Dear Readers, Daily Current Affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Read Current Affairs Today here and stay updated with current news. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this and try Current Affairs Quiz to test your knowledge level.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: IMPORTANT DAYS
Armed Forces Flag Day 2018 in India
- December 7 is celebrated as Armed Forces Flag Day in India, ever since an immediate need was felt after independence
CURRENT AFFAIRS: NATIONAL
India’s longest rail-road bridge ‘Bogibeel Bridge’ has built over Brahmaputra
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the India’s longest rail-road bridge – Bogibeel Bridge on December 25, which is also marked as the Good Governance Day (GGD). The 4.94 km long bridge connects the north and south banks of the Brahmaputra & falls in the eastern part of Assam and Arunachal Pradesh. The bridge, which has been constructed by the Indian Railways, is 32m above the water level of the river and will provide connectivity to the northeast.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: STATE
Economic Development Boardsigned MoU with the Maharashtra Government to promote Fintech
- The Economic Development Board (EDB), the investment promotion arm of the Kingdom of Bahrain signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Maharashtra Government to promote FinTech in their respective markets. The MoU was signed by Dr. Simon Galpin, Managing Director of EDB, and Mr. S.V.R. Srinivas, IAS Principal Secretary, Directorate of Information Technology.
|Governor||Chinamani Vidyasagar Rao|
Odisha’s Kandhamal Haldi (turmeric variety), famous for its healing properties, will soon gets Geographical Indications (GI) tag.
- Odisha’s Kandhamal Haldi (turmeric variety), famous for its healing properties, will soon gets Geographical Indications (GI) tag. Its registration was applied by Kandhamal Apex Spices Association for Marketing (KASAM) and was accepted under sub-section (1) of Section 13 of the Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999. A GI is a sign used on products that have a specific geographical origin and possess qualities or a reputation that are due to that origin.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: APPOINTMENTS AND RESIGNATION
Charlotte Prodger is the winner of the Turner Prize for 2018
- The Glasgow-based British artist Charlotte Prodger has won the prestigious £25,000 Turner Prize 2018 for her film work examining landscapes and gender identity. She has been hailed for her work ‘Bridgit’, which was shot using her phone, and for the multi-format film ‘Stoneymollan Trail’, exhibited at Bergen Kunsthall. Nigerian novelist Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie presented the award at a ceremony held at Tate Britain in London. The Turner Prize award, named after the 19th-century English painter J. M. W. Turner since 1984, is £40,000 with £25,000 going to the winner and £5,000 each for the other shortlisted artists.
Swapna Barman has become the brand ambassador for digital banking platform ‘YONO’
- Asian Games gold medalist Swapna Barman has become the brand ambassador for State Bank of India (SBI)’s unified integrated app ‘YONO (You Only Need One)’. Through YONO, users are capable to access a variety of financial and other services such as taxi bookings, online shopping, or medical bill payments.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: MOU
Ministry of Railways has signed pact with Madame Tussauds Wax Museum to foster tourism
- Ministry of Railways’ National Rail Museum (NRM) has signed pact with Madame Tussauds Wax Museum (MTWM) to foster tourism in Delhi NCR. It is first time ever public-private museum collaboration that shall attract more tourists to both NRM and MTWM. As a part of the collaboration, a special discount of 35% on ticket prices will be offered to NRM visitors when they visit Madame Tussauds Museum.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: BOOKS AND AUTHORS
The book titled ‘Blue Waters Ahoy!’ has been authored by Vice Admiral Anup Singh
- The book titled ‘Blue Waters Ahoy!’ has been authored by Vice Admiral Anup Singh, who retired as the Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Eastern Naval Command in 2011. The book, which chronicles the Indian Navy’s History from 2001-10, has recently released by Admiral Sunil Lanba, Chief of the Naval Staff.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: DEFENCE
GSAT-11 is the India’s heaviest communication satellite i.e. recently launched successfully from French Guiana
- ISRO’s heaviest and most advanced high throughput communication satellite ‘GSAT-11’ was successfully launched by an European Ariane-5 vehicle (Flight VA246) rocket from Guiana Space Centre at Kourou in French Guiana. Initially, the satellite is placed in the Geosynchronous Transfer Orbit (GTO) and will be raised to the Geostationary Orbit (36,000 km above the equator) through phase-wise orbit-raising manoeuvres in the days ahead, using its on-board propulsion systems.
CURRENT AFFAIRS: OBITUARIES
Noted agriculturalist Nel Jayaraman (54) has passed away
- Noted agriculturalist Nel Jayaraman (54), who pioneered the protection and propagation of indigenous paddy varieties in Tamil Nadu, passed away in Chennai on December 6, 2018. Hailing from Thiruthuraipoondi, in the heart of Tamil Nadu’s delta rice bowl, Jayaraman has been credited with documenting and protecting more than 170 paddy varieties.
/ 5. Reviews