. The objective behind this event is to spread the message of Gita to world.
|CM||Manohar lal Kathar|
|Governor||Satyadev Narayan Arya|
The Karnataka government has launched an initiative ‘DataCity’
- The Karnataka government has launched an initiative ‘DataCity’ in partnership with France-based utility company Suez and a start-up accelerator Numa to foster innovation and solve global challenges. DataCity will be an international open innovation programme to bring city authorities, corporates and start-ups to address cities’ challenges and develop solutions using data and technology.
Government inks $75 million loan with ADB to improve Urban Services in 4 Karnataka Towns
- Union Government has inked $75 million loan agreement with Asian Development Bank (ADB) for Karnataka Integrated Urban Water Management Investment Program. Under it 24 x7 water supply will be provided in Karnataka’s four coastal towns of Kundapura, Mangalore Puttur and Udupi and improve sanitation infrastructure for Mangalore town. It will be tranche 2 loan agreement of this program.
|Governor||Vajubai Rudubai Wala|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
Allahabad bank developed the PaiSA portal for processing interest subvention on bank loans to beneficiaries under DAY-NULM
- The government launched a centralised electronic platform for processing interest subvention on bank loans to beneficiaries under Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM), called ‘Paisa’. PAiSA, or `Portal for Affordable Credit and Interest Subvention Access’, is a web platform designed and developed by Allahabad Bank, which is the nodal bank.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Arvind Saxena appointed as Chairman of UPSC
- Saxena will have a tenure till August 7, 2020, when he attains the age of 65 years. He has been working as acting head of the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) since June 20. He took over charge from Vinay Mittal who had completed his term. Saxena joined the UPSC as a member on May 8, 2015. Prior to joining the UPSC, he was working as director of the Aviation Research Centre (ARC).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Azim Premji will receive the Knight of the Legion of Honour or Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur from Ambassador of France
- Tech magnate and philanthropist Premji will receive the Knight of the Legion of Honour or Chevalier de la Legion d’Honneur from Ambassador of France to India, Alexandre Ziegler. The renowned entrepreneur will be bestowed with this distinction for his contribution to developing the IT industry in India and his economic outreach in France. Indian recipients who have received this prestigious award include Shah Rukh Khan as well as Bengali actor Soumitra Charrerjee
Tamil Nadu bagged the Best State Award in cadaveric organ donation from the National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organisation
- Tamil Nadu bagged the Best State Award in cadaveric organ donation from the National Organ and Tissue Transplant Organisation (NOTTO), Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare. The State has been awarded for the fourth consecutive year. Health Minister C.Vijaya Baskar received the award from the Ministers of State, Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Ashwini Kumar Choubey and Anupriya Patel during the 9th Indian Organ Donation Day programme in New Delhi 28th November 2018.
Anupam Roy has won the FICA Emerging Artist Award 2018
- Delhi-based artist Anupam Roy has won the FICA Emerging Artist Award 2018, which is granted by Foundation for Indian Contemporary Art (FICA) for his large-scale drawings and paintings speak about systemic violence and injustice. As part of the award, he would receive a 90-day residency in Switzerland in 2019, supported by Pro Helvetia, which would help develop his practice and in forging further artistic collaborations. The FICA award, granted annually in collaboration with Pro Helvetia – Swiss Arts Council, seeks to promote young artists who are studying or practising in India, and demonstrate extraordinary skill and promise in the visual arts.
Keshav Ginde will be conferred the 2018 prestigious Bharat Ratna Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Lifetime Achievement (LTA) Award for Classical Music
- Renowned flautist Pandit Keshav Ginde will be conferred the 2018 prestigious Bharat Ratna Pandit Bhimsen Joshi Lifetime Achievement (LTA) Award for Classical Music. Born in 1942 in Belgaum, Karnataka, Pt. Ginde hails from a family of musicians and started his musical training at the age of six. In the fest, Mauritius will be the partner country and Gujarat the partner state.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
IIT Kharagpur has recently signed an MoU with Auckland University to foster academic exchange and research collaboration
- IIT Kharagpur has recently signed an MoU with Auckland University to foster academic exchange and research collaboration, faculty exchange and student mobility. The institutes will typically explore opportunities for research in healthcare technologies, new materials, cyber security and Artificial Intelligence (AI).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
The first-ever Sustainable Blue Economy Conference 2018 was held in Nairobi, Kenya
- In Kenya, the first-ever Sustainable Blue Economy Conference 2018 was held in Nairobi from November 26 to 28 with theme ‘The Blue Economy and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development’. The global conference was organized by Kenya, with Canada and Japan as co-hosts. Over 4,000 participants from around the world participated in it.
Sustainable Blue Economy Conference held in Nairobi, Kenya
- The first Sustainable Blue Economy Conference was held in Nairobi, capital of Kenya. It was organized by Kenya and cohosted by Japan and Canada. The theme of this conference was ‘The Blue Economy and the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development.’
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti launched to boost IPR culture in indigenous defence industry
- Union Defence Minister Nirmala Sitharaman launched ‘Mission Raksha Gyan Shakti’ in New Delhi to boost Intellectual Property Right (IPR) culture in indigenous defence industry.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
PSLV-C43 successfully injects Indian satellite HysIS, into sun-synchronous polar orbit
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) today launched India’s best-ever high-resolution earth imaging satellite, HysIS, from Andhra Pradesh’s Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
BCCI announces two-year ban for age frauds
- From the 2018-19 season, any cricketer who is found guilty of tampering his/her date of birth will be disqualified and barred from participating in any BCCI tournament for a period of 2 years i.e. 2018-19 and 2019-20 seasons. Earlier, a cricketer faced a ban of one year. In September, the BCCI had banned a Meghalya-bound Delhi player, Jaskirat Singh Sachdeva, for producing a fake birth certificate to play in an Under-19 tournament.
Harmanpreet Kaur has been named captain of the ICC Women’s World Twenty20 XI
- Harmanpreet Kaur has been named captain of the ICC Women’s World Twenty20 XI, which also featured opener Smriti Mandhana and leg-spinner Poonam Yadav. A selection panel of ICC in Dubai picked up the team on the basis of the players’ performances in the 2018 ICC Women’s World Twenty-20 tournament , which concluded recently with Australia winning the title.Three players from England, two from Australia and one each from Pakistan, New Zealand and the Windies have also been named in the eleven. The next ICC World T20 tournament will take place in Australia in 2020.
/ 5. Reviews