Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
‘China-France Oceanography Satellite’ (CFOSAT) is the first satellite jointly built by China and France
- China has launched an ‘Oceanography Satellite’ on 29th October 2018. The ‘China-France Oceanography Satellite’ (CFOSAT) is the first satellite jointly built by China and France. The satellite will help scientists to predict dangerous cyclones and climate change by monitoring ocean surface winds and waves.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
UP government join hands with Japan to develop food value chain
- The Uttar Pradesh government in assistance from Japanese government will develop ‘Food Value Chain’ in the state. The UP Cabinet presided over by UP Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath Tuesday cleared a proposal in this regard.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
Entrepreneurship scheme Samruddhi launched in Karnataka
- Entrepreneurship scheme Samruddhi launched in Karnataka. The main objective is to impart skill development and benefit aspiring, young citizens from rural and tier II cities. The scheme, targeted at socially marginalized communities to provide them with skill development and alternate means of employment has a total cost of Rs.800 crore. For this, the government is partnering with private enterprises to train the youth from backward communities.
|Governor||Vajubai Rudubai Wala|
‘Soura Jalanidhi’ Scheme Launched In Odisha
- Odisha Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik launched the Soura Jalanidhi scheme that aims to increase use of solar energy for helping farmers in irrigating their land. ‘Soura Jalanidhi’, is a dug well based solar pump irrigation system in convergence mode. Under the scheme, 5,000 solar pumps will be given to Odisha farmers at a subsidy of 90 percent to irrigate 2,500 acres of land.
Jharsuguda Airport Is Now ‘Veer Surendra Sai Airport’
- Fulfilling the long-standing demand of the Odisha government, the Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi today approved the renaming of Jharsuguda Airport, Odisha as “Veer Surendra Sai Airport, Jharsuguda”.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
6th Tranche of Electoral Bonds Sale Kicked Off
- The finance ministry has announced that the sixth tranche of electoral bonds sale has been started and will continue for 10 days. Electoral bonds are being pitched as an alternative to cash donations made to political parties as part of efforts to bring transparency in political funding.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
NIIF Acquires IDFC Infrastructure Finance
- The National Investment and Infrastructure Fund (NIIF) has acquired IDFC Infrastructure Finance (IDFC-IFL), an infrastructure debt fund. This acquisition is the first investment from NIIF’s strategic fund. The acquisition is subject to approval from RBI.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Mahindra Singh Foundation Inc appoints Aishwarya Sharma as their India brand ambassador
- Mahindra Singh Foundation (MSF), a New York-based organization, has appointed Aishwarya Sharma as its India brand ambassador for #takethepowerback project. Aishwarya Sharma has a blog named Figuramoda where she speaks on various topics through her fashion blog posts. She is a fashion activist.
G.N.Bajpai stepped down from the board of IL and FS
- N.Bajpai, the former chairman of Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI), has stepped down from the newly constituted board of Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services (IL&FS). He cited personal reasons. His resignation effected from October 30, 2018. Bajpai is currently a non-executive director and chairman of Future Generali India Insurance Co. Ltd.
SS Deswal appointed Director General of Indo-Tibetan Border Police
- The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) has appointed senior IPS officer S S Deswal as Director General of Indo-Tibetan Border Police (ITBP). He will succeed R K Pachnanda, who superannuated from office and shall be in office for period up to his superannuation on August 31, 2021. Deswal is 1984 batch IPS officer of Haryana cadre. Prior to this appointment, he was Director General of Sashastra Seema Bal (SSB).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India-Morocco agreement on legal assistance in criminal matters approved by Centre
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Thursday approved the agreement between India and Morocco on Mutual Legal Assistance in criminal matters.
Cabinet approves MoU between India and Korea in the field of tourism
- The main objectives of the MoU are to expand bilateral cooperation in tourism, including cooperation in data related to tourism, between tourism stakeholders, including hotels and tour operators, to establish exchange programmes for cooperation in human resource development and encourage investment in the tourism and hospitality sectors.
India Signs $950 Million Contract with Russia to Buy Two Stealth Frigates
- India has signed a $950 million contract with Russia for two upgraded Krivak III-class stealth frigates. A government-to-government contract was signed between India and United Shipbuilding Corporation of Russia last week for the supply of two stealth frigates. The 4,000-ton Krivak III vessels will also accommodate two multirole helicopters and will be used for anti-submarine and airborne early warning missions.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
First India-US Dialogue on Intellectual Property held in New Delhi
- The first ever India-US Dialogue on Intellectual Property (IP) was launched in New Delhi to deepen bilateral strategic cooperation on IP policy. It was launched by US Chamber of Commerce’s Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) and Industry body Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) in partnership with US-India Business Council (USIBC). It will be convened annually, alternating between New Delhi and Washington, DC.
