Daily Current Affairs Updates– 1st December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
· Theme 2015:Getting to zero, End AIDS by 2030
· Federal theme for the World AIDS Day 2015:The time to act is now
· The strategy is aimed at averting 21 million Aids-related deaths, 28 million new HIV infections and 5.9 million new infections among children by 2030.
· First World AIDS Day was held in1988 and is the first ever global health day.
· The Reserve Bank of India (RBI)proposed relaxing some of therules for domestic companieslooking to raise funds overseas through external commercial borrowing, a long-anticipated move.
· Now the companies can able to borrow up to$50 million in ECBs with3-year maturities and more than$50 million for 5-year maturities. The previous limits had been around$20 million, an investment banker said.
· And also it allowreal estate investment trusts andinfrastructure investment trusts to raise rupee-denominated funds offshore, a step likely to provide some relief to the cash-strapped real estate sector in India.
3). India and France has launched International Solar Alliance (ISA) at the Conference of Parties (CoP21) Climate Conference in Paris, France:
o PMNarendra Modi
o French PresidentFrancois Hollande
o UN General SecretaryBan Ki-moon
· This Idea wasproposed by Indian PM Narendra Modi to harness solar power as a major step to mitigate carbon gas emissions.
· Main aim of this alliance is to bring solar rich121 tropical countrieslocated between the Tropic of Cancer and Capricorn together to tap solar energy.
4). India was Re-elected as the member of International Maritime Body Council
· India has beenre-elected for two years to the council of the International Maritime Organization (IMO) at its29th session of the IMO Assemblyheld in London.
· By this India will continue to engage with the international maritime community to further its maritime interests and promote the welfare of its citizens.
· IMO has171 member states and 3 associate members. India was one of the earliest members of the IMO and had joined it as a member-state in 1959.
5). Indian Railways has signed a contract worth of 40,000 crore rupees with General Electrics (GE) and Alstom to set up two locomotive plants in Bihar.
· This is thefirst major manufacturing investment in Bihar, which will increase the economic growth of state and also will creation of new employment opportunities in the state under flagship “Make In India” initiative.
· Under this contract, first electric locomotive factory would be set up atMadhepura cityand diesel locomotive would be set up atMarhowrah district of the state.
· And also this will be thefirst big Foreign Direct Investment (FDI)in the Indian railway sector after government had relaxedFDI norms to 100% in the railway sector in 2014.
6). Union Government has launched India’s first injectible inactivated polio vaccine (IPV) in the country as a part of the global polio endgame strategy in New Delhi:
· The Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare,J P Nadda has launched the vaccineat New Delhi as part of India’s next step in Universal Immunization Programme (UIP) to fight against polio virus in the country.
· UIP initially will coversix states includingUttar Pardesh , Madhya Pardesh , Bihar, Assam, Punjab and Gujarat in the first phase.
· As per the reports, the Union Government wouldswitch to IPV alongsidethe oral polio vaccine (OPV) byApril 2016 with an aim to eradicate polio virus in the country.
· India was certified aspolio-free country on March 27, 2014.
7). Robert Lewandowski (Poland) was awarded with four Guinness World Record certificates for scoring five-goal against Wolfsburg:
· Robert Lewandowski has been awarded an incrediblefour Guinness World Records after scoringfive-goal haul in justnine minutes againstWolfsburg.
· And now he hasreceived the official record certificatesof his achievements for the quickest hat-trick, four-goal haul, five-goal haul and most by goals by a substitute, all in the Bundesliga.
8). Anil Kumble steps down as chief mentor of Mumbai Indianswith immediate effect:
· He was associated with Mumbai Indianssince 2013 and in his first year as the mentor of Mumbai Indians team had won the IPL and the Champions League and once again theIPL cup in 2015.
· His decision follows a BCCI crackdown on conflict of interest in the board. Earlier in the month, India team director Ravi Shastri was removed from the IPL Governing Council while selector Roger Binny, whose son Stuart is a member of the national team, was asked to leave. Around the same time, Sourav Ganguly replaced Kumble as the BCCI Technical Committee chief.
· He was one of Russia’s best-lovedSoviet-era film directors and an icon of popularUSSR culture of tragi-comedies.
· “The Irony of Fate” is the most famous comedy film directed by Eldar Ryazanov.
Awards and Honors:
· Named as People’s Artist, a top USSR artistry tittle(1984)
· The USSR State Prize (1977)
· The Nika Award for Best Director (1991) for the film Promised Heaven
For More Important Daily Current Affairs Updates- Click Here
For More Important Daily Current Affairs Quiz- Click Here