Daily Current Affairs Updates– 23rd December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
RBI IN NEWS:
· The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) created adedicated helpline (Email) for start-ups in India in order to offerassistance on Forex matters to them for undertaking cross-border transactions within the ambit of the regulatory framework.
· This will enable the personnel attending the helpline to offertimely and effective information.
2). RBI gave approval for joining of Small Finance banks to join any Payment System:
· The central bank, in August and September, announced the names of21 entities that weregranted in-principle approval for setting uppayments banks and SFBs.
· The‘in-principle’ approval is valid for 18 months during which time the applicants have to comply with all requirements stipulated by the RBI before grant of final licence for commencement of banking business.
· Gurgaon-based on-demand grocery service PepperTap acquired Bengaluru-basedhyperlocal grocery delivery startup Jiffstore in a cash-and-stock deal.
· As per the terms of deal, Jiffstore will completely merge its operations with PepperTap. Furthermore, its 40-member-team will join PepperTap’s Gurgaon and Bengaluru offices.
4). Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) approved 3000-crore rupees scheme for integrated development and management of fisheries:
· It will cover development and management of inlandfisheries, aquaculture, marine fisheries and all activities undertaken by theNational Fisheries Development Board (NFDB) towards realizing Blue Revolution.
5). CCEA approved investment of 5000 crore rupees into ONGC Videsh:
· The approved investment will strengthen the capital base ofONGC Videsh. It will enhance the ability of ONGC to undertake overseasExploration and Production (E&P) business, thereby improving the energy security of the country.
· With this investment, the equity base ofOVL will rise to 15000 crore rupees. All the loan ONGC had given to OVL was at zero interest.
· Union Cabinet chaired by Prime Minister NarendraModi approved the Lucknow Metro Rail Project Phase-1 A. To be developed at anexpenditure of 6928 crore rupees, the project will cover a length of22.878 km with 22 stations.
· The proposal for the metro rail project was approved at a meeting, which was called toreview the performance of the state urban development department at Patna.
· The Detailed Project Report (DPR) of the Patna Metro Rail project will be presented to the state cabinet for approval soon.
· The Union Cabinet has approved the reconstruction and completion ofSalma Dam Project in Afghanistan at the Revised Cost Estimates (RCE) of1775.69 crore rupees.
· Decision in this regard was taken at the Union Cabinet meeting chaired by Prime Minister NarendraModi in New Delhi.
· The Philippines’ Food and Drug Administration approved the dengue vaccine for the prevention of disease caused by all four dengue types in individuals from 9 to 45 years old living in endemic areas.
10). Greek Parliament Legalizes same-sex marriages:
· Greece’s parliament on 23 Dec 2015 has approved legislation legalising civil partnerships forgay couples, two years after the country was condemned by a European Court for discrimination.
· Several hundred pro-gay rights protesters gathered outside parliament before the vote, under a large banner that read “Love is the law.”
· It will be done in return for debt cancellation worth40 million dollars in the second week of December 2015.
· As per the decision, Yuan will be a function oftrade between Chinaand Zimbabwe and acceptability with customers in Zimbabwe.
12). Digital media company Arre acquired Apalya Technologies:
· As part of the deal, the cofounders of Apalya, Vamshi Reddy and Shiva Bayyapunedi, will get2 percent sweat equity in UDigital.
· Apalya will help Arre, which is developing content in various forms includingedgy videos, serial-like podcasts, investigative documentaries and long-form narratives, to add platform capability to its digital content play.
· Zynergy Solar Projects& Services, promoted by first generation serial entrepreneur,RohitRabindernath, has secured an investment commitment of$100 million from UK-based Kohli Ventures over the next three years to support its expansion plans that include setting up ofnew Rs.400 crore solar manufacturing plant.
BILLS AND ACTS:
14). Lok Sabha passed The National Waterways Bill, 2015:
· The Bill identifies additional101 waterways as National Waterways.
· The Bill repeals thefive Actsthat declare the existing national waterways. These five national waterways are now covered under the Bill.
15). Lok Sabha passed the Payment of Bonous (Amendment) Bill, 2015:
· The LokSabha has passed The Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Bill, 2015 to allowdoubling of wage ceiling for calculating bonus of factory workers and establishments with 20 or more workers.
· The Bill seeks to amend thePayment of Bonus Act, 1965 and was introduced in LokSabha bythe Minister of State (MoS) for Labour and Employment.
16).Parliament passes Juvenile Justice Bill:
· Parliamenthas passedJuvenile Justice (Care and Protection of Children) Amendment Bill, 2015 for trying juveniles as adults.
· The bill has provision that allows trying of juveniles between the ages of 16 and 18 years as adults for heinous offences.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
· The finding was published in a paper titledNew range and habitatrecords for threatened Australian sea snakes raise challenges for conservation, in the journalBiological Conservation. Lead author of the study isBlanche D’Anastasi.
18). New Species of Eel, Gymnothorax mishrai discovered along West Bengal coast:
· The discovery of the new species ofBengal moray eel, which is new to science, was jointly published in the journalZootaxa byAnil Mohapatra, alongDavid G. Smith and Dipanjan Ray.
· He succeededYudhvir Singh Malik, who was shifted as Additional Secretary in Niti Aayog in September 2015.
· Prior toPawan Kumar Agarwal’s appointment, FSSAI ChairmanAshishBahugunawas holding the additional charge ofFSSAI CEO.
20). Winners for the 2015 ICC Awards announced:
· The awards were based onperformanceof individuals and teams, both men and women, between18 September 2014 and 13 September 2015.
· Among the 10 awards announced, theSir Garfield Sobers Trophy for ICC Cricketer of the Year andTest Cricketer of the Year were conferred on Australian captainSteve Smith.
21). FIFA’s Independent Ethics Committee banned Sepp Blatter, Michel Platini from football for 8 years:
· The Ethics Committee of football’s global governing body that suspended the duo was chaired by Hans-Joachim Eckert.
· The ban came into force immediately.Blatter and Platini have also been fined40000 US dollar and 80000 US dollar respectively.
22). International Tennis Federation announced winners of 2015 World Champions:
List of ITF 2015 World Champions
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here