Daily Current Affairs Updates– 17th December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
· The revised modelBilateral Investment Treaty will be used for re-negotiation of existing BITs and negotiation of future BITs and investment chapters inComprehensive Economic Cooperation Agreements (CECAs)/ Comprehensive Economic Partnership Agreements (CEPAs) / Free Trade Agreements (FTAs).
· To enable railway passengers to order food,IRCTC sends an email to passengers one day in advance about food order, which can also be placed during ticket reservations.
· The Union Cabinet chaired by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi has given its approval to a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) signed betweenIndia and BRICS (Brazil, Russia, China and South Africa) countries for energy conservation.
· As per the report,Delhi was listed as the most polluted city in the world, while 13 Indian cities were figured in the list of 20 most polluted cities on the planet.
· The report is in addition to a World Health Organisation (WHO) report that estimated that outdoorair pollution caused 3.7 million deaths worldwide in 2012.
· The Maharashtra Government announcedRs.10512 crore rupees relief package for more than 15000 drought-hit villages in 14 districts of the state’sMarathwada and Vidarbha regions.
· The package was announced by stateChief Minister Devendra Fadnavis in the assembly in Nagpur during a discussion on the drought situation.
· Airline’s whole-time directorGaurang Shetty will work as acting CEO in his place.
· Mr. Ball’s resignation will be effective from February 29 next year, it said.
· Jet Airways had appointed Mr. Ball as its CEO in May last year.
· This is a mega event in which the government expects participation of over a1,000 companies and delegates fromover 60 countries.
· To consolidate ongoing recovery process of the economy,The Federal Reserve System, the central banking system of the USA, increasedinterest rate by 0.25 percent.
· A decision in this regard was approved by the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System chaired byJanet L Yellen.
· With this, the interest rates in the US are now in the range of 0.25 – 0.50 percent as compared to zero to 0.25 percent rage earlier.
9). India ranks 97th on Forbes’ best countries for business list:
· Scoring poorly on metrics like trade and monetary freedom and tackling challenges like corruption and violence India ranked a low97th out of 144 Nations.
· Denmark topped the list andThe US has dropped four spots to number 22.
10). Union Cabinet has approved development of Underground Coal Gasification (UCG)
· Union Cabinet Committee meeting chaired bythe Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi gave approval for thepolicy framework for development ofUnderground Coal Gasification (UCG) in unexplored coal and lignite bearing areas in the country.
· SUICH, one of the leading mobile original equipment manufacturer (OEM) companies, has launched thefirst ‘Made in India’ low-price and stylish power banks.
· The stunningly colorful power banks are available in three variants — 5000mAh, 7500mAh and 10,000mAh capacity.
· The power banks will be available in the‘Re 1 Flash Sale’ with an exclusive tie-up with mobile payment platformPaytm that begins December 21.
· Anil Ambani-led Reliance Infrastructure (R-Infra) has acquired an additional17 per cent stake inPipavav Defence andOffshore Engineering Co Ltd (PDOC) for an estimatedRs 850 crore through an open offer, taking its total holding to nearly35 per cent and acquiring sole management control of the company.
· The post of the anti-corruption ombudsman was vacant since November 2013, when retiredJustice Manmohan Sarin renounced the office.
· A four-member panel comprising Lt Governor Najeeb Jung, Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal, Chief Justice of Delhi High Court G Rohini and Leader of Opposition leader in Delhi Assembly Vijender Gupta had unanimously chosen Justice Khetrapal.
AWARDS AND HONOURS:
· He was honored for his collection of short stories‘Mahisashura ra munha’. This was announced by theKendra Sahitya Academy.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
Six satellites were launched usingPolar Satellite Launch Vehicle (PSLV-C29) from the first launch pad of Satish Dhawan Space Centre in Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh.
· ThePSLV-C29 was launched in the core-alone version. The total lift-off mass was of227.6 tonne that included600 kg payloadweight.
· It was overall PSLV’s 32nd space flight and the 31st consecutively successful one.
· The major payload wasTeLEOS-One remote sensing satellite weighing 400 kg. It would be used for urban planning and disaster monitoring of Singapore.
· The other five satellites included two micro satellites and one nano satellite. These satellites are VELOX-CI (123 kg), VELOX-II (13 kg) 6U-Cubesat technology demonstrator, Athenoxat-1, Kent Ridge-1 (78 kg) and Galassia (3.4 kg) 2U-Cubesat.
· All of these satellites were successfully launched into a 550 km circular orbit inclined at 150 to the equator.
· The country’sfirst space telescope in search forsignals of dark matter, an invisible material that makes up most of the Universe’s Mass is launched by China.
· P.V. Sindhualso remained static in women’s singles, staying atNo. 12.
· Parupalli Kashyapalso slipped a spot to be at15th, whileH.S. Prannoy maintained his 20th spot.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here