Daily Current Affairs Updates– 15th December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
· Rajasthan state government has submitted the smart city Proposals ofUdaipur, Kota and Ajmer to Union Ministry of Urban Development.
· Under the proposal the investment outlays proposed by state government for developing these 3 cities as smart cities areKota 1,493 crore rupees,Ajmer 1,300 crore rupees andUdaipur 1,221 crore rupees respectively.
· Under the new visa system, the maximum period of stay will be extended to30 daysfrom the current 15, with visas valid forfive years, up from three years,
· Sri NModihad last week announced that India will extend ‘visa on arrival’ to allJapanese citizens from March 1, 2016.
· Oil and gas majorCairn India is to launch the world’s largest enhanced oil recovery programme in theRajasthan desert usingpolymer injection technology for recovering more oil at its processing terminal near here.
· China, thetop emitter ofgreenhouse gases in the world, accounting for about25 per cent of emissions, welcomed theParis Agreement.
· US Secretary of State,John Kerry said the Agreement provided a critical message for the marketplace. He called the Agreement a tremendous victory for all of our citizens, not one country, not one bloc but for everybody — all of the planet and future generations.
5). For strengthening bilateral ties India is going to work with Nepal:
· The Indian delegation was led byGorakh Thakur, Member-Ganga Flood Control Commission (GFCC),Government of India and the Nepalese delegation was led byNiranjan Dev Pandey, Director-General of the Department of Water Induced Disaster Prevention (DWIDP),Government of Nepal will work closely for further strengthening cooperation in all the areas of mutual interest, including in water resources.
· Indian software giantWipro has bagged 2015Aegis Graham Bell Award for developing a solution for theInternet of Things (IoT).The award has been conferred upon Wipro’sIoT solution ‘Universal Data Parser’ (UDP).
7). Veteran music composer Bappi Lahiri and Kumar Sanu was honored with Lifetime Achievement Award by the West Bengal Government:
· Genesis Prize is also known as Jewish Nobel prize.
· Prime Minister of IsraelBenjamin Netanyahu will present the award toMr. Perlman at the June 23, 2016 award ceremony to be held inJerusalem.
9). Artist K.S.Kamesh’s painting ‘Amalgamation’ that has been selected for the International Artist Grand Prize Competition-2016:
· This competition was organized byTaiwan International Contemporary Artists Association.
· This is the second time theVizag-based artist has been selected for the international contest.
· More than4,000 artists from73 countries registered for the contest and only 110 have been shortlisted for the event.
· Base rate (or the minimum lending rate) to10.70 per cent from10.85 per cent.
· The private sector bank also said it has pared its erstwhile benchmark lending rate or the benchmark prime lending rate by 15 basis points to 17.95 per cent from 18.10 per cent.Both rate cuts are effective from December 14.
· Tech Mahindra and Mahindra and Mahindra have formed60:40 joint venturefor the acquisition of Milan-listedPininfarinawhich designs cars for Ferrari, Maserati, Cadillac and Rolls-Royce.
· Former Chief Justice of Patna High CourtL.Narasimha Reddy(Retd) took charge as thehead of judicial committee that looks into theOne Rank One Pension (OROP) scheme for the ex-serviceman.
· The committee has been given asix-month deadline for submission of its recommendations.
· The committee will have itsheadquarters in Delhi and all administrative support to the committee will be provided byDepartment of Ex-Servicemen Welfare, Ministry of Defence.
13). Indian-origin politician Pravin Gordhan has been appointed South Africa’s new Finance Minister
· Appointed bythe PresidentJacob Zuma
· He will be thethird finance chief of the country in a week amid a raging economic turmoil.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
14). ISRO to launch six Singapore satellites on 16th of December:
· Indian Space Research Organisation’s Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle will launchsix Singapore satellites fromSriharikota
· Thesix satellites riding piggy back onPSLV-C29, to be launched from the first launch pad, fromSatish Dhawan Space Centre in the spaceport ofSriharikota is scheduled for lift off at 6.00 pm on16thDec.
15). Anirban Lahiri wins Order of Merit crown of Asian Tour:
· India’s stargolfer Anirban Lahiri (28) has won the coveted Order ofMerit crown of Asian Tour for year 2015.
· With this he became only thefourth Indian golferto win thiscoveted award afterJeev Milkha Singh (2006, 2008),Arjun Atwal (2003) andJyoti Randhawa (2002).
16). Serena Williams is SI’s Sportsperson of the Year:
· The 34-year-old American went 53-3 during 2015 withfive titles, including at the Australian Open, French Open and Wimbledon. Williams was No. 1 in the WTA rankings all season.
· CarlsenbeatRussian Alexander Grischuk in the final round with a little luck by his side and then won the tie-breaker 1.5-0.5 against Maxime Vachier-Lagrave of France to ensure his top spot.
· Carlsen also won theGrand Chess Tour after winning the Classic on the final day for him.
· Viswanathan Anand played out a draw withAnish Giri of the Netherlands to finish ninth in the London Classic.
18). Indian Wrestler Ritu Phogat shocked World championship bronze medallist Alyssa Lampe:
· Twenty-one-year-oldRitu Phogat shocked World championship bronze medallistAlyssa Lampe 9-6 asMumbai Garuda won five out of seven bouts to convincingly beat BengaluruYodhas in thePro Wrestling League at the Guru Nanak Indoor Stadium.
19). IPL 2016: Dhoni, Ashwin to play for Pune; Raina, Jadeja for Rajkot:
· After the suspension ofChennai Super KingsandRajasthan Royals fromIPL 2016 edition the players were distributed to new teams ofPune and Rajkot.
· Mahendra Singh Dhoni and off-spinnerRavichandranAshwin are all set to play for thePune franchise in the coming edition of theIndian Premier League.
· BatsmanSuresh Raina and all-rounderRavindraJadeja will play for theRajkot team.
· Among foreign players, Brendon McCullumgoes toRajkot and Pune picksSteven Smith.
For More Important Daily Current Affairs Updates– Click Here