Daily Current Affairs Updates- 15th August 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1).India Celebrates its69thIndependence Day today, PM Narendra Modi has addressed the nation from the Red fort and made some important announcements during the function.
Important Announcement by PM during the Independence Day function:
· Pratyaksha hastaantarit Laabh(PAHAL) scheme which for the direct transfer of LPG Subsidy has produced savings of Rs. 15,000 crores.
· Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Scheme has been launched to increase the Financial Inclusion by opening 17 crore bank accounts
· More than 18,500 villages around the nation has still remained without power and steps will be taken to provided electricity in the next 1000 days.
· Every branch of the Banks should encourage at least one adivasi of dalit entrepreneur and at least on women entrepreneur.
· Necessary steps will be taken to provide toilets to all schools within a year.
2).Naveen Patnaik, the Chief Minister ofOdisha has approved a new policy, “Housing for all” in the urban areas of state.
3).Odisha cabinet has passed the most expectedIndustrial Policy Resolution(IPR) 2015 after consulting with different Industrial associations and administrative departments.
4).Akhilesh Yadav the Chief Minister of UP has launched the official account ofTaj Mahal in Twitter, and become the first historical monument to have an official account in Twitter.
5).PresidentPranab Mukherjee has sanctioned67 Gallantry Awards for Armed Forces Personnel and members of Paramilitary Forces, which includes 2 Kirti Chakras Awards, 10 Shaurya Chakras Awards and 49 Gallantry Medals.
List of Winners of Kirthi Charka Awards:
· Shri Rajesh Kumar (Posthumous)
· Shri Nectar Sanjenbam
List of Winners of Shaurya Chakra Awards:
· Shri Hira Kumar Jha (Posthumous)
· Shri Reyaz Ahmad (Posthumous)
· Shri Mohd Shafi Sheikh (Posthumous)
· Shri Sandeep Singh
· Shri Milind Mohan Mokashi
· Shri Man Bahadur Chhetri
· Shri Varun Kumar Singh
· Shri Maj Tanuj Grover
· Shri Munindra Nath Rai (Posthumous)
6).Indian Men’s Hockey Team has won theEuropean Series against Spain.
7).Sania Mirza has become thesecond Tennis player who has been nominated for the highest sports Award,Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award.
8).Indian government has announced thewinners of Arjuna Award 2015,
List of winner of Arjuna Award 2015:
· Rohit Sharma (Cricket)
· Jitu Rai (Shooting)
· P R Sreejesh (Hockey)
· Babita (Wrestling)
· Dipa Karmakar (Gymnastics)
· Sandeep Kumar (Archery)
· M R Poovamma (Athletics)
· Sharath Gaekwad (Para-Sailing)
· Yumnad Santhoi Devi (Wushu)
· Anup Kumar Yama (Rollerskating)
· Abhilasha Mhatre (Kabaddi)
· Manjeet Chhillar (Kabaddi)
· Sathish Sivalingam (Weightlifting)
· Swarn Singh Virk (Rowling)
· K Srikanth (Badminton)
· Bajrang (Wrestling)
· Mandeep Jangra (Boxing)
Daily Current Affairs Updates-Check Below:
Daily Current Affairs Quiz- Check Below:
/ 5. Reviews