Daily Current Affairs Updates– 10th December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). Human Rights Day was observed on 10th December 2015:
2015 Theme:‘Our Rights. Our Freedoms. Always’
· Aim: This investment was aimed to focus on developing cloud-based technology infrastructure.
· eClinicalWorks,U.S.-based healthcare IT firm will invest$30 million as part of its expansion plans for the digital healthcare market in India.
· These efforts coincide with the Centre’s ambitious ‘Digital India’ drive aimed at attracting global firms to invest on manufacturing in the country.
· Background:Under this agreementit was aimed tosupply of critical and high integrityforged and machined components for a range ofaero engines, including the flagship Trent engine.
· Bharat Forge is the flagship company of theKalyani Group
· Rolls-Royceis a world leader in integrated power systems for use in the air, on land and at sea.
· Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Forge-BN Kalyani
· Angela Merkel was honored for her role inEurope’s crises over migration andGreek debtas she had provided steadfast moral leadership in a world.
· She was the4th Women to achieve this pridesince 1927 and the first women to feature in29 years.
· Islamic State leaderAbu Bakr al-Baghdadi was named runner-up and third place went to US Presidential candidateDonald Trump.
· Denguehas become the fastest-growing mosquito-borne disease, with as many as400 million people infected every year.
· Now Vaccination for this disease was official approved and several million doses of the vaccine are ready to ship and the annual production is expected to reach 100 million doses by2017.
6). Luxembourg became the 10th country to ratify the Articles of Agreement (AoA) of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB):
· This will lay the legal framework for theChina-initiated Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB).
· Apart from Luxembourg, Australia, Austria, Brunei Darussalam, China, Mongolia, Nepal, New Zealand, Singapore and United Kingdom ratified the 60-article agreement so far.
· Among the57 founder-member countries, except the Philippines all other 56 countries have signed the AoA and 46 countries are yet to ratify it.
7). British Columbia has become the first foreign government to invest onshore in India as it plans to tap the ‘masala bond’:
· “Masala bonds” are basically rupee-denominated bonds issued in offshore capital markets.
· These bonds are offered and settled inUS dollars to raise rupeesfrom international investors for infrastructure development in India.
8). Cabinet has approved the Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Bill, 2015:
· Aim: set up State level real estate regulators and mandate developers to register their projects and regularly disclose milestones to home and commercial property buyers.
· It will boostdomestic and foreign investment in the sector and help achieve the objective to provide ‘Housing for All’ by enhanced private participation.
9). India placed 4th position in black money outflows, as per the report by GFI:
· Among the developing and emerging economies, India has been placed atfourth position inblack money outflows.
· It was revealed byGlobal Financial Integrity’s (GFI’s)Illicit Financial Flows from Developing Countries:2004-2013 Report.
Top three countries are:
1. Chinatops the list with $139 billion average outflow of black money per annum
2. Russia(104 billion dollars per annum)
3. Mexico(52.8 billion dollars per annum)
10). Mahela Jayawardene, former Sri Lanka Captain was awarded with an honorary life membership of the Marylebone Cricket Club (MCC):
· Background: to recognise Jayawardene’s stellar career in which he played149 Test matches and scored11814 runs at an average of49.84.
· He became the14th Sri Lankan to be awarded withMCC Honorary Life Membership.
· Back Ground: This prestigious award was honored for theirexceptional work in transforming the lives of others and making a lasting difference in their communities.
· This award will be presented bythe British monarch inBuckingham Palace in June2016.
For More Important Daily Current Affairs Updates– Click Here