Daily Current Affairs Updates– 20th December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
· ThePension fund regulatory body PFRDA has started using PAN instead ofAadhaar for validation of new customers and this was account facility was started on a pilot basis, but following a Supreme Court judgment on usage of Aadhaar, it had to be discontinued.
2). Meghalaya Govt. signs peace pact with UALA:
· UALA ChairmanNovembirth Marak alias Chiindik and General Secretary Nagra D Shirasigned the deal with the State government representatives – Commissioner and SecretaryGaro Hills Division, Peter W Ingty and Commissioner and Secretary, Political Department, Jopthiaw Lyngdoh.
· The15-member council reached the rare agreement on the issue in a session in New York.
· Resolution endorses formal talks on a political transition betweenthe President Bashar al-Assad led Syrian government and opposition in early January 2016.
· As per the World Bank, India has become thelargest remittances receiving country at72 billion US dollars this year followed byChina at 64 billion US dollars.
· TheUS emerged as the largest remittance source country with an estimated 56 billion US dollars in outward flows in 2014.
· Hangloo, who is aprofessor in the Department of History, University of Hyderabad. He has been serving asVice-Chancellor of Kalyani Universitysince 2013.
· He is a specialist in Indian and Central Asian history, politics, international affairs and culture.
· Hangloo has authored 10 books and published over 100 research papers on various aspects in national and international journals.
· He was recently awarded theDewang Mehta Business School Award in recognition of his leadership, innovation and industry interface, among others. He is also a member of the election analysis team of Harvard University.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
· The discovery took place along thecoast of Digha in Purba Medinipur district of West Bengal.
· TheEels are mainly snake-like fishes with fins and gills and are mostly found at bottom of rivers and seas.
7). Kerala to set up petcoke-based power plant:
· The Kerala government will set up the state’s firstPetcoke (petroleum coke)-based power plant using the fuel produced fromBPCL-Kochi Refinery’s Integrated Refinery Expansion Project (IREP).
· The IREP is expected to be completed by May 2016, will yield approximately 1.4 million tonnes per annum (MMTPA) of petcoke. This can be used to produce around500-600 MW of power.
· Axis Bank has partnered withdigital security company eMudhra for the eSign service through which individuals having Aadhaar numbers will be able to digitally sign documents to submit to the bank online.
· Rugby World Cup-winning fly-half Dan Carterbeat Novak Djokovic, Katie Ledecky, Usain Bolt, Jordan Spieth and Serena Williams after the award was decided by a public vote for the first time.
· Carter, 33, was an integral part of theNew Zealand team that beat Australia34-17 to win the World Cup in October.
· Playing for Melbourne Renegades, Gayle hit two humongous in a Big Bash League Twenty20 match against Brisbane Heat to achieve the landmark.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here
/ 5. Reviews