Daily Current Affairs Updates– 21st December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). Multi-purpose Capacity Building Institute in Sikkim:
· The Central Government has proposed to set up aMulti-purpose Capacity Building Institute in Sikkim.
· TheMinistry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship has already agreed to set up a driving school and impart training to tourist guides and taxi drivers.
· It has also agreed to set up Industrial Training Institutes in those blocks in Sikkim, where ITIs do not exist at present.
2). Assam set to implement the Food Security Act from Dec 24:
· Thesubsidised rice will be provided to 2 crores forty lakh people, under the Food Security Act. 60 per cent population from the towns and 84 percent of the people living in villages will be benefited.
· According to the Act, every eligible person will get 5 kilograms of rice every month at the cost of 3 rupees per kilogram.
3). Union Minister lays foundation stone for AIIMS in AP:
· JP Nadda, Union Minister for Health has laid the foundation stone for the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, AIIMS, at Mangalagir in Andhra Pradesh.
· The estimated cost for the project for the 960-bed institute is 1,618 crore rupees.
4). Rajya Sabha passed The SC and ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Bill, 2015.
· It aims to prohibit the commission of offences against members of theSCs and STsand adds provisions for establishing special courts for the trial cases of such offences and the rehabilitation of victims.
5)The United States lifts ban on oil exports after 40 years:
· Marking a historic shift for thebooming US oil industry United States has lifted a 40-year ban on oil exports.
· With the end of the ban,all 9.2 million barrels produced in the United States a day and the 490.7 million barrels stockpiled commercially are available for export.
6). UN launched 2016 International Year of Pulses:
· Union Minister of Agriculture Radha Mohan Singhannounced that Union Government had been taking considerable steps to improve production of pulses in order to reduce country’s dependence on imports.
· These steps are in tune with the2016 International Year of Pulses launched by the United Nations.
7) IMF has been appointed the US Senate:
· US Senate has adoptedlong awaited reforms to give emerging economics a greater say in how the International Monetary Fund is managed.
· China’s voting rights will rise to6 per cent from 3.8 per cent and IMF resources will double up-to 600 billion dollars.
· This is the biggest shake-up since the IMF and the World Bank were setup to manage the post-World War Two economy.
8). Pia Alonzo Wurtzbachcrowned Miss Universe and Mireia Lalaguna Royo crowned Miss World:
Miss Philippines Pia Alonzo Wurtzbach was crowned Miss Universe 2015 at the final of 64th edition of Miss Universe held in Las Vegas, the USA.
· She was crowned by Miss Universe 2014 winner Paulina Vega of Columbia.
· Urvashi Rautela who represented India in the contest couldn’t make it to top 15 semi-finals round.
Miss Spain Mireia Lalaguna Royo was crowned Miss World 2015 at the Beauty of Crown Theater in Sanya, China.
· Rolene Strauss of South Africa crowned Mireia Lalaguna as her successor at the end of the event.
· It is the first time Spain has won the title of Miss World.
9).Famous German conductor Kurt Masur passed away:
· Known as one of the last old-style maestros, Masur was best known for serving as the music director of theNew York Philharmonic (NYP) from 1991-2002.
· In that capacity, he led the Philharmonic in a performance ofBrahms’s Deutsches Requiem in the aftermath of the 11 September 2001 terrorist attacks.
10)World Bank released Migration and Remittances Factbook 2016:
· The report provides a snapshot of latest statistics on immigration, emigration, skilled emigration, and remittance flows for 214 countries and territories.
· It also updates the 2011 edition with additional data on bilateral migration and remittances and second generation diasporas, and recent movements of refugees.
11) BSE-listed companies spend $1 billion on CSR
· Nearly1,200 companies listed on the BSE together spent one billion dollars or Rs.6,400 crore towards corporate social responsibility activities in 2014-15, with majority of funds utilised for education, skills, health and sanitation sector, according to a report.
· Under the new Companies Act, a certain class of profitable companies must spend every year at least 2 per cent of their average net profit over the preceding three years on CSR.
· The norms, which are applicable on a 1,294 BSE-listed companies, came into effect starting April 2014.
12). Tata Motors listed as only Indian firm on top 50 global R&D spenders
· The list is being prepared by theEuropean Commission, the annual Industrial R&D Investment Scoreboard for 2015 was topped by the German automaker Volkswagen.
· In the top five R&D spenders, Volkswagen was followed by Samsung, Microsoft, Intel and Novartis.
13)Vijender Singh becomes first Indian to score Pro-Boxing hat-trick:
· Indian boxerVijender Singh has notched up a third successive knockout by thrashing Bulgaria’s Samet Hyuseinov in Manchester.
· Vijender had beaten Sonny Whiting and Dean Gillen in his previous two bouts, both of which were to be four-round contests but lasted barely over two rounds.
14). Chennaiyin FC has won the second edition of Indian Super League (ISL) Football tournament:
In the final played at theJawaharlal Nehru Stadium in Goa, they defeated hosts GoaFC by 3-2 goals score.
· Golden boot Award: John Stiven Mendoza Valencia (Chennaiyin FC). Scored tournament’s highest scorer of 13 goals.
· Golden Glove Award: Apoula Edima Edel Bete (Chennaiyin FC).
· Muthoot Group Fair Play Award: Mumbai FC.
· Hero of the League award: John Stiven Mendoza Valencia (Chennaiyin FC).
15). Barcelona win record 3rd FIFA Club World Cup:
· FC Barcelona the professional football club, based inBarcelona, Catalonia, Spain has won the 2015 FIFA Club World Cup for a record third time.
· In the final match played atInternational Stadium Yokoham in Japan the winning team defeatedRiver Plate FC by 3-0 goals.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here