Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
International Volunteer Day 2018
- International Volunteer Day (IVD) on 5 December was designated by the United Nations in 1985 as an international observance day to celebrate the power and potential of volunteerism.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
Rs 60000 crore to be spent on MGNREGA in 2018: Finance Minister
- Finance Minister Arun Jaitley said that 60 thousand crore rupees would be spent on Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act, MGNREGA this year.
Govt notifies dual-fuel usage for agri, construction equipment vehicles
- NSD LogoMinistry of Road Transport and Highways has notified dual-fuel usage for agricultural and construction equipment vehicles.
- These include tractors, power tillers, construction equipment vehicles and combine harvesters which have originally been manufactured as dual- fuel with diesel as primary fuel and CNG, Bio CNG as secondary, or have been converted as such from in-use diesel vehicles.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
Qatar is the world’s biggest supplier of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG)
- Qatar’s pure strength is the production of Gas. Qatar is the world’s biggest supplier of Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG), producing almost 30 percent of the world total. Qatar also shares the world’s largest known natural gas field, the ‘North Field’ with Iran.
Sushma Swaraj inaugurates Gandhi-Zayed Digital Museum in Abu Dhabi
- External Affairs Minister (EAM) Sushma Swaraj inaugurated the Gandhi-Zayed Digital Museum in Abu Dhabi along with Foreign Minister of UAE Sheikh Abdullah bin Zayed Al Nahyan.
||Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Delhi government launched One card for ease of commute on metro, buses
- Delhi government announced the launch of a common mobility card called ‘One’, with a tagline of ‘One Delhi One Ride’, for the easy commute on public transport. It was launched by Delhi Transport Minister Kailash Gahlot and Delhi Metro Rail Corporation (DMRC) managing director Mangu Singh. This would enable access to Metro and bus services with a single card at a 10 percent discount. A further provision of coverage of auto-rickshaws, taxis, RTVs and other modes of transport would be inducted under this card.
Bahrain and Maharashtra Government Signs MoU on Fintech
- The Economic Development Board (EDB), the investment promotion arm of the Kingdom of Bahrain signed an MoU with the Maharashtra Government to provide a framework for Co-operation between the two authorities to promote FinTech in their respective markets.
||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao
Government inks $85 Million Loan Agreement with ADB for Odisha Skill Development Project
- Union Government (Ministry of Finance) and Asian Development Bank (ADB) has signed $85 million loan agreement for Odisha Skill Development Project. It aims to improve the skill development eco-system in Odisha and establish World Skill Center (WSC), an advanced skill training center in state capital Bhubaneswar.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
European Central Bank has launched TIPS an Instant Payment System
- The European Central Bank launched a new system aimed at letting banks settle payments instantly across Europe, helping them to compete with PayPal and other global tech giants. Developed in just over a year, the ECB’s TARGET Instant Payment Settlement (TIPS) system will let people and companies in Europe transfer euros to each other within seconds and regardless of the opening hours of their local bank. TIPS is open only to providers that have an account at a central bank connected to the euro zone’s TARGET 2 network, meaning it is effectively restricted to European Union banks.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Jon Ridgeon was sworn in as the CEO of IAAF
- The International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) announced the appointment of Jon Ridgeon as its new CEO following approval by the IAAF Council on the first day of its 215th Council Meeting in Monaco. Ridgeon will take up the new role in March 2019.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONOURS
Imran Hussain, the Delhi Environment minister, has been awarded the ‘Hero to Animals’ award by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)
- Imran Hussain, the Delhi Environment minister, has been awarded the ‘Hero to Animals’ award by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) India for banning the Chinese manjha (or glass-coated kite strings) in the national capital in 2017. He received a award for saving the lives of humans and animals by banning all forms of manja throughout the National Capital Territory of Delhi. The policy of PETA is to ensure animals do not suffer in laboratories, food industries, leather trade, recreational businesses like circus, roadshows.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India, UAE sign two agreements, including one on currency swap
- India and the United Arab Emirates have signed two agreements, including one on currency swap, during visit of the External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to Abu Dhabi. The second agreement would enable both sides to undertake development projects in Africa.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
80th session WCO policy commission held in Mumbai
- The 80th Session of the three-day Policy Commission of the World Customs Organisation (WCO) will begin in Mumbai. Issues like trade facilitation and controlling illicit financial flow will be discussed during the three-day event, the opening session of which will be addressed by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley.
International conference on bears starts in Agra
- More than 80 delegates from 11 countries are participating in an International conference on bears being organised in the Taj city for the first time.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
Indian Navy to conduct Exercise sea vigil as a part of 2-month long Exercise TROPEX
- Indian Navy Chief Admiral Sunil Lanba announced conduction of a 2-month long Theatre Level Operational Readiness Exercise (Tropex) in January 2019. It would end in March 2019. The main objective is to check on the coastal defence system This would test the combat capability of the Indian Navy, Indian Army, Indian Air Force, and Coast Guard, and would strengthen interoperability and joint operations in a complex conflict situation.
Soyuz mission is the first manned mission to the International Space Station (ISS)
- After the October launch failure, a Soyuz rocket carrying Russian, American and Canadian astronauts took off from Kazakhstan and reached orbit on 3rd December in the first manned mission. Russian cosmonaut Oleg Kononenko, Anne McClain of NASA and David Saint-Jacques of the Canadian Space Agency were launched off for a six-and-a-half month mission on the International Space Station (ISS). After the rocket lifted off from the Baikonur Cosmodrome, Russian space agency Roscomos announced that the capsule was successfully launched into orbit.
India’s heaviest satellite GSAT-11 successfully launched by Ariane-5 rocket to provide better broadband services
- The ISRO launched GSAT-11 satellite and put it successfully in earth orbit from Kourou Launch Zone, French Guiana in South America today. ISRO used the Ariane-5 VA246 heavyweight rocket of Arianespace for this mission.
SHINYUU Maitri 18: First India, Japan air exercise begins in Agra
- The first bilateral air exercise SHINYUU Maitri-18 between Japanese Air Self Defence Force (JASDF) and Indian Air Force (IAF) began at Air Force Station Agra. The theme of this exercise is joint Mobility/Humanitarian Assistance & Disaster Relief (HADR) on Transport aircraft.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Delhi Daredevils renamed as Delhi Capitals ahead of 2019 IPL season
- The change in name comes close on the heels of JSW Sports picking up a 50 percent stake in the franchise. Ahead of the 2019 IPL auctions, the Delhi Daredevils released former captain Gautam Gambhir and a host of international stars which include Jason Roy, Glenn Maxwell and Liam Plunkett, along with Indian paceman Mohammed Shami.