Daily Current Affairs Updates– 19th December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
RBI IN NEWS
· The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) announces thefinal guidelines on computinginterest rates on advancesbased on the Marginal Cost of Funds Methodology.
· The guidelines will come into effect from 1 April 2016.
2). West Bengal Government approves proposal for formation of 5 new districts:
Five new districts are
· Kalimpong district: It would be carved out by bifurcating Darjeeling district in north Bengal.
· Sundarbans district: Currently stretches across parts of the North and South 24 Parganas districts. It shall consist of part of world’s largest mangrove forest.
· Basirhat district: It would be formed out of North 24 Parganas district.
· Burdwan (Industrial) district: It would be established by bifurcating existing Burdwan district.
· Jhargram district: It will be carved out of West Midnapore district.
These new districts will take six months to one year’s time to come into existence after State administration gets formal permission from court and create the basic infrastructure.
· Decision in this regard was taken in a cabinet meeting chaired byChief Minister Akhilesh Yadav as per the directives of Allahabad High Court to prohibit its usage.
4). PM Narendra Modi inaugurates top Police Officers Conference in Gujarat:
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi has formally inauguratedthe All-India conference of Directors General of Police (AICDGPs) at Dhordo in white Rann of Kutch region near Bhuj, Gujarat.
· Three day conference was inaugurated in the presence of Union Minister for Home Rajnath Singh, Minister of State for Home Kiran Rijju and Haribhai Patel.
· The centre was inaugurated by Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis in presence of State Forest Minister Sudhir Mungantiwar.
· Gorewada Zoo and Wildlife Rescue Centre is managed by the Forest Development Corporation of Maharashtra (FDCM).
6).Afghanistan has become 164th member nation of the World Trade Organisation (WTO):
· WTO has formally approved Afghanistan’s membership proposal at its ongoing 10th ministerial conference in theNairobi, Kenya.
· In this regard,Protocol of Accession (PoA) was signed by WTO Director General Roberto Azevedo and Afghanistan’s First Deputy Chief Executive Mohammad Khan Rahmani.
7).2nd World Internet Conference concludes in Wuzen, China:
· The conference was held with themeAn Interconnected World Shared and Governed by All—Building a Cyberspace Community of Shared Destiny.
· It was jointly organized by the Cyberspace Administration of China and the People’s Government of Zhejiang Province.
· The conference focused on facilitating strategic-level discussions on global Internet governance, cyber security, the Internet industry as the engine of economic growth and social development, technological innovation and philosophy of the Internet.
MOU’S AND AGREEMENTS:
· The agreement was signed by the participants ofUN-Facilitated Libyan Political Dialogue.
· They were mainly representatives of two rival parliaments and governments – the Tripoli-based General National Congress and the UN-recognised House of Representatives in Tobruk.
BILLS AND AMMENDMENTS:
9).The Lok Sabha passed the Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Bill:
· The bill seeks toamend Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996 to make of commercial disputes more user-friendly and cost effective which in turn will lead to expeditious disposal of cases.
· He was aprolific novelist for adults and children.
· He had the distinction of being the first author to receive twice the prestigious Carnegie medal awarded annually in Britain by librarians for the outstanding new children’s book.
· He wrote almost60 books which have been translated into53 different languages.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here