Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
International Animation Day
- International Animation Day is an annual observance celebrated on October 28th of each year. The animation is playing a great role in this century. It is all around us including 3D movies, cartoons, and video games.
World Stroke Day
- World Stroke Day is observed on October 29 to underscore the serious nature and high rates of stroke, raise awareness of the prevention and treatment of the condition, and ensure better care and support for survivors.
International Internet Day
- International Internet Day has been celebrated annually on October 29th of every year. The Internet is playing a vital role in every way possible. Imagine a day without the internet.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Fact Sheet: Fisheries and Aquaculture Infrastructure Development Fund (FAIDF)
- To double farmers’ income by 2022 the Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved creation of FAIDF recently. The proposal for creation of fund was made in budget 2018-19.
India Building World’s Highest Railway Line
- India railways announced its plan to link New Delhi and Ladakh by means of a railway line that will run along the India-China Border. The proposed Bilaspur-Manali-Leh Linewould be the world’s highest railway line once launched.
India-UK to collaborate on research on Ganga delta, Bay of Bengal
- India and the United Kingdom will collaborate on research on different aspects of the Ganga delta region and the Bay of Bengal. The two countries are also collaborating in several areas of earth sciences and weather, like the monsoon.
India contributes $300K to UN programme to train commanders
- India has donated $300,000 to a programme to train commanders for UN peacekeeping. Known as the “Pipeline to Peacekeeping Command Programme,” it will “over a period of three years, help develop the capacity of future commanders and managers to lead by example and raise awareness of UN standards of conduct among their personnel.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Higgins re-elected Irish President again
- Michael D Higgins has been re-elected Irish president after winning a landslide victory with 822,566 votes. The 77-year-old professor and campaigner will serve his second term after first being elected in 2011. Mr Higgins is Ireland’s ninth president.
|UAE Capital||Abu Dhabi|
|PM||Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashed al-Maktoum|
Jair Bolsonaro Wins Presidential Election In Brazil
- Far-right candidate Jair Bolsonaro has won a sweeping victory in Brazil’s presidential election. Mr. Bolsonaro won 55.2% of the votes cast against 44.8% for Fernando Haddad from the left-wing Workers’ Party.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Arunachal, British Council sign MoU for cultural cooperation
- The Arunachal Pradesh government signed a MoU with The British Council in Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh to strengthen educational and cultural cooperation.
|Arunachal Pradesh Capital||Itanagar|
Meghalaya launches Blue Revolution: Integrated Development and Management of Fisheries
- The Meghalaya government is all set to launch a new scheme Blue Revolution: Integrated Development and Management of Fisheries on October 26 next to meet the requirements of the state. The Central Government has sanctioned Rs 51 crore for scheme and the State Government has already received the first installment of Rs 25 crore.
Kerala the best State for teenage girls in India:
- Kerala tops the TAG index which compares the performance of each State based on the status of their teenage girls, as a part of the survey findings of The Teen Age Girls (TAG) Report, conducted by Project Nanhi Kali.
Fact Sheet: Mammals of India (MaOI)
- Mammals of India (MaOI) is a new model of repository on Indian mammals by the Scientists and Researchers from the National Centers for Biological Sciences (NCBS), Bangalore. It is a citizen-scientific repository initiated in September 2018. It is a first such repository of Mammals in India.
|Governor||Vajubai Rudubai Wala|
Mumbai’s METRO INOX is now South Mumbai’s largest cinema and India’s First Rooftop Solar Powered Cinema.
- Mumbai’s METRO INOX is now South Mumbai’s largest cinema and India’s First Rooftop Solar Powered Cinema. It has launched two INSIGNIA screens which are 100% solar powered. It has become the first multiplex in India to join the solar revolution. The INSIGNIA screens also contribute to protecting the environment by reducing 282 tons of CO2 during its operational life.
