Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). Indian Government has launchedAnti- dumping duty on the import ofPotassium Carbonate fromTaiwan and South Korea. By the recommendation of Directorate General of Anti-Dumping Duty (DGAD), Union Finance Ministry has imposed this duty.
·Current Import Duty for Potassium Carbonate:
·$153 per ton- from Taiwan
·$9.45 per ton- from UNID Co Ltd
·$123.86 per ton- from South Korea
2).Union Government has launchedIndradhanush Mission for Public Sector Banks (PSBs), which was launched by Union Finance Minister Arun Jaitley at New Delhi.
Indradhanush Mission is a Seven Plan project which helps the Public Sector Banks to achieve its economic growth and improving its credit, and also to reduce the political involvement in the operations of Public Sector Banks.
Indradhanush consist of the following seven plans:
– To select the non-executive chairman for the remaining 6 state owned PSBs with in November 2015.
– Take immediate action to appoint MD and CEO of two PSBs as soon as possible.
Bank Board Bureau (BBB):
– It was set up to monitor and regulate the key performance of the Public Sector Banks, which consist of “eminent” professionals which will be selected within 6 months (before Feb 2015). – It will start its operation from the next financial year i.e from 1st April 2016.
– To launch Rs. 25,000 crore of capital into debt-laden banks in this financial year, and out of that Rs. 20,000 crore will be produced with in August 2015. Remaining Rs. 5,000 crore will be allocated on the basis of the performance of the last quarter of 2016.
– In order to reduce the lending pressure of the Public sector Banks, vibrant debt market will be developed.
– To show more flexibility and involvement in hiring of manpower in PSBs.
Framework of Accountability:
– This will help to take quick action in case of major frauds and connivance of staff by streamlining the vigilance process.
Governance reforms in PSBs:
– Next Gyan Sangam (Banker’s Retreat) will be held from 14th to 16th January 2016, and Employee Stock Option Plan (ESOP) will be intimated for top management.
3).Prime MinisterNarendra Modi has went toUnited Arab Emirates (UAE)forTwo Day Visit. He is the second Indian Prime Minister of Visit UAE after 34 years (Indira Gandhi is the PM to Visited UAE in 1981).
4).Gujarat Government hasbanned the Usage of Plastics in the State for the first time. Gujarat Chief MinisterAnandiben Patel has announced this after hoisting the National Flag in the Independence Day ceremony which was held on Mahisagar district of Gujarat. During her speech she also announced that 159 towns and 8 cities in the state has 100% in house toilets and around 8 lakh toilets has been built in the rural areas of the state.
5).Kerala’s Chief Minister, Mr.Oommen Chandy has announced the state as“Digital State”during his Independence Day speech which was held at Thiruvananthapuram, and became the first state in the country to achieve it. This declaration was made due to the following achievements by the state,
·100% mobile connectivity
·Maximum Digital Banking
·Broadband connectivity up to panchayat level
·Linking bank accounts with Aadhar cards
·e-District plan in all districts
6).Union Government has decided to set up aBank Board Bureau (BBB) to monitor and regulate the key performance of the Public Sector Banks. This announced was made by our Union Finance Minister Arun Jailtley.
·It will start its operation from the next financial year i.e from1stApril 2016.
·This will comes under theReserve Bank of India and led by the Governor of RBI.
It will perform the functions like,
·Provide recommendation for theappointment of Directors and Non-executive Chairman of the Public Sector Banks.
·Give ideas to raise funds usinginnovative financial methods and instructions..
·Complete guidance for the banks regardingmergers and consolidations.
7).Five coaches from different sports has been recommended for the prestigiousDronacharya Award 2015.
·Naval Singh (Para- Athletics)
·Anoop singh Dahiya (Wrestling)
·Swatantra Raj Singh (Boxing)
·Nihar Ameen (Swimming)
·Harbans Singh (Athletics)
8).Abhishek Verma (Indian Archer) has wongold medal in Archery World Cupin the compound men’s individual section, for which the final was held atWroclaw, Poland and played againstEsmaeil Ebadi (Iran) in the finals. Abhishek Verma has already won his silver medal in the Asian Games and currentlyranked 18th in the World men’s individual archery.
9).Saina Nehwal haslosther finals match ofWorld Badminton Championships which was played against Carolina Marin (Spain) held at Jakarta and securedSilver Medal. Saina Nehwal became thefirst Indian Badminton Player to win Silver Medal in the World Badminton Championship.