Current Affairs Today 6th April 2018:
Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
IndiaFilings launches online income tax filing services:
- IndiaFilings launches online income tax filing services IndiaFilings launches online income tax filing services
- IndiaFilings’ online income tax filing service will help individuals and businesses file their income tax return using their platform.
- All income tax returns like ITR-1, ITR-2, ITR-3, ITR-4, ITR-5, ITR-6 and ITR-7 can be filed online using their platform directly.
- In order to prevent errors made by users while filing tax returns, intelligence and in-built algorithms have been incorporated in the platform.
- Apart from this self-serve platform, IndiaFilings also offers assisted tax return filing services for all class of taxpayers beginning from Rs.488.
Ola unveils in-trip insurance: Cost starts at Re 1, covers up to Rs 500,000:
- Ola has introduced an in-trip insurance programme for all its customers in India starting at just Re 1.
- This in-trip insurance will cover for loss of belongings, missed flights, and medical expenses up to Rs 500,000 in case of an accident.
- This service is optional. It will be available on rides taken in cabs, auto rickshaws, kaali-peeli cabs and e-rickshaws through Ola.
- Ola has partnered with Acko General Insurance and ICICI Lombard General Insurance for this in-trip insurance programme.
- Initially this service will be available in metro cities. Later it will be launched in the 110 cities where Ola operates.
|Acko General Insurance Headquarters||Mumbai|
|MD & CEO||Varun Dua|
RBI decides to set up Data Sciences Lab:
- Reserve Bank of India has decided to set up Data Sciences Lab to improve its forecasting, surveillance and early warning detection abilities which will aid policy formulation.
- In a press release, it said policy making not only benefits from data collected through regulatory returns and surveys but also from large volumes of structured and unstructured real-time information.
- RBI said the lab will comprise experts and budding analysts, who are trained in Computer Science, Data Analytics, Statistics, Economics, Econometrics and Finance.
- The unit is likely to become operational by December this year
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
India and the United Arab Emirates signed MOU on technical cooperation in rail sector:
- The Indian Railways today apprised the Cabinet of an MoU signed between India and the United Arab Emirates on technical cooperation in rail sector.
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding signed with Federal Transport Authority-Land and Maritime of the UAE on technical cooperation in rail sector.
|UAE Capital||Abu Dhabi|
|President||Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan|
India and Canada signed MOU on foster cross-border partnerships:
- The Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Shri Narendra Modi has been apprised of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed between India and Canada.
- The MoU was signed on 21st February, 2018 in New Delhi.
- The MoU aims at fostering cross-border partnerships focused on research excellence and industry-academic collaboration between India and Canada that brings robust innovation gains to both countries.
India and Afghanistan for cooperation in the field of food safety and related areas:
- The Union Cabinet, chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi has approved the signing of a Cooperation Arrangement between Food Safety & Standards Authority of India (FSSAI), Ministry of Health & Family Welfare (MoH & FW) and Ministry of Agriculture, Irrigation & Livestock (MAIL), Afghanistan for cooperation in the field of Food Safety and related areas, an official release said.
FIEO, PayPal ink MoU to empower Indian SMEs to sell globally:
- Digital payments company PayPal and the Federation of Indian Export Organisations (FIEO) signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) for promotion of outbound shipments among small and medium enterprises (SMEs).
- As per the terms of the MoU, PayPal will work with FIEO to educate SMEs on how to leverage global opportunities, help them receive money in a safe and timely manner with PayPal products and inform them of global best practices.
- The programmes and seminars undertaken for this purpose will not only create awareness but will also address some commonly faced challenges by SMEs.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
Global Logistics Summit held in New Delhi:
- On 5th and 6th April 2018, Global Logistics Summit was held in New Delhi.
- The Global Logistics Summit was organised by the Department of Commerce, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, along with FICCI (Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry) and the World Bank Group.
- The Summit acts as a platform to hold discussions for global experts, academics, government officials and private sector and industry representatives.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: AWARDS AND HONORS
10 Indian Women Achievers were presented the FLO Icon Awards:
- At the Annual session 10 Indian Women Achievers were presented the FLO ICON AWARDS.
