Daily Current Affairs Updates – 25th November 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). Union Government has announced 10 New& Revised Schemes for Disabled Persons under the National Trust:
Mr. Thaawar Chand Gehlot, the Union Minister forSocial Justice and Empowerment has announced the launching of10 new/revised schemesfor thedisabled persons in New Delhi.
List of Schemes:
· DISHA:Early Intervention and School Readiness Scheme
· VIKAAS:Day Care Scheme
· SAMARTH:Respite Care Scheme
· GHARAUNDA:Group Home for Adults Scheme
· NIRAMAYA:Health Insurance Scheme
· SAHYOGI:Caregiver training scheme
· GYAN PRABHA: Educational support Scheme
· PRERNA:Marketing Assistance Scheme
· SAMBHAV:Aids and Assisted Devices Scheme
· BADHTE KADAM: Awareness and Community Interaction Scheme
All the above schemes were launched under thenational trust for the welfare of persons with Autism, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Retardation and Multiple Disabilities.
2). Sunil Kanoria has been appointed as the President of The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM)
· Finance Vice-Chairman of SREI Infrastructure,Sunil Kanoria has takes charge as thepresident of industry body ASSOCHAM.
· Sunil Kanoria was associated in bring over Rs. 34,000 crore of consolidated assets under SREI, and it become of thefirst NBFCs to get listed in theLondon Stock Exchange.
This MoU was signed at the presence of theMinister for Railways Mr. Suresh Prabhu.
· The Chair shall be called ‘Indian Railways Chair for Sustainable Mobility’
· The Chair would focus onresearch in various aspects of railways that has emerged as a crucial mode of transport to achieve sustainable development in the country.
· The University would aim for impartingknowledge and enriching professionals in all aspects of sustainability with a multi-dimensional perspective relevant to Indian Railways.
· It should lend strength to the ongoing research and teaching and should open new vistas of research in the field of Rail Transport.
· The tenure of the Chair would be one year initially, extendable upon review.
· Annual funding isRs 20 lakhs.
4). Nuclear Capable Dhanush has successfully test-fired from the Naval Warship Subhadra at the Odisha Coast:
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) has successfully conducted this test.
Features of the Missile:
· The surface-to-surface missile is a naval variant of Prithvi-II missile
· Can carry both conventional as well as a nuclear
· Maximumpayload of 500 kg.
· The missile has a length of 8.53 meters and is 0.9 meter wide.
· Can hit both land and sea-based targets
· Strike range of up to350 kms.
2015 Theme: Our People, Our Community, Our Vision
About East Asia Summit:
The East Asia Summit is an annual meeting of national leaders from the East Asian region and adjoining countries. The first summit was held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in December 2005.
· Chaired by thePrime Minister of Malaysia Najib Razak
· Attended by the Heads of State/Government of ASEAN Member States, Australia, China, India, Japan, New Zealand, Korea, Russia and the United States of America.
· 9thEast Asia Summit was held atNay Pyi Taw, Myanmar in 2014
· 11thEast Asia Summit will be held atLao PDRin 2016
6). Japan has successful conducted its first commercial Satellite launch by launching Canadian Communication Spacecraft, Telstar 12V:
This satellite was launched along with theH-IIA rocket and blasted from Pad 1 of the Yoshinobu Launch Complex atJapan’s Tanegashima Space Centre.
Mitsubishi Heavy Industries has conducted this launched in collaboration with the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency.
About Telstar 12V:
· Telstar 12Vantage has the total weight of4900 kilograms
· It is acommunications and broadcasting satellite.
· It was owned by Loral Space and Communications and Canada’s Public Sector Pension Investment Board (PSP).
7). The Ministry of Railways has signed the Assured Off Take Agreements (AOT) with SAIL-RITES Bengal Wagon Industry Pvt Ltd (SRBWIPL)
· Indian Railways have taken another step in line with “Make in India” initiative of Government of India by signing the Assured Off Take Agreements (AOT) withSAIL-RITES Bengal Wagon Industry Pvt. Ltd. (SRBWIPL) for manufacture& rehabilitation of wagons atKulti, West Bengal.
· By thistwo major PSUs of Central Govt. namelyRITES of Ministry of Railways andSAIL of Ministry of Steel have come together to set up a joint venture which is a Rs.2500 Crores“Make in India” initiative.
· Factory will manufacture most modern wagons which are required for expansion of Indian Railways and the factory will emerge as a Centre of Excellence for development and manufacture of special purpose wagons for domestic and international market, land for the factory has been provided by SAIL and has been constructed at an approximate cost of 120 crore rupees.
· And it will generate employment for about 400-500 people.
· Anju Bobby theformer long jump world champion and the only Indian to have won thebronze medal at World Championships (Paris, 2003), will take charge as the chairperson of TOPS fromDecember first week. She is presently a member of the TOPS’ identification committee.
· This appointment was approved by theUnion Ministry of Sports and Youth Affairs.
9). Mahip Singh, famous writer and Journalist has passed away at Gurgaon, Haryana.
· He is a veteran Hindi writer, columnist and journalist.
· His first short stories‘Subah ke Phool‘ was published in 1959. His famous novels include‘Ye Bhi Nhi’, Abhi Shesh Hai’ and‘Bich ki Dhoop’
· He establishedBhartiya Lekhak Sangathan in 1978.
People Also Visited:
Free Online Mock Test for Upcoming Bank Exams- Click Here
/ 5. Reviews