Daily Current Affairs Updates– 12th November 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1.) Subir GokarnAppointed As TheExecutive Director of IMF
· Former RBI Deputy GovernorSubir Gokarn was today appointed as an Executive Director on the board of theInternational Monetary Fund (IMF).
· Subir Gokarnwill representIndia,Bangladesh,Sri Lanka andBhutan on the Washington—basedIMF’s Executive Board, which is responsible for conducting theday—to—day business of the multilateral institution.
· The name of56—year—old economist was cleared by Appointments Committee of Cabinet headed byPrime Minister Narendra Modi.
· On the IMF Executive Board,Gokarn will replace Rakesh Mohan, Mohan has also been a Deputy Governor at RBI. Thecurrent RBI Governor Raghuram Rajan has incidentally been Chief Economist at IMF.
· The grouping ofIndia,Bangladesh,Sri LankaandBhutan would be represented byGokarn with a total casting vote of2.8 per cent. This includes more than2.3 per cent for India.
· Thehighestvote is for theUS at16.74 per cent.
2.) Modi Arrives InUKOnMaidenVisit
· Prime MinisterNarendra Modi has begun athree-day bilateral visit to the UK, which is expected to clinch billions of pounds of deals, including in thedefenceaviation,financial, andtelecom sectors.
· It is the first timean Indian Prime Minister has visited the UK sinceManmohan Singhattended the G20 summit in 2009, and the first bilateral visit by a Prime Minister since 2006. It is thethird meeting between UK Prime Minister David Cameron and Modi.
· Modi was received at theHeathrow Airport by British Indian MPPriti Patel; Hugo Swire, Minister of State at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office; andJamesBevan, British High Commissioner to India.
· Modi will address a joint press conference at theForeignandCommonwealthOffice (FCO).
· Modi is accompanied by ahigh profile business delegationincluding,
· Tata headCyrus Mistry,
· Sunil Bharti Mittal the chair of Bharti Enterprises Ltd,
· TK Kurien of Wipro,
· Tulsi Tanti of Suzlon Energy&
· Atul Punj of Suzlon Energy.
3.) Nasa’sCassini SpotsMonstrous Ice Cloud on Titan
· Nasa’s Cassini spacecraft has detected a monstrous new cloud of frozen compounds in thelow- to mid-stratosphere ofTitan, the largest moon of Saturn.
· Cassini’s camera had already imaged an impressive cloud hovering overTitan’s south pole at an altitude of about300 kilometres.
· The new cloud was detected by Cassini’s infrared instrument that isComposite Infrared Spectrometer( CIRS ) – which obtains profiles of the atmosphere at invisible thermal wavelengths. The cloud hasa low density, similar to Earth’s fog but likely flat on top.
4.IndiabullsHousingTo Buy40%In UK BankFor$100 Mn
· Indiabulls Housing Finance today said it will acquire a39.76 percent stake in theUK’s OakNorth Bank forUSD 100 million (about Rs 661 crore).
· The company said the acquisition will help it chart a roadmap to adeposit-taking franchise.
· “Pursuant to all applicable regulatory approvals from relevant regulators inlNDIA and theUK. Indiabulls Housing Finance Ltd’ is investingUSD 100 million for 39.76 per centstake inOakNorth Bank, a licensed UKcommercial Bank. The company will be thelargest shareholder in the bank,” Indiabulls Housing Finance said in aregulatory filing.
People Also Visited:
Free Online Mock Test for Upcoming Bank Exams- Click Here
/ 5. Reviews