- The award winners are:
- Banking & Finance – Ms Chanda Kochhar, MD & CEO, ICICI Bank
- Health & Wellness – Dr Aarti Vij, Chief of AIIMS’ Organ Retrieval and Banking Organization (ORBO)
- Media Entrepreneurship – Ms Ekta Kapoor, Joint Managing Director and Creative Director of Balaji Telefilms
- Conscientious Cinema – Ms Twinkle Khanna, Entrepreneur, Author, Film Producer
- Digital Entrepreneurship – Ms Falguni Nayar, Founder & CEO, NYKAA
- Science & Technology – Dr Tessy Thomas, Director, Advanced Systems Laboratory (ASL), Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO)
- Promoting Literature – Ms Namita Gokhale, Author and Director of Jaipur Literature Festival
- Environmental Protection – Ms Bharati Chaturvedi, Founder of CHINTAN, Environmentalist and writer
- Commando Training – Dr Seema Rao, Commando Trainer, certified Doctor and MBA in crisis management
- Grassroots Mobilization – Ms Kamal Kumbhar, Social entrepreneur & Founder of Ekta Producer Company
CURRENT AFFAIRS: RANKING
India is the third most vulnerable country to cyber threats:
- India has been ranked the third most vulnerable country in terms of risk of cyber threats in 2017, as per the ‘Internet Security Threat Report’ presented by Symantec, a security solutions provider.
- In 2017, 5.09% of global threats detected were in India. India has moved one position up compared to 2016.
- S. has been ranked as the top most vulnerable country to such attacks with 26.61% attacks. It is followed by China in the second position with 10.95% attacks.
- This global threat ranking is based on eight factors: malware, spam, phishing, bots, network attacks, web attacks, ransom ware and crypto miners.
India pips Japan, becomes second largest manufacturer of crude steel:
- India has surpassed Japan and has become the world’s second largest producer of crude steel in February 2018, according to Steel Users Federation of India (SUFI).
- India pips Japan, becomes second largest manufacturer of crude steelIndia pips Japan, becomes second largest manufacturer of crude steel:
- China is the current largest producer of crude steel in the world. It contributes to more than 50% of steel production in the world.
- India’s crude steel production was up 4.4% with 93.11 million tonnes (MT) from April 2017 to February 2018, compared to April 2016 to February 2017.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS
Julius Maada Bio elected as Sierra Leone’s President:
- Julius Maada Bio elected as Sierra Leone’s PresidentJulius Maada Bio – Sierra Leone’s President:
- On 5th April 2018, National Electoral Commission of Sierra Leone announced that Julius Maada Bio won the presidential elections with 51.8 percent votes. He belongs to the Sierra Leone People’s Party (SLPP).
- He defeated Samura Kamara. Samura Kamara was the candidate of All People’s Congress, which is the ruling party.
- The presidential elections were conducted on 31st March 2018. Julius Maada Bio succeeds Ernest Bai Koroma.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
Union Government constitutes committee to regulate news portals:
- The Ministry of Information and Broadcasting (I&B) constituted a 10-member committee to regulate online portals, including news websites, entertainment.
- The committee will include secretaries of departments of Home, Electronics and Information and Technology, Legal Affairs and Industrial Policy.
- The committee will look to bring online information dissemination under regulation. It will propose a policy for foreign direct investment (FDI).
Flipkart Partners With MakeMyTrip To Offer Travel Services:
- Homegrown e-commerce giant Flipkart has forged a strategic partnership with online travel company MakeMyTrip to offer travel services on its platform.
- Additionally, the services of MakeMyTrip are other brands, Goibibo and redBus, will be available to Flipkart consumers as part of the deal.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
SAHYOG- HYEOBLYEOG 2018: Indian, Korean coast guards hold joint exercise off Chennai coast:
- Indo-Korean joint anti-piracy, search and rescue exercise ‘SAHYOG- HYEOBLYEOG 2018’ was conducted off the Chennai coast today. The Korean Coast Guard ship ‘BADARO’ took part in the exercise. Indian Coast Guard ships and an aircraft also took part in it.
- An official release said, as part of the exercise, ships of the Indian Coast Guard and the Korean vessel undertook tactical manoeuvres and drills to counter piracy and carry out maritime law enforcement tasks off Chennai coast.
- Indian Coast Guard deployed a Dornier aircraft to carry out sea-air coordinated search along with ICG Shaurya, Rani Abbakka, C-423, C-431 in the exercise. Director General of Indian Coast Guard Rajendra Singh and Commissioner of Korean Coast Guard General Park Kyung reviewed the exercise.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Ex-England midfielder Ray Wilkins passes away:
- On 4th April 2018, Ray Wilkins, ex-England midfielder, passed away after suffering from a cardiac arrest, at St George’s Hospital in Tooting, south-west London.
- Ex-England midfielder Ray Wilkins passes awayDeath of Ray Wilkins:
- Ray Wilkins was 61 years old. He had played 84 times for England from 1976 to 1986. He also served as a captain for 10 games.
- His nickname was “Butch.” He played for teams like Manchester United, Chelsea and AC Milan.
/ 5. Reviews