Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). TheUnion Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Narendra Modi approved the creation of4 posts ofDirectors for4newNational Institutes of Design (NIDs)
· This decision was taken in line with the provision mentioned inNational Design Policy, 2007
· National Design Policy 2007 – Action Plan for implementation of the policy for setting up of 4 more NIDs on the same pattern ofNID, Ahmedabad
· The 4 posts of Directors will be for 4 new NIDs located in the following regions
a. Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh
b. Kurukshetra, Haryana
c. Jorhat, Assam
d. Vijayawada, Andhra Pradesh
2). TheUnion Government has banned the Naga rebel groupNational Socialist Council of Nagaland – Khaplang (NSCN-K) for5 years under theUnlawful Activities (Prevention) Act, 1967
· In June 2015, NSCN-K brutally killed 18 soldiers of6 Dogra Regimentin an ambush in Chandel district of Manipur
· It was banned due to legal process as it had unilaterallybreachedthe ceasefire agreement with the Union Government and involved in a string of terror attacks
3). Union Cabinet approvedShyama Prasad Mukherjee Rurban Mission(SPMRM) to develop social, economic and infrastructure development in rural areas
· SPMRM – aims at catalyzing overall regional growth through development of rurban areas
· The clusters will be geographically contagiousGram Panchayats with different population
· Objectives of SPMRM
a. To achieve strengthening rural areas and de burdening the urban areas
b. To balance regional development and growth of the country by benefitting the rural as well as urban areas
· The government would identify the clusters which have latent potential for growth in accordance with theFramework for Implementation
· The framework will be prepared by theUnion Ministry of Rural Development
· State Governments will prepare integratedCluster Action Planfor Rurban Clusters detailing out the strategy for the cluster development
· The Union Government has allottedRs. 5000 crore for the mission to develop300clusters over the next3years
4).India andCambodiasigned 2 MoUs to boost bilateral cooperation in the field ofTourism andumbrella projects under theMekong Ganga Cooperation initiative
· The 2nd MoU for umbrella projects under theMekong Ganga Cooperation (MGC) initiative covers the following5 Quick Impact Projects
a. 2 projects –health care
b. 1 project –agriculture
c. 1 project – Women Empowerment throughInformation and Communications Technology (ICT)
d. 50,000 US dollarsgrant for theCambodia-India Entrepreneurship Development Centre (CIEDC) launched in February 2006
· Mekong – Ganga Cooperation – established in 2000 at Vientiane comprising of 6 member countries namely
· The MoUs were signed in the presence of the following dignitaries inPhnom Penh
a. Indian Vice President –M. Hamid Hansari
b. Cambodian Prime Minister –Hun Sen
5). TheReserve Bank of India (RBI) grantedin-principle approval to 10 entities to set upSmall Finance Banks to provide basic banking services to small farmers and micro industries
· Features of Small Finance Banks as per RBI guidelines
a. They can provide basic banking services in order to promote financial inclusion
b. They can accept deposits and lend to the following unbanked sections
– Micro business enterprises
– Small farmers
– Micro and small industries
– Unorganized sector entities
· In-principle approval – enables the entities to comply with the guidelines on Small Finance Banks with a validity of18 months
· The following are the10 entities that were granted in-principle approval by RBI
a. Au Financiers Ltd.
b. Capital Local Area Bank
c. Disha Microfin Private Ltd.
d. Equitas Holdings Pvt. Limited
e. ESAF Microfinance and Investments Private Ltd.
f. Janalakshmi Financial Services Pvt. Ltd.
g. RGNV Microfinance Ltd.
h. Suryoday Micro Finance Pvt. Ltd.
i. Ujjivan Financial Services Pvt. Ltd.
j. Utkarsh Micro Finance Pvt. Ltd.
6).Nepal parliament approved aNew Constitution after7 years by a507-25 vote in the 601 seatConstituency Assembly (CA) effective from 20th September 2015
· This is the 5thConstitution enacted by Nepal. The previous 4 constitutions were enacted in the following years
· The drafting of the new constitution was supported by the following groups
a. CA fromNepal Congress
b. Communist Party of Nepal – Unified Marxist-Leninist
c. UCPN– Maoist
· Features of New Constitution
a. Establishes Nepal as secular and federal democratic republic and cease to exist as the present unitary structure
b. Establishes competitive multi-party democratic system with periodic elections
c. Establishes bi-cameral federal parliament and split the country into 7 seven federal provinces
d. Establishes independent, fair and competent judiciary to build the nation
e. The constitution provides executive rights of the country on theCouncil of Ministers headed by Prime Minister
f. The president would be ceremonialhead-of-the-state
7). CentralChilehit by8.3magnitude earthquake on 17th September 2015
· The earthquake hit off Chile’s coast inIllapel, capital of Choapa province
· Epicenter – at a depth of12.5 km off Chile’s coast in Illapel
· After the initial earthquake 2 aftershocks of magnitudes6.2and6.4 occurred in the west of Illapel
· ThePacific Tsunami Warning Center (PTWC) has issued tsunami warnings for Chile, Peru and Hawaii
8). Indian shot putterManpreet Kaur became the latest Indian athlete to qualify for theRio Olympics
· She broke the 18 year old national record to win a6thtitle at the55thNational Open Athletics Championship
· Manpreet threw17.96m in her 2nd attempt to win thegold medal
People Also Visited: