Daily Current Affairs Updates– 11th October 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1)World Mental Health day – 10-OCT-2015
· World Mental health day observed on 10-OCT-2015 with the objective of raising awareness of mental health.
· Theme: Dignity in Mental health
2) Indirect Tax collections increased by 32.6%
· Indirect tax Revenue collections increased from Rs.46224 crores to Rs.61, 284 crores during 2014-15. 32.6% has been registered during September -2015. This is50.6% of target fixed forBudget Estimation (BE) 2015-16
· Central excise collections have increased from Rs.13, 356 crores to Rs. 22489 crores during 2014-15. 68.4% has been increased during September -2015. This is55.0% of target fixed atBE 2015-16
· Service TaxCollections have increased from Rs.15, 158 crores to Rs. 20, 483 crores during 2014-2015. 35.1% has been increased during September -2015. This is an achievement of45.5% of the target fixed atBE 2015-16
· Customscollections have increased from Rs.17, 710 crores to Rs. 18, 312 crores during 2014-15. 3.4% has been increased during September -2015. This is an achievement of49.7% of the target fixed atBE 2015-16
3) World Military Games – Rangi wins silver
· 20 year oldDheeraj Rangi, lightweight boxer (60 kg) secured thesilver medal in theworld military games being held inMungyeong, South Korea.
· Algeria’s Yahia Abdelli won gold medal
· Mohammed Husamuddin, Devanshu Jaiswal and Narendra Berwal claimed Bronze medals.
4) SAARC festival begins in Jaipur
· SAARC Sufi festival inaugurated byRajasthan Governor Kalyan Singh , 3 day carnival of Sufi dance, music, poetry.
· This event is being organized by the foundation of SAARC writers and Literatures (FOSWAL)
5) World’s cheapest city – Mumbai
· Mumbai has emerged as theworld’scheapest city to live, work in, among the12 top metropolitan cities of the world, saysSavills World Research
· In Mumbai it costs just$29,088 toaccommodate an employee, up only 2.4% since 2008. In Shangai it cost $38,089
· London, Hongkong and New York are the world’s most expensive cities for companies to accommodate employees.
6) 2015 China Open Women’s doubles title- Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis
· Indo-Swiss pair ofSania Mirza and Martina Hingisadded another trophy in its collection inChina open title by defeating Chinese Taipei, Hao- ching and Yung Jan
· This is8th title for the pair of this year, having already won the Indian Wells, Miami, Charleston, and Wimbledon, US Open, Guangzhou and Wuhan titles
7) Department of Official Language- Girish Shankar appointed as Secretary
· Senior IAS officer Girish Shankar has appointed asSecretary of Department of Official Language under Home Ministry. At present Shankar is appointed as Additional Secretary in the Tourism Ministry.
· The appointment committee of cabinet has approved extension in tenure of M.Gopal Reddy, Joint secretary in the home Ministry for a period of two months beyond October 7.
8) Balaji, Prerna are new national tennis champions
· N Sriram Balaji, the newnational champion and earn a wild card for the 2016 Delhi open by defeating Vishnu Vardhan in the final of the Fenesta open, the national hard court tennis championship
· Balaji has also won themen’sdoublestitle too, with partnerV M Ranjeet.
· Prerna Bhambri won women’s singles title by defeating Samitha Sai Chamarthi and earned wild card for USD 25,000 ITF women event in Delhi open
· Under -18 boys,B R Nikshep won title by defeating Aryan Goveas got wild card for the Delhi Open Qualifiers
· Zeel Desai won the girls singles title, defeating Satwika Sama
9) New Zealand Tourism ambassador- Siddharth Malhotra
· Siddharth Malhotra has been appointed as Tourism New Zealand ambassador for India.
10)Smart city projects with 2 billion Euro assisted from the French government
· Smart city project for sustainable development with 2 billion Euros from the French government has begun in Pondicherry as first phase, Nagpur and Chandigarh will be taken up in the second phase
· French Representative Francois Richer said the French development agency (AFD) will provide technological support in the areas of water, sanitation, transport and waste management, energy efficiency, solar energy, heritage preservation, security, city lighting, communication and technology in these cities.
11) Sushil koirala resigns and K P Sharma Oli elected as Nepal PM
· Nepal Prime MinisterSushil Koirala has submitted his resignation to President Ram Baran Yadav
· President Yadav accepted his resignation and asked Sushil to conduct daily administrative functions till new government is formed
· K P Sharma Oli elected asNepal Prime minister garnered 338 votes, 39 more than the 299 that he needed to be elected as the PM
12) UNSC to allow EU countries to use force to tackle Refugee Crisis
· United Nations Security Council has adopted a resolution to allowEuropean countries and other countries to useforce to tackle therefugee crisis
· EU countries had launchedoperation Sophiato against human smugglers and traffickers in the Mediterranean Sea and adopted by UNSC. It was adopted under chapter 7 of the UN charter, which authorizes use of forces
13) Vodaphone wins transfer pricing tax dispute case
· Vodaphone, British telecom has the transfer pricing tax dispute against Indian Tax authorities. The court decision came after Vodaphone India had challenged the order of the income Tax Appellate Tribunal (ITAT)
People Also Visited:
/ 5. Reviews
Be the first to rate this post.