Daily Current Affairs Updates– 15thJanuary 2016:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
· Madhya Pradesh government signed four MoUs with Singapore to collaborate in urban planning, Skill development, clean energy and Food Processing.
· The MoUs were signed in Singapore in the presence ofMadhya Pradesh Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chauhan, who was on 4 day visit to Singapore.
2). Union Government sanctioned 791 crore rupees under NDRF for drought affected Telengana:
· The High Level Committee (HLC) of the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) sanctioned 791 crore rupees to the drought affected Telengana.
· Earlier the government of Telengana declared231 mandals as drought hit.
3). Army Day 2016 celebrated in India in remembrance of first Army Chief Kodandera Madappa Cariappa:
· India celebrated its68th Army Day.
· On this occasion,Prime Minister of India Narendra Modi, Army Chief General Dalbir Singh, Navy Chief Admiral Robin Dhowan and Air Force Chief Arup Raha paid homage to the martyrs at Amar Jawan Jyoti, India Gate, New Delhi.
· The world’s largest tricolor is set to be inaugurated at the Pahari temple inRanchi, Jharkhand.
· The99*66 feet flag will stand 293 feet tall on the tallest flagpole in the country
· Earlier the tallest flagpole was located atFaridabad
5). Government of India signed a loan agreement with World Bank for Neeranchal National Watershed Project:
· Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India signed a loan agreement with World Bank forNeeranchal National Watershed Project.
· Neeranchal National Watershed Project will be completed in a time period of six years (2016 – 2021). It will supportPradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayi Yojana which will further help in hydrology, water management and agricultural production systems in India.
· The estimated cost of the Neeranchal National Watershed Project was Rs.2142 crore with the Government share of Rs.1071 crore and the rest 50% by the World Bank.
· According to a statement by the Union Ministry of New and Renewable Energy,Rajasthan has the maximum grid-connected capacity with over 1,200 MW (Mega watt), followed by Gujarat and Madhya Pradesh. The other leading states are Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Telengana, Punjab and Uttar Pradesh.
· The Union Government has an ambitious plan to have 175 Giga Watt of power generation capacity from renewable sources, including 100 GW from solar and 60 GW from wind, by 2022.
7) .Defense Panel Submits report to Parrikar:
· A Ministry of Defense (MoD) panel on reforms in a report todefense minister Manohar Parrikarrecommended that officers from the accounts department to be sent to tough forward areas to make them experience hardships faced by soldiers
· Frowning on rejected compensation claims, the panel also recommended urgent reforms and that Parrikar immediately grant benefits for deceased and disabled soldiers
8). Juvenile Justice Act comes into effect in India:
· The Juvenile Justice Act, Which permits juveniles aged 16 years or above to be tried as adults for heinous crimes like rape and murder, was enforced on Friday
· Passed by the Rajya sabha during the parliaments winter session, the act received the Presidents assent on December 31
· The earlier act allowed anyone under 18 years to be tried as juveniles
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY:
· A joint Study by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and the Boston Consulting Group(BCG) estimates that India’s retail sector will double by 2020
· Rapid urbanization, higher per capita consumption b nuclear families will drive the growth
10). India top sender of engineers, scientists to US:
· According to the National Center for Science and Engineering Statistics, India is the largest sender of scientists and Engineers to the Us with around 9, 50,000 moving from India.
11). UN downgrades India growth forecast to 7.5%:
· The United Nations Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific (ESCAP) have downgraded its 2016 GDP growth forecast for Indiato 7.5 % from 8.25%estimated earlier.
· Telecom majorBharti Airtel announced selling of its operations in the African countries ofSierra Leone andBurkina Faso to ORANGE, a France based telecom Company
13). Snapdeal launches Real-Estate Shopping Festival:
· Snapdeal launched a week long real-estate shopping festival called ‘Freedom from Rent’ that offers customers properties between 20 lakh and 5 crore.
14). Oxigen wallet launches virtual visa debit cards:
· Payment solutions provideroxigenhas launchedvirtual debit cards powered byVisa
· To avail the service, users would be required to register with visa form the Oxigen mobile application
· RBI revised its operational guidelines for the camps conducted by Financial Literacy Centres (FLCs) and rural branches of the banks.
· The revision require FLCs to have a minimum seating capacity of 10 for walk in customers, ensure that financial counselors are adequately qualified and conduct at least one financial literacy camp every month
· The Reserve bank of India has announced that the use of Aadhaar cards or linking them with bank accounts is not mandatory for the Direct Benefit Transfer scheme
· Under the DBT,benefits including subsidies and scholarships are transferred directly to the beneficiaries bank account
17). Banks to issue 2nd tranche of gold bond scheme:
· The finance Ministry said the banks will soon issue the second tranche of Sovereign gold bonds.
