Daily Current Affairs Updates– 12th December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). India and the U.S. have identified 17 new areas for potential cooperation under Defence Technology and Trade Initiative (DTTI):
· Concluding his four-day tour of the United States,Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar said he and his counterpart Ash Carter had agreed to closely monitor the progress of theDTTI.
· He did not divulge details of the new areas identified for cooperation, but said these covered radar systems and UAVs among other things.
2). Varanasi and Jaipur was designated as members of UNESCO’s Creative Cities Network:
· Director-Generalof United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO),Irina Bokova has announced that theVaranasi City (Uttar Pradesh), has been added in the City of Craft category of network andJaipur City (Rajasthan) added in the City of Music category of network.
· The designation of47 cities from 33 countries as new members of the UNESCO Creative Cities Network. India had applied for thefirst time to UNESCO in these categories in 2015.
· China Shipbuilding Industry Corporation (CSIC) delivered the two vessels to theBangladesh Navyin Qidong City, east China’s Jiangsu Province.
· Zhu Xuejun, chief engineer of the CSIC, said that, these two vessels will be the key warships of the Bangladesh Navy which has ability to sail at a maximum speed of25.5 knots.
4). V K Singh to represent India at Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO) meeting in China:
· V K Singh- Minister of State for External Affairs General
· Officials here said GeneralV K Singh will lead the Indian delegation at the meeting to be held atZengzhouon 14th and 15th December to be presided over by Chinese Premier Li Keqiang.
· Besides India and Pakistan, Afghanistan, Belarus, Iran and Mongolia will take part in the meeting as observers.
· Venkata Satya Sri Rohan Chikkam, known as Rohan, a13-year-old Indian-origin schoolboy has joined the coveted highIQ Mensaclub in the UK after clearing the “Cattell III B paper” and “Culture Fair Scale” (achieving a score of 161 out of a possible 162) and coming in at the top 1 per cent of the country’s brightest.
6). India and Japan has signed MoU on peaceful use of nuclear energy:
· Aim:to take the civil nuclear deal forward
· The Joint Statement issued afterModi-Abe meeting, also clarified that the final document sealing thenuclear deal will take some time to emerge.
· The “Agreement will be signed after the technical details are finalized, including those related to the internal procedures.”
7). India and Japan has signed protocol to amend double taxation avoidance pact:
· Aim of this protocol: Provides for internationally accepted standards for effectiveexchange of information ontax mattersincluding bank information and information withoutdomestic tax interest.
· A protocol for amending the existing convention for the avoidance ofdouble taxation and for theprevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income was signed between India and Japan.
· Signed byDr Hasmukh Adhia (Revenue Secretary) andKenji Hiramatsu (Ambassador of Japan)
· The prestigiousMailer Prize honours writers who fully exercise their freedom of creativity and thrive on dialogue and debate.
· He awardedby Laurie Anderson at a ceremony heldat Pratt Institute in Brooklyn,New York City.
· Famous books written by Salman,Midnight’s Children,The Satanic Verses,Two Years Eight Months and Twenty-Eight Nights.
· Indian female cyclist,Deborah Herold to be ranked fourth in theWorld Elite Women Ranking for the500m time trial event.
· The ranking was issued by cycling world bodyInternational Cycling Union(UCI).
10). Sharad Joshi, Economist, agriculturist, prolific journalist and stalwart farmer leader has passed away:
· He is the founder of theShetkari Sanghatana, and thepan-Maharashtra farmer’s organization.
· He was also member of theRajya Sabha between2004 and 2010.
For More Important Daily Current Affairs Updates– Click Here