Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
National Projects Construction Corporation Limited NPCC conferred with the status of Miniratna
- The Government of India conferred the National Projects Construction Corporation Limited (NPCC) with the status of Miniratna: Category –I. This status will empower the company to take speedy decisions. One of the premier construction companies, NPCC has also been awarded the ISO 9001:2015 Certification.
AAI asked SpiceJet to pay Rs.20 crore by 30th November
- The Airports Authority of India (AAI) served a notice to SpiceJet asking it to pay Rs.20 crore by 30th November to partially clear its dues. AAI claimed that the airline’s dues have crossed the 80% threshold of its security deposit. As per the AAI norms, all the carriers are supposed to keep their dues within 80% of their security deposit with the State-run aerodrome operator.
Defence Minister Smt Nirmala Sitharaman launched Mission Raksha
- The main aim is to provide a boost to the Intellectual Property Right (IPR) culture in indigenous defence industry The event showcased the successful outcomes of adopting and utilizing the Intellectual Property Right (IPR) applications which enhanced inventions and innovations among Defence Public Sector Undertakings (DPSUs).
Miko 2 IIT-Bombay graduates launch Indias first advanced personal robot for kids
- Graduates of Indian Institute of Technology – Bombay (IIT-B) who are Co-founders of a start-up called Emotix have launched India’s first advanced personal robot Miko 2 for Kids. IIT Bombay graduates Sneh Rajkumar Vaswani along with his batchmates Prashant Iyengar and Chintan Raikar have founded the Tech start-up Emotix. Miko 2 is India’s first advanced robot that can see, hear, sense, express, talk, recognize faces, remember names, Identify moods and initiate a conversation.
NCLT appointed board of IL FS to monetise green assets
- The National Company Law Tribunal (NCLT)-appointed board of the Infrastructure Leasing & Financial Services Ltd. (IL&FS), acting on behalf of its relevant subsidiaries has initiated the process of exploring the sale of the controlling stake held by the IL&FS Group in renewable energy assets and businesses.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
The European Union has set its goal to be ‘carbon neutral’ by 2050
- The European Union on November 28, 2018 urged government, businesses, citizens and regions to join it in an ambitious plan to cut emissions and make the bloc carbon neutral by 2050. The EU’s strategic long-term vision relies on its member states to take action.
A section of stairs from the Eiffel Tower in Paris was sold for almost 170,000 euros
- A section of stairs from the Eiffel Tower in Paris was sold for almost 170,000 euros, around three times the pre-sale estimate. The auctioneers announced that more than two dozen wrought-iron steps from the original spiral structure, from between the second and third floors of the Paris landmark, were sold to a Middle East collector. The stairs, which stand 4.3 m high and were part of a private Canadian collection.
Brazil lost forests equal to 1 mn football pitches due to deforestation
In Brazil, the deforestation has reached its height that an area equivalent to one million football pitches was lost in just one year. According to the governmental institution of special investigations said that between August 2017 and July 2018, deforestation increased by almost 14%, with an area of 7, 900 sq km, it’s more or less one million football fields, of forest cleared.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Himachal Pradesh first state to launch single emergency number ‘112’
- Himachal Pradesh became the first state to launch a pan-India single emergency number ‘112’ where all kinds of immediate help can be sought in urgent matters. Under this project, an Emergency Response Centre (ERC) has been established in Shimla along with 12 district command centres (DCCs), covering the entire state.
|Himachal Pradesh Capital
West Bengal Green University renamed as Rani Rashmoni Green University
- The West Bengal Assembly passed the West Bengal Green University (Amendment) Bill 2018 to rename the West Bengal Green University as Rani Rashmoni Green University. The decision to rename the university was taken to commemorate the 225th birth anniversary of Lokmata Rani Rashmoni.
NGT imposed Rs.5 crore fine on West Bengal government
- The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has imposed a fine of Rs.5 crore on the West Bengal government as it failed to take steps to improve the air quality of Kolkata and Howrah. Subhas Datta, the petitioner, said that the cost has been imposed for failing to comply with an earlier order of the NGT in August 2016.
|West Bengal Capital
Noida and Greater Noida to participate in UN Global Sustainable Cities 2025 initiative
- The United Nations has officially selected Uttar Pradesh’s Noida and Greater Noida to participate in its Global Sustainable Cities 2025 initiative. The twin-cities in Gautam Buddha Nagar district have been selected in the ‘University City’ category ahead of Mumbai and Bengaluru as the only invitee from India.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital
Maharashtra approves 16% Maratha quota in jobs and educational institutes
- The Maharashtra assembly has unanimously approved 16% reservation for the Maratha community in jobs and educational institutes. Following this, the total reservation in the state for OBC, SC/ST groups, other minor social groups, and the Marathas will be 68%.
||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao
Electric cars set to replace diesel, petrol vehicles in Telangana State offices
- The Telangana government offices are soon to make way for electric cars as the State aims at promoting non-polluting vehicles. The government has brought in the Electric Mobility Policy 2018-2023 to encourage the use of carbon-free cars. It has followed it up by signing with the Energy Efficiency Services Limited (EESL).