· The gold bond scheme which was launched by PM Narendra Modi is aimed at reducing the demand for physical gold by encourage people to buy the commodity in demat or paper form
18). India may soon have a Bad Bank:
· The finance ministry is considering setting up of a “Bad Bank”, which would absorb non-performing assets (NPAs)of state run lenders.
· A bad bank holds bad or stressed assets until repayment is done by the borrowers or till those assets are sold to other investors. By transferring these assets banks clear their balance sheets.
19). Bank of England Keeps interest Rate unchanged:
· Bank of England maintained its benchmark interest rate at a record low level of0.5%
· Governor of Bank of England: Mark Carney
· Online survey company SurveyMonkey named its chairman and former GoPro executiveZander Lurie as the new Chief Executive Officer
· He will Follow Bill Veghte,who is leaving the company due to difference of Opinions
21). PM Modi conferred the Times Now Amazing Indians Awards 2016:
· Prime MinisterNarendra Modi conferred theTimes Now Amazing IndiansAwards 2016 to all the awardees.
· The awards were given by Times Now in recognition of extraordinary achievers, ordinary people whose work shaped many lives
· Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chauhan was awarded withLee KuanYew Exchange Fellowship for his contribution in development and international harmony. It was awarded by Fellowship chairmanMr.Eddie Teoin Singapore.
· He is the Fourth Indian to receive the fellowship award. Previously, former vice chairman of planning commission Montek Singh Ahluwalia,former union minister for investments Arun shourie and Andhra cm Chandrababu Naidu
23). Nepal formed 4 members EPG to review agreements with India:
· Government of Nepal formed a 4 members eminent persons group(EPG) to look into India Nepal ties in totality and review all bilateral treaties with India.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
24). DRDO successfully test-fired anti-tank missile Nag in Rajasthan:
· The Defense Research and DevelopmentOrganisation (DRDO) successfully test-fired Nag anti-tank missile at theMahajan Field Firing Range inRajasthan.
· The test was conducted during a night trial to validate the enhanced 4-km range capability of Imaging-Infrared seeker, which guides the missile to the target after its launch.
· During the test, the Thermal Target System (TTS) was used as target for the missile. The TTS simulated a target similar to an operational tank as thermal mapping from tank to TTS was carried out for generating thermal signature.
BOOKS AND AUTHORS:
· The Minister of State(MoS) for railwaysManoj Sinha released a bookTITLED OBJECTIVE RAILWAY ENGINEERING-TRACK, WORKS& OTHERS
· It was authored by a well known Civil EngineerMM Agarwal
26). Marat Safin inducted into International Tennis Hall of Fame:
· The Russian Tennis Federation announced that former world no.1 tennis playerMarat Safin joined the International Tennis Hall of Fame
· The Official Ceremony to induct safin has been scheduled for16 July 2016
· Global Ambassador For the International Tennis Hall of Fame:Marina Hingis
27). Mesut Ozil named 2015 German Player of the Year:
· Arsenal Midfielder Mesut Ozil has been named German Player of the year 2015.
· The Playmaker won the honour by a landslide margin, getting 45.9% of the votes while 2nd placed Thomas Muller got 15.9% of the votes
· This is the 4th time Ozil has won the award, having previously won it consecutively from 2011 to 2013.
28). Harry Potter Actor Alan Rickman Passed away:
· Actor Alan Rickman, known for films includingHarry Potter, Die hardandRobin Hood: Prince of Thievesdied of cancer in London. He was 69
29). Lagaan actor Rajesh Vivek Upadhyay died:
· Bollywood actor Rajesh vivek died due to heart attack in Hyderabad. He was 66
· Rajesh was mainly known for his roles in films likeLagaan and Swades
· Mohammed Abdul Rahim Qureshi, Assistant General Secretary and Spokesman of All India Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB), died of a cardiac arrest on 15 January 2016 in Hyderabad, Telengana. He was 81.
· Qureshi was also the president of progressive cultural organization,Tameer-e-Millat, which was founded in 1980.
· Tameer-e-Millat works in the field of educational and professional empowerment among Muslims. He had headed the group for over two decades.
· The Islamic scholar held a B.Sc. degree in Mathematics. He was also a law graduate from Osmania University.
· Qureshi had been a member of AIMPLB since 1971.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here
/ 5. Reviews