Daily Current Affairs Updates– 14th December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). Conference of the Parties 21 (COP 21) under the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) was adopted the Paris Agreement on Climate Change:
· Aim: primary objective of the protocol is tolimit the global average temperature to wellbelow 2 °C above pre-industrial levels
· India was represented by Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate ChangePrakash Javadekar.
· The agreement facilitates enforcement ofglobal green house emission reduction measures in the post-2020 (post Kyoto Protocol) scenario.
· This work was initiated by the Vice President of IndiaHamid Ansarialong with Prime Minister of PakistanNawaz Sharif, President of AfghanistanAshraf Ghani and President of TurkmenistanGurbanguly Berdimohamedov.
· TheTAPI project is intended to deliverCaspian Sea natural from theenergy-richformer Soviet republic Turkmenistan to three South Asian countries.
· Turkmenistan willlead the consortium to build the project and the remaining members will invest for this project.
3). Typhoon Melor hits Philippines:
· This was ranked as aCategory 3 storm by the US military’s Joint Typhoon Warning Center
· As per an estimate of the University of Wisconsin-Madison the wind speeds have reached220 km/h speed when it hit the coast.
· The typhoon is known locally asTyphoon Nona. The Philippines experiences approximately20 typhoonsannually.
4). India moved up 5 places and got 130th rank in Human Development Index:
· India ranked130 among188 countries in 2014 inHuman Development Report 2015released today by theUnited Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
· The country’s rank was 135 according to the 2014 report.
· Norway, Australia and Switzerland placed in thefirst three positions.
· Background: The festival marks thebeginning of New Year for Buddhists.
· This is anannual festival is celebrated by the people with traditional and religion fervor.
· Place:ITA Cultural Center Machkhowa in Guwahati, Assam.
· Mascot–One horned Rhino. It is the brand ambassador of the games carries the message of peace, stability, amity and progress in the South Asian region.
· Logo–Eight petals representing the countries participating in the mega event.
· This event will be jointly held inGuwahati and Shillong from6 February to 16 February 2016.
7). Mumbai Police Commissioner Ahmad Javed was appointed as the India’s next Ambassador to Saudi Arabia:
· Appointed by: Ministry of External Affairs (MEA)
· PreviouslyHamid Ali Rao was retired from the poston April 2015, and now Ahmad Javed was appointment to the post to fill the vacancy.
· Javed became the20th Ambassador to Saudi Arabia. He is also thefourth IPS officer to be appointed as an Ambassador
8). The Union Government has signed MoU to establish three Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIITs) at Ranchi, Nagpur and Pune:
· All these IIITs will be operated on aPublic-Private-Partnership (PPP)mode with participation of State Government and Industry.
· The agreement was signed betweenVinay Sheel Oberoi, Secretary,Department of Higher Education from the Union Government side andTata Consultancy Services,Tata Motors.
9). Jamaludeen Mohamed Sali (Indian-origin Tamil writer) has won the prestigious South East Asian Write Award for Singapore:
· Saliwas born inMadras (1939) and worked as the assistant editor at theTamil Murasunewspaper in Singapore.
· He will receive the award for literary excellence on14 December 2015at a ceremony inBangkok.
· His famous short stories and novels areVellai Kodugal (White Lines) andAlaigal Pesuginrana (The Sound of the Waves)
10). Japanese shuttlers Kento Momota& Nozomi Okuhara has won the Men’s and Women’s singles title respectively at the BWF World Superseries finals held at Dubai.
· Kento Momota defeated Denmark’sViktor Axelsen in the finals to win the Men’s Single Title andNozomi Okuhara China’sWang Yihan in the finals to win the Women’s Single Title.
· Place: Dr Karni Singh Range in Tughlakabad,New Delhi
· Vijay Kumar had already won thesilver medal in the25m rapid fire pistol event in2012 Olympics held in London.
For More Important Daily Current Affairs Updates– Click Here