Daily Current Affairs Updates– 1st January 2016:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). Harsh Vardhan has launched National Biotechnology Programme:
· Dr. Harsh Vardhan S&T Minister has launched a national program aiming to turn India intoBio-Technology Hub and the sector into aUS$100bill industry with focus in areas of healthcare, food and nutrition, clean energy and education.
2). Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) has approved introduction of Amended Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (ATUFS) for textile sector:
· TheATUFSreplaces existingRevised Restructured Technology Upgradation Fund Scheme (RR-TUFS) to give a boost to textile sector under Make in India campaign.
3). Union Cabinet approves Raptor MoU for conservation of migratory birds of prey:
· The Union Cabinet has given its approval to sign Memoranda of Understanding (MOU) on theConservation of Migratory Birds of Prey in Africa and Eurasia.
· This MoU is also called as the‘Raptor MoU’ under the Convention on Conservation of Migratory Species (CMS). With signing it, India will become the54th signatory to the MoU.
4). The Union Cabinet approved the India-Australia Civil Nuclear Cooperation deal:
· The deal along with the administrative arrangement for implementing the accord willbolster India’s energy security by supporting theexpansion of nuclear power in the country.
AWARDS AND HONOURS:
5). Indian-origin cancer expert Harpal Singh Kumar was honoured with a Knighthood:
· An Indian-origin cancer research expertHarpal Singh Kumar was honoured with aKnighthood from Queen Elizabeth II for his influentialwork on prevention and treatment of cancer.
· Mr. Singh’s name has appeared in the2015 New Year’s Honours list that includes several other Indian-origin individuals.
6). DAVA project bags 2015 eASIA award for trade facilitation:
· TheDrug Authentication and Verification Application (DAVA) project of The Department of Commerce has won the 2015 eASIA Award under Trade Facilitation category.
· The award was announced byAsia Pacific Council for Trade Facilitation (APCTF) and Tehran based (Iran) Electronic Business.
7). Madhu S. Nair assumed charge as Chairman and Managing Director of Cochin Shipyard:
· Madhu S. Nair took over the charge fromCommodore K Subramaniam who had been with CSL the last eight years (5 years as Director (operations) and 3 years as CMD).
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
8). LRSAM successfully test-fired from INS Kolkata:
· The missile was fired fromINS Kolkata and it successfully intercepted an aerial target at extended ranges.
· The test-fire was jointly carried out by theIndian Navy, Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Israel Aerospace Industries.
9). Ian Murdock, founder of Debian Linux, passed away:
· Ian Murdock, best known for founding one of the world’s best knownLinux distributions, passed away inSan Francisco. He was 42.
· The reason behind his death is unknown; however, his last tweets declared anintention to commit suicide.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here
/ 5. Reviews