Daily Current Affairs Updates– 1st November 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). Government sets up 5-MEMBER PANEL to frame new education policy.
· The Ministry ofHuman Resource Development has decided to constitute a drafting committee for framing the new education policy.
· The panel is expected to submit the draft policy as soon as possible but not later than31st December.
· Former Cabinet SecretaryT.S.R. SUBRAMANIAN will act as the Chairman of the committee andSHAILAJA CHANDRA, former Chief Secretary, NCT of Delhi;SEWARAM SHARMA, former Home Secretary, NCT of Delhi;SUDHIR MANKAD, former Chief Secretary, Gujarat andJ S RAJPUT, former Director, NCERT, will be the four members.
· Along with the draft education policy, the Committee will also submit a Framework for Action.
· TheNational University of Educational Planning and Administration (NUEPA), New Delhi will act as its Secretariat.
2). Sania, Martina Clinch WTA Finals doubles title.
· Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis came up with another stupendous performance on Sunday to win the women’s doubles title of the prestigious $7 millionWTA Finals at the Singapore Indoor Stadium.
· Sania and Martina, individually ranked the world’s two highest doubles players, the top seeds, prevailed 6-0 6-3 over their eight-seeded rivals in a lopsided summit clash which lasted little over an hour.
· TheIndo-Swiss pairing dropped serve only once through the match and broke their opponents five times to wrap up a comprehensive victory.
· The pair has been in such sublime form that they have now won 22 matches in a row, having last lost in August toHao-Ching Chan andYung-Jan Chan inCincinnati.
· MuguruzaandSuarez Navarro — late replacements in the draw afterCasey DellacquaandYaroslavaShvedova’swithdrawal — were completely outplayed in the match.
· TheWTA Finals is an annual event played by the top-8 players/pairs of the year who are divided into two round robin groups —red and white. The top-2 of each group progresses to the semi-finals and the winners to the finals.
· The championship is generally considered thefifth most prestigious event on the women’s tour after the four Grand Slam tournaments. It also has the largest prize money and ranking points after the Grand Slams.
3). Facebook to help BSNL set up 100 WiFi hotspots in rural India.
· Boosting the government’s ambitious‘Digital India’ drive, social media giant Facebook has come forward to facilitate state-run BSNL in setting up 100 WiFi sites in rural areas of western and southern India.
· Facebook will spendRs.5 crore per annum for sponsoring these100 WiFi hotspots in the country.
· Facebook has partnered with us to sponsor 100 WiFi hotspots in villages across west and southern India. They will payRs. 5 lakh for BSNL bandwidth for each hotspot per annum.BSNL Chairman& MD AnupamShrivastavatold PTI.
· The hotspots are being set up byBSNL selected vendor Quad Zen.
· We have already set up25 hotspotsunder the agreement. Facebook is only sponsoring them and not taking any revenue share. Quad Zen will set up these hotspots and handle sales.
· The agreement betweenFacebook andBSNL is for three years and it can be further extended for two more years.
· BSNL has also received interest from Member of Parliaments for setting up WiFi hotspots in villages which they have adopted underSaansadAdarshGramYojana (SAGY) to make it a model village by 2016.
· Union ministersNitinGadkari,RaviShankar Prasad,Najma Heptulla andLok Sabha speaker Sumitra Mahajan are sponsoring BSNL bandwidth for WiFi hotspots in the villages that they have adopted under SAGY.
4). New Zealand wins 2015 Rugby World Cup.
· New Zealand has won the2015 Rugby World Cupfor record third time by defeating Australia.
· In the final match played atTwickenham, England the winning team defeatedAustralian team by34-17 score.
· Man of the matchCarter kicked 19 pointsin a fitting finale to his international career after missing the 2011 final through injury.
· With this victory, it also became the first nation to retain theWebb Ellis Cup and it was their first victory on the foreign soil.
5). Eminent Archaeologist Virendra Nath Misra passes away.
· One of the eminent archaeologists of post-Independent India and known as the‘doyen of Indian prehistoric archaeology’, passed away in Pune on Saturday. He was 81.
· According to medical sources, Dr. Misra succumbed to complications that arose from an open-heart surgery he underwent six weeks ago.
· Prof. Misra was former director ofPune’s Deccan College. He retired as Professor of Prehistoric Archaeology in 1995 and as the Director of Deccan College in 2000.
· He arrived in Pune in 1958 armed with aP.G. degree in Anthropology from Lucknow University and completed hisPh.D. degree in prehistoric archaeologyin 1961 under the supervision of legendary archaeologist and founder-head of Archaeology Department, ProfessorH.D. Sankalia.
· Prof. Misra is best known for his extensive field studies and excavations inCentral India andRajasthan, where he made several significant contributions to the reconstruction of India’s prehistoric past.
· Awards— Madhya Pradesh government had awarded him prestigious VSWakankarAward for his contribution to pre-history of India.
6). Punjab to set up bio-ethanol refinery to stop menace of straw burning.
· Punjab Government has announced to set upbio-ethanol refinery in the state to tackle the menace ofwheat andpaddystraw burning.
· TheMemorandumofUnderstanding(MoU) was inked with aconsortium of BetaRenewables,NovozymesandCVC India Infrastructure Pvt. Ltd. for an estimated project worthRs. 950 crore, during the Progressive Punjab Investor Summit, 2015.
· Straw burning a menace —Punjab’s Renewable Energy MinisterBikramSinghMajithia said the bio-refinery could solve the chronic problem of straw burning, besides helping the farmers who would be paid for the agro-based produce.
· It would also help in containing theloss of fertility anddamageto environment, the Minister and industry players at the summit said.
· Bio-Ethanol Uses: As aquasi-renewable energy it can be blended with petrol or diesel making it a sustainable transport fuel. It can also be used an alternative fuel inmanufacturing processes and cosmetic products etc.
People Also Visited:
Free Online Mock Test for IBPS PO-V 2015- Click Here
/ 5. Reviews