4th NITI Aayog- DRC Dialogue Held in Mumbai
- The Fourth Dialogue of the NITI Aayog – Development Research Centre (DRC) of the State Council, Peoples’ Republic of China was held in Mumbai. The Chinese delegation was led by Mr. Li Wei, President of DRC and the Indian delegation was led by Dr Rajiv Kumar, Vice Chairman of NITI Aayog.
K J Alphons presides over the Program and Budget Committee meeting of UNWTO
- Minister of State (Independent Charge) for Tourism, K. J. Alphons attended the 109th session of United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) Executive Council in Manama, Bahrain from 30th October to 1st November 2018. India will be the chair of Programme and Budget Committee of UNWTO Executive Council till 2021.
Emerging Trends in Aviation Engineering and Logistics AVIAMAT 2018 held in New Delhi
- A two-day seminar on ‘Emerging Trends in Aviation Engineering and Logistics’ (AVIAMAT-2018) concluded at Air Force Auditorium, Subroto Park, in New Delhi. It was organized by the Indian Air Force and Chief of the Air Staff, Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa delivered the keynote address.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
Malayalam Film Olu to Be Opening Film At 49th IFFI
- Malayalam film Olu will be the opening film at the 49th International Film Festival of India, IFFI 2018. This was decided by the jury for the Indian Panorama. The IFFI will be held in Goa in November 2018.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
National women’s emergency helpline facility is to be launched in India
- National women’s emergency helpline facility is to be launched in India. Women in distress can call helpline 181. Women can get assistance for any situations such as police, medical, legal, psycho-social or rescue shelter emergency. In Tamil Nadu, the 1091 helpline is functioning in providing assistance for women. It provides police assistance to women in distress. However, for 24×7 service, 181 helplines, under the Department of Social Welfare and Nutritious Meal Programme, will provide all types of assistance and information to women. The helpline will function from the Amma Call Centre premises in Ambattur.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India ranks 66 in Global Passport Index: Here’s how the rankings are determined
- Indian Passport was recently declared the 66th most powerful password in the world according to the Global Passport Index ranking. The Passport Index is an online tool which collects and displays the ranks of the passports of the world. It is the only real-time global ranking of the world’s passports updates frequently when new visa waivers and changes are implemented.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
India successfully conducted night trial of Agni-I ballistic missile
- India has successfully carried out night user trial of Agni-I short-range nuclear-capable ballistic missile. The test flight was conducted by Indian Army’s Strategic Forces Command off Abdul Kalam Island in Bay of Bengal, off the coast of the Indian state of Odisha. The test was second known night time trial of Agni-I since its first such successful test in April 2014.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Manipur get the overall champions of 1st edition of North East Olympic Games 2018
- The 1st edition of North East Olympic Games 2018 was held at Main Stadium Khuman Lampak Sports Complex, in Imphal, Manipur. Manipur was crowned as the overall champions. Manipur won 159 medals: 80 Gold, 48 Silver and 31 Bronze. Assam came second with 140 medals: 46 Gold, 53 Silver and 41 Bronze.
Vishal Rajveer Shah won the gold medal in the 2018 Egypt Junior & Cadet Open table tennis tournament
- India’s Vishal Rajveer Shah won gold and Raegan Alburquerque won silver in the 2018 Egypt Junior & Cadet Open table tennis tournament, held in Sharm El Sheikh, Egypt, from 24th to 28th October 2018. India’s Vishal Rajveer Shah defeated Mostafa 11-6, 11-6, 11-7 and bagged gold medal and won the mini cadet boys singles’ title.
Lewis Hamilton won the Formula One drivers’ world championship 2018
- Lewis Hamilton won the Formula One drivers’ world championship 2018. This is his 5th driver’s world championship and he equalled Juan Manuel Fangio’s Formula One record. Max Verstappen won the Mexican Grand Prix, in Mexico. Lewis Hamilton finished in the 4th position in the Mexican Grand Prix. This is the 3rd time he has won the drivers’ world championship title without finishing on the race podium.
Pankaj Advani Became First Indian to Win Asian Snooker Tour Title
- Nineteen-time world champion Pankaj Advani has won the second leg of the Asian Snooker Tour in Jinan, China. Advani delivered a power-packed performance to outclass China’s Ju Reti 6-1 in the final and become the first Indian to win an Asian Snooker Tour event.