Portal to promote Odia language, literature inaugurated in Odisha
- Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched a new web portal of ‘Odia Virtual Academy’ (www.ova.gov.in) to promote the Odia language and literature at the Secretariat in Bhubaneshwar. The new website will be helpful in the promotion of Odia language at the international level, especially for the Non Resident Odias (NROs).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
Microsoft completes $7.5 billion acquisition of GitHub
- Microsoft has closed its $7.5 billion acquisition of GitHub, a leading software development platform which brings more than 31 million developers to create, collaborate, share and build on each other’s work. Microsoft announced in June that it has reached an agreement to acquire GitHub.
Information Commissioner Office fines Rs.5,00,000 over data breach
- The Information Commissioner Office (ICO) found that between 2007 and 2014, Facebook processed the personal information of users unfairly by giving app developers access to their information without informed consent. The scandal took place after new EU data protection rules went into effect this year, the amount could have gone up to £17 million or 4% of global turnover whichever is higher.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Sanjay Mishra appointed interim ED chief for 3 months
- The government appointed IRS officer Sanjay Kumar Mishra as the Interim Director of the Enforcement Directorate (ED) for three months as incumbent Karnal Singh will retire on October 28. The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) also said that it has approved Mishra’s appointment to the post of Principal Special Director of the financial probe agency.
Former SBI chairman Arundhati Bhattacharya appointed as independent director of Wipro
- Wipro said it had appointed former State Bank of India chairman Arundhati Bhattacharya as an independent director beginning January 1, 2019. Bhattacharya’s appointment is for a period of five years.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML) won the Best Mining Equipment Seller Award
- Bharat Earth Movers Limited (BEML), a Mini Ratna Public Sector Undertaking, under the Ministry of Defence, received the prestigious ‘Top Challengers Award 2018’ for the excellent performance during the financial year 2017-18 and Best Seller in Crawler Equipment- Dozers and Rigid Dump Truck segment for mining sectors. At a function held at Delhi, CMD BEML Shri Deepak Kumar Hota has received the award from Construction Economist Mr. Graham D Robinson.
Roopam Sharma Won World Health Summit Startup Award In Berlin
- Roopam Sharma, a 23-year old Indian scientist, won the World Health Summit Startup award, 2018 for his invention, Manovue – the world’s first intelligent personal assisting system for the visually impaired.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
North East Festival and Experiencing the North East held in New Delhi
- The sixth edition of North East festival is being organized till October 28, 2018 in New Delhi and the 15th edition of Indian International Centre festival is to be held from 27-31 October 2018.
- Thang Ta and sarit –sarak: These two are the martial art forms from the Indian state of Manipur. In Manipuri language thang means sword and ta means spear. Thang Ta is name for the ancient martial practice known as Huyen Lallong.
2nd Guwahati International Film Festival 2018 begins with focus on ASEAN
- The second edition of the Guwahati International Film Festival (GIFF 2018) began on October 25. The week-long festival will end on October 31 and will witness the screening of more than 100 films from 50 countries. With the theme ‘Vasudhaiva Kutumbakam’, the focus of the GIFF 2018 is the ASEAN region.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Fact Sheet: World Wrestling Championships – 2018
- The 2018 World Wrestling Championships were fifteenth edition of World Wrestling Championships of combined events and were held from October 20 to 28 in Budapest, Hungary.
Sourav Kothari wins World Billiards Championship title
- India’s Sourav Kothari defeated Peter Gilchrist of Singapore to clinch the 2018 WBL World Billiards Championship title. The former national and Asian Billiards champion was pipped at the post for the coveted World Billiards crown on two occasions in the last two years.
Indian Golfer Khalin Joshi Clinches Panasonic Open India Title
- Indian golfer Khalin Joshi clinched the Panasonic Open India titleat the Delhi Golf Club. With this win, Joshi became the seventh Indian to win the Panasonic Open India title in the last eight editions of the tournament.
Simona Halep becomes first recipient of Chris Evert WTA World No.1 Trophy
- World number one Simona Halep has become the first recipient of the Chris Evert Women’s Tennis Association (WTA) World No.1 Trophy, named after WTA’s first-ever world number one, Chris Evert.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Former Delhi CM Madan Lal Khurana passes away
- Former chief minister of Delhi Madan Lal Khurana passed away at the age of 82. He was bedridden for over two years due to multiple illnesses and was undergoing treatment at his Kirti Nagar residence in the city.