Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
Rashtriya Ekta Diwas (National Unity Day)
- Rashtriya Ekta Diwas or National Unity day is celebrated every year on 31st October in India to commemorate the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel who played a great role in unifying the country.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
CSIR developed Less Polluting Firecrackers named – SWAS, SAFAL and STAR
- The Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) scientists has developed less polluting green firecrackers named SWAS,SAFAL,STAR. Green crackers are so named because they do not contain harmful chemicals that would cause air pollution.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Seychelles launches world’s first sovereign Blue Bond
- The Blue Bond is a part of an initiative that combines public and private investment to mobilise resources for empowering local communities and businesses. Proceeds from the bond will be utilised for the expansion of marine protected areas, improved governance of priority fisheries and the development of the Seychelles’ blue economy.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
PM Modi unveils world’s tallest statue ‘Statue of Unity’
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi unveiled the bronze statue of India’s first deputy prime minister, Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel at Kevadia in Gujarat’s Narmada district. At 182 metres, the statue of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel will be the tallest statue in the world, surpassing the height of Spring Temple Buddha in China, which had previously held the record at 153 metres.
Gandhian Thought and Swachhata Seminar Organized in Wardha
- The Ministry of Drinking Water and Sanitation has organised a seminar on Gandhian thoughts and Swachhta to make India a Swachh Bharat by 2019 -150 the birthday celebration of Mahatma Gandhi.
|Governor||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao|
Supreme Court prohibited the plying of 15-year-old petrol and 10-year-old diesel vehicles in the Delhi
- The Supreme Court prohibited the plying of 15-year-old petrol and 10-year-old diesel vehicles in the Delhi-NCR (national capital region) in a move to deal with the prevailing “very critical” and “horrible” pollution situation in Delhi-NC
|Delhi Capital||New Delhi|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
FPIs pull out INR 35,600 crore from Indian capitals market in October
- Foreign investors pulled out Rs 35,600 crore from the Indian capital markets in October 2018. The outflow is higher than Rs 21,000 crore withdrawn in September. Prior to that, overseas investors had invested Rs 7,400 crore in the capital markets (both equity and debt) in July-August period.
According to Standard Chartered’s The Emerging Affluent Study 2018, which is the most investment savvy economy
- According to a new Standard Chartered study-‘The Emerging Affluent Study 2018- Climbing the Prosperity Ladder’, India is Asia’s most investment savvy economy. The survey markets were: China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Kenya, Malaysia, Nigeria, Pakistan, Singapore, South Korea, the UAE.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: COMMITTEE
Ram Naik head of ‘Approach to Agriculture : A Holistic Overview’ on approach to agriculture for doubling farmer’s income
- A panel of governors constituted by President Ram Nath Kovind submitted its report ‘Approach to Agriculture : A Holistic Overview’ on approach to agriculture for doubling farmer’s income. The committee was headed by Uttar Pradesh Governor Ram Naik.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
UP and Uttarakhand sign agreement to strengthen bus services
- The Uttar Pradesh government on October 19, 2018 signed an agreement with its neighbouring state Uttarakhand to strengthen inter-state bus services.Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said his government is committed to provide better transport facilities to the people of the state.
The Union Cabinet of India constitute a Joint Working Group (JWG) on Fintech with Singapore
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its ex-post facto approval to the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Singapore in June 2018 on the constitution of a Joint Working Group (JWG) on FinTech. As per the pact, both countries will improve their regulatory connect to exchange best practices by sharing experience on policies and regulations related to fintech.
India and Qatar on October 29, 2018 established a joint commission to review all bilateral matters
- India and Qatar on October 29, 2018 established a joint commission to review all bilateral matters, as well as regional and global issues of mutual interest. A joint declaration was issued to this effect. The decision was taken following a meeting between Indian External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj and Qatari Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed Bin Abdulrahman Al Thani, during former’s visit to Qatar.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
Fifth National Summit on Public Health Care held
- The 5th National Summit on Good and Replicable Practices and Innovations in Public Health Care Systems in India began in Kaziranga, Assam on October 30, 2018. Addressing the summit Union Health Minister J P Nadda stressed on perform, reform and transform as emphasised by Prime Minister. Speaking on the occasion Union Minister of state for Health Ashwini Kumar Choubey said health sector in the country has improved of late.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
WhatsApp partnered with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to train small and medium enterprises (SMEs)
- WhatsApp partnered with Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) to train small and medium enterprises (SMEs) and entrepreneurs on using the messaging platform. The main objective is to help connect and grow the SMe businesses through the social messaging platform. It consist of on-ground training around the country to explain the features and best practices on the WhatsApp Business app that was launched in January 2018.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Japanese rocket lifted off the United Arab Emirates first locally made satellite H2A
- A Japanese rocket lifted off the United Arab Emirates first locally made satellite, the KhalifaSat Earth observation satellite, into orbit. The launch was done by the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency and Mitsubishi Heavy Industries from the Tanegashima Space Center. The rocket named: H-2A, also carried an Ibuki-2 greenhouse gas observation satellite for Japan.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Senior composer, lyricist Yashwant Dev passes away
- Senior composer and lyricist Yashwant Dev passed away in Mumbai early morning on October 30, 2018. He was 92.