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
RBI launches survey on India’s startup sector
- Reserve Bank of India (RBI) launched a Survey on India’s startup sector (SISS) with an endeavor to create a profile of the startup sector in India and provide dimensions relating to turnover, profitability and workforce. In a recent NASSCOM-Zinnov report titled “Indian Start-up Ecosystem 2018: Approaching Escape Velocity,”
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Nageshwara Rao Guntur appointed as Chairperson of AERB
- Union Govt appointed renowned scientist Nageshwara Rao Guntur as Chairperson of Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB).
IAS Ranbir Singh appointed as Chief Electoral Officer of Delhi
- Batch IAS Officer, Ranbir Singh served as the commissioner of East Delhi Municipal Corporation was appointed as the Chief Electoral Officer (CEO) of Delhi. Ranbir Singh will succeed Vijay Kumar Dev who had been appointed as the chief secretary of the Delhi Government.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Donbass, a Ukrainian film directed by Sergei Loznitsa won Golden Peacock award
- Donbass, a Ukrainian film directed by Sergei Loznitsa, won the coveted Golden Peacock award at the 49th International Film Festival of India (IFFI) at Panaji, Goa on 28th November. The award carries a cash prize of Rs.40 lakh, a trophy, and a citation.
Punyasloke Bhaduri was awarded the prestigious Swarnajayanti Fellowship
- Punyasloke Bhaduri was awarded the prestigious Swarnajayanti Fellowship by the central government for 2017-18 in the discipline of Earth and Atmospheric Sciences. Under this scheme, scientists are provided with generous support to pursue research in the frontier areas of science and technology.
Vijay Varma and P. Rajkumar were awarded the Asian of The Year awards
- Indian Navy commander Vijay Varma and Captain P. Rajkumar were among those honored at the ‘Asian of The Year’ awards at Singapore on 28th November. The two were acknowledged for their selfless service and bravery in rescue operations during the Kerala floods.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
- India and China on November 28, 2018 signed a protocol on hygiene and inspection requirements for the export of fish oil and fish meal in New Delhi during the visit of Hu Wei, the Vice Minister of China’s General Administration of Customs. The agreement would enable India to commence export of fish meal and fish oil to China.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
Logix India 2019 will be held in New Delhi
- ‘Logix India 2019’, which will be held from January 31 to February 2, 2019, in New Delhi. The event is aimed at improving logistics cost effectiveness and operational efficiencies for India’s Global Trade. Ranked 44 in the World Bank Logistics Performance Index 2018, logistics costs in India are 13-15 per cent of the product cost, while the global average is six per cent.
G20 Summit 2018 begins in Argentina
- The 2018 G20 Summit began on November 28, 2018 in the city of Buenos Aires, Argentina.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
President of India Receives the First Copy of the book Making of New India
- The book is edited by the nationalist think-tank Dr. Syama Prasad Mookerjee Research Foundation (SPMRF) and members of the Niti Aayog: Dr. Bibek Debroy, Dr. Anirban Ganguly and Shri Kishore Desai. The book contains 51 essays on themes ranging from economy to diplomacy, education to public health. The book endeavors to elaborate on how the government has set out to realize the vision of a New India.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SCHEMES AND PROGRAM
Government launches new initiative to introduce school students to 22 Indian languages
- The Union Government has launched a unique initiative called Bhasha Sangam to introduce school students to 22 Indian languages. The initiative aims to enhance linguistic tolerance and respect and promote national integration.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India has emerged as the third largest startup hub in the world
- In a recent NASSCOM-Zinnov report titled “Indian Start-up Ecosystem 2018: Approaching Escape Velocity”. India has emerged as the third largest startup hub in the world. According to the report, Bangalore, Delhi-NCR and Mumbai are the top cities which have seen a tremendous growth in startups, with Bangalore becoming one of the fastest growing technology startup hubs.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
ISRO launched HysIS into orbit
- Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) launched the Hyper Spectral Imaging Satellite (HysIS), being dubbed ‘Sharp Eye’, into space along with 30 other foreign satellites on board the workhorse PSLV rocket on 29th November. HysIS with a mission life of five years was placed in an orbit 636 km above the earth. It will travel over the poles and always face the son. While 23 satellites were from the US, the rest were from Australia, Canada, Columbia, Finland, Malaysia, the Netherlands, and Spain. These satellites were commercially contracted for launch through Antrix Corporation Limited, the commercial arm of ISRO.