Daily Current Affairs Updates– 22nd December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
On this occasion,India and UNESCO agreed to work jointly in spreading thejoy of mathematics and knowledge to students and learners across the world.
RBI IN NEWS:
· The central bank is aligned for thedevelopmental needs of the economyand therefore will continue to approve of new kinds of NBFCs if the economy requires. RBI is actively studying the peer-to-peer lending arrangements that are slowly gaining traction.
3). Indian Government has planned to set up Kendriya Vidyalayas (KV’s) in all Lok Sabh constituencies
· Announced by-Human Resources Development Minister SmritiIrani.
· HRD Ministry is trying to get an additional budgetary allocation in the next fiscal so that more KVs could be set up in more areas.
4). Delhi Government Cabinet has approved setting up of a commission of inquiry to probe the alleged irregularities in DDCA:
· Delhi Government has also called for theone-day special sessionof an assembly to discuss thealleged scam and CBI raid at Delhi Secretariat.
· The one member commission of inquiry will be headed formerSolicitor General Gopal Subramanium.
5). Lok Sabha passes the National Waterways Bill, 2015:
· This was passed by voice vote after it was introduced byUnion Shipping, Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari.
· The bill aims at declaring106 additional inland waterways as National Waterways in addition to the five existing National Waterways.
Highlights of the Anwesha scheme:
· The government will bear all expenses for education of the students under the scheme which will be implemented in 17 districts.
· The expenses for fees, uniform, books, hostel accommodation as well transportation will be sponsored by the government.
· The government aims to enrol a total of 50000 SC and ST students in phases.
· Over 3.5 lakh ST and SC students staying in hostels are to continue their education while 2 lakh more will avail the facility soon.
· For each student, government will give 25000 rupees for school fees per annum excluding hostel cost and scholarship.
· Separate hostel will be constructed for these children.
· Counsellor will be appointed to help students in self-studies in hostels.
· TheU.S. Fish and Wildlife Service has said it will listPantheraleoleo(a subspecies of lion) located in India and western and central Africa as endangered, and Pantheraleomelanochaita, located in eastern and southern Africa, will be listed as threatened.
· As per Yahoo India, it all started after the announcement ofbeef ban in Maharashtra, which led to massive debates and arguments.
· TheBeef Controversywas fuelled further byDadrilynchingandAward Wapsi campaign, and the cow soon became the icon of discussions on intolerance.
· Ruling conservativePeople’s Party (PP) of Spain led Prime MinisterMariano Rajoy by has won the 2015 general election of the country. In the general election, PP won the 123 seats by securing in the lower house of the 350-member Parliament and securing 28.7 percent vote share.
10). EU extended economic sanctions against Russia for 6 months:
· The sanctions target Russia’sfinancial, energy and defense sectorsas well assome dual-use goods.
· The sanctions were renewed after assessing Russia’s adherence toMinsk peace agreement in eastern Ukraine.
· The resolution extends and adjusts sanctions regime against individuals and entities affiliated with theTaliban for 18 months.
· The council expressed serious concern about the ongoingviolent and terrorist activities by theTaliban, al-Qaida and other violent extremist groups in Afghanistan.
12). Nepal Cabinet decided to amend Constitution to address Madhesis’ demands:
· The decision was taken in view ofMadhesis’ agitation against the Constitutional provisions related to proportional representation and constituency delimitation.
· A decision in this regard was approved at anemergency cabinet meetingheld at Singha Durbar in Kathmandu.
· The Reserve Bank has given its approval for appointment ofParthasarathi Mukherjee as new MD and CEO of the bank for three years from the date of his taking charge.
· He succeedsRakesh Sharma, who has joined asMD and CEO of Canara Bank.
14). SBI to raise Rs.12,000 cr through Tier-II bonds:
· The funds will be raised in one or more tranches through private placement.“The Committee of Directors” has authorised the bank to raise up toRs.12,000crore by way of“issue of Basel-III compliant Tier-II bonds, at par, through private placement”, the SBI informed the stock exchanges.
· SBI’s capital adequacy ratio, as on end September, was12.17 per cent as compared to regulatory mandate of nine per cent.Tier-I capital of SBI was at 9.9 per cent, leaving much room for raising Tier-II bonds.
· After hardware, the country’s second largest handset makerMicromaxnow aims to expand its software services business across areas likepayments, e-commerce and healthcare.
· The commission will be headed by formerSolicitor General Gopal Subramanium. It will probe the allegedfinancial irregularities by the administrators of the DDCA.
· The commission was appointed on the basis of recommendation of the three-member committee headed byChetan Sanghi.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
17). India has joined select club nations to build Liquefied natural gas (LNG) ships:
· After state ownedCochin Shipyard has received certification India has joined select club nations to buildLiquefied natural gas (LNG) ships.
· In this regard, Cochin Shipyard has signed a license agreement with French technology companyGaztransport&Technigaz (GTT).
18). Union Defence Minister launches website for interface with industry and transparency:
· The website provides information related to all procedural and policy issues relevant for defence manufacturing industry in the country.
· It will act as an enabler for the industry to get the latest news and notification regarding various aspects of the defence production.
· It provides link to industrial programmes and promotion policies of various states and union territories. It would make defence acquisition process simpler and transparent.
· The portal also gives an opportunity to an individual company to seek clarifications or ask questions that would be answered within three working days.
· The Falcon 9 rocket was successfully launched fromCape Canaveral, Florida carrying 11 satellites to low-Earth orbit and was also successfully landed after 10 minutes to the Earth.
· India’s Abhay Singh won the boys Under-19 title, beating second seedAlwin Chai of Malaysia 11-8 11-3 11-8 in the final of theOld Chang Kee Singapore Squash Open.
· Abhay is the world number junior player and has a tally of seven junior titles this year, two of them international.
· Murray was chosen for the award after a public vote in which he received 361446 of the 1,009,498 votes cast. The voting was based on performance of sports personalities in 2015.
· For Murray, it was thesecond award in three years. He received the previous award in 2013.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here
/ 5. Reviews