Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates, those who are preparing for IBPS/RBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
NITI Aayog expert group urges plan to save springs in Himalayas
- NITI Aayog constituted group of experts has submitted report titled ‘Inventory and Revival of Springs in the Himalayas for Water Security.’ It has mentioned that nearly 30% of springs crucial to water security of people are drying and 50% have reported reduced discharge.
India not to attend Afghan peace conference in Moscow
- India has reportedly declined an invitation from Russia to attend a multilateral conference on Afghanistan after Afghanistan itself decided against attending the conclave.
- Russia is organising the conference to bring peace in Afghanistan. The event was scheduled to take place in Moscow on September 4, but it has been postponed after several countries turned down Russia’s invite to attend the event.
TRANSTAN made Aadhaar mandatory for organ transplant
- Transplant Authority of Tamil Nadu (TRANSTAN) has made Aadhaar mandatory for Indian patients to register in the Tamil Nadu Network for Organ Sharing. While foreigners are asked to submit a No Objection Certificate (NoC) from the respective Embassies. Earlier, for Indian patients any identity proof, including voter’s ID, was acceptable.
India to generate 100 GW solar energy by 2022
- Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Civil Aviation, Suresh Prabhu said that demand for energy will increase due to rapid development taking place in India and fossil fuel is not going to last forever and therefore there is need for renewable energy.
- He was speaking at afunction of International Solar Alliance (ISA) Innovation and Investment Forum in New Delhi.
- India has set a target to generate100 GW solar energy by 2022 for increasing share of carbon free energy in the energy mix.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: INTERNATIONAL
World’s first lion cubs born via artificial insemination
- In a world first achievement, a lioness at the Ukutula Conservation Center and Biobank in South Africa’s North West province has given birth to two cubs conceived via non-surgical artificial insemination, using fresh semen from an adult male lion at the same facility. The research is a breakthrough for saving endangered species like tiger and snow leopard.
|South Africa Capital||Cape Town, Pretoria, Bloemfontein|
Dr Arif Alvi elected as 13th President of Pakistan
- Dr Arif ur Rehman Alvi (69) was elected as 13th President of Pakistan. He is close ally of Pakistan Prime Minister Imran Khan and one of founding members of ruling Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) party. He will take oath of office of President on September 9, 2018.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Puducherry bags top position in National Clean School Award given by HRD Ministry
- Union Territory of Puducherry has bagged top position in National Clean School Award after seven schools from Puducherry were awarded for cleanliness. As many as 52 schools from across the country were bestowed with National Clean School Award in recognition of their efforts in carrying forward Swachh Bharat Abhiyan.
WB Government denies ‘stop promotion’ rumour on social media
- The West Bengal government on September 4, 2018 denied rumours doing the rounds on social media that it has instructed all departments to stop promotion of its employees till the Lok Sabha elections, which are due in 2019.
|West Bengal Capital||Kolkata|
Lucknow to host 1st International cricket match after 24 years
- Lucknow’s Ekana International Cricket Stadium is set to host its first international cricket match as the stadium has been announced as the venue for the second T20I between India and West Indies on November 6. West Indies’ tour of India, which consists of two Tests, five ODIs, and three T20Is begins on October 4.
|Uttar Pradesh Capital||Lucknow|
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BANKING AND FINANCE
S&P BSE Private Banks Index: Asia Index Pvt Ltd launches index to measure the performance of private banks
- Asia Index Pvt Ltd has launched S&P BSE Private Banks Index to measure the performance of private banks. Asia Index Pvt Ltd is a joint venture between S&P Dow Jones Indices and BSE Ltd
India on track to buy 18 bullet trains from Japan for Rs 7,000 crore
- India will purchase 18 bullet train sets from Japan at a total cost of about Rs 7,000 crore in a deal that includes a pledge to transfer technology for local production. Each train will have 10 coaches and would be able to cruise at the speed of 350 km per hour. The country’s first bullet train is likely to start running between Mumbai and Ahmedabad by the end of 2022.
HDFC ERGO makes Cyber Insurance Personal with Launch of E @ Secure
- The main aim of the insurance Policy is to provide comprehensive protection to individuals and their families against any cyber-attacks, cyber frauds or digital threats that could lead to a financial loss and or reputational loss. About HDFC ERGO HDFC ERGO General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between HDFC Ltd and ERGO International AG, a Germany-based company that is part of the Munich Re Group. HDFC holds 51 per cent, and ERGO the other 49 per cent.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BUSINESS
TCS becomes 2nd Indian company to cross Rs. 8 trillion market cap
- Mumbai-headquartered Tata Consultancy Services (TCS) became only the second Indian company to cross ₹8 trillion (Rs 8 lakh crore) in market capitalisation after Mukesh Ambani-led Reliance Industries.
Amazon India made its e-commerce website and mobile application available in Hindi
- Amazon India announced that its e-commerce website and mobile application is now made available in Hindi. Other online players like also Paytm Mall offer users the option to use Hindi as a language. However, Flipkart is available only in English.
Amazon hits USD 1 trillion market capitalisation after Apple
- World’s richest man Jeff Bezos-led e-commerce major Amazon became the 2nd publicly traded US company to hit $1 trillion in market capitalisation after iPhone maker Apple. Amazon stock has more than doubled in the last 12 months and has gained more than 70% in 2018.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Fast bowler RP Singh retires from cricket
- Former India fast bowler RP Singh has announced his retirement from Cricket.His international career spanned six years and the pacer played 82 matches across all three formats and picked up over 100 wickets.
- He was one of the heroes of India’s 2007 World T20 triumph and played a major role in India’s Test win over Australia at Perth in that year.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SUMMIT AND CONFERENCE
Conference on E-Mobility in Indian Railways held in New Delhi
- The main aim is to discuss strategies for future of mobility in India and to make Indian Railways more efficient, greener and a preferred mode of transport. It acted as a common platform for project developers and other stakeholders. Minister of State for Railways, Manoj Sinha was the chief guest of the conference. Minister of State for Railways, Rajen Gohain, was the Guest of Honour.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
Banwarilal Purohit released the first copy of Paritchaikku Bhayamen
- Tamil Nadu Governor Banwarilal Purohit released the first copy of “Paritchaikku Bhayamen”, the Tamil translation of Exam Warriors. The book is a compilation of speeches made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOBILE APP AND PORTAL
Government launches Coffee Connect app and KrishiTharanga project
- Union Ministry of Commerce & Industry launched Coffee Connect-India coffee field force app and Coffee KrishiTharanga – digital mobile extension services project for coffee stakeholders. These initiatives were developed by Coffee Board of India for the overall technological advancement of the coffee sector and value chain
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
KAZIND 2018: Indo-Kazakhstan joint military exercise KAZIND to be held in Otar region, Kazakhstan
- India, Kazakhstan joint army exercise KAZIND will be conducted between Indian and Kazakhstan Army in Otar region, Kazakhstan from 10 to 23 September 2018. This will be third joint military exercise between two countries which have history of extensive cooperation in defence arena. The second edition of the exercise was held in India in 2017.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: SPORTS
Indian Kho-Kho team to get financial support for participation in International championship
· Encouraging traditional games of the country, the Union Sports Minister, Rajyavardhan Rathore has approved the financial support for the Kho Kho team participating at the first International Kho Kho championship in England.
· The guideline for sports disciplines like Kho Kho, which are categorised as ‘others’, was earlier not eligible for financial support for participation in International sporting events.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITURIES
Noted Gujarati author Bhagwati Kumar Sharma passes away
- Noted Gujarati author, journalist and poet Bhagwati Kumar Sharma passed away in Surat on September 5, 2018 morning. He was 84.