Daily Current Affairs Updates– 26th December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB), has been officially launched in Beijing and is expected to start operation early next year:
· First major multilateral lender with developing countries holding the majority of the shares and votes, came just six months after anarticle of agreement (AOA) was signed by57prospective founding members in June, and 26 months afterPresident Xi Jinping proposed it in October 2013.
· With authorizedcapital of $100 billion, the AIIB will initially prioritise investment in energy, power generation, transportation, rural infrastructure, environmental protection and logistics. It is expected to offer loans to the first batch of projects in mid-2016.
2). Pakistan PM Nawaz Sharif to visit Sri Lanka next month:
· During his visitthe two sides will sign several agreements including a pact on combatingmoney laundering and terrorism financing, officials said today.
· This will beSharif’s first visit to Lanka sincePresident Maithripala Sirisena took office a year ago.
· Deputy Foreign MinisterHarsha de Silva said10 memorandum of understandings (MoUs) and pacts are to be signed during Sharif’s visit, covering a range of key areas.
3). Seychelles government allowed India to build its first Naval Base on the Assumption Island in the Indian Ocean region (IOR) as a joint project between both countries:
· Seychelles governmenthas allocated a plot of land on in itsAssumption Island which will help to enhance mutual security along our western seaboard inIOR. India’s firstNaval Base project has acquired significance following China acquiring its firstAfrican naval base in Djibouti (near Horn of Africa)in November 2014.
4). Aircraft-carrier INS Viraat has won the coveted Cock Trophy during the Western Fleet Whaler Pulling Regatta:
· INS Viraat was declared overall winner team and awarded the trophy. In the keenly contested event, aircraft carrierINS Vikramaditya emerged runner-up.
· The winning ship will be called theCock Ship till the next regatta.
· Vice-Admiral S.P.S. Cheema, Flag Officer Commanding-in-Chief of Mumbai-based Western Naval Command, presided over the finals as the chief guest and also gave away the prizes to the winners.
5). The Union Government has brought 376 drugs under the National List of Essential Medicines (NLEM):
· The Union Government has added106 drugs including that of HIV/AIDS, Cancer and Hepatitis C to theNational List of Essential Medicines (NLEM).Union Ministry of Health and Family Welfare’s core committee has revised the NLEM.
· The committee was headed byV.M. Katoch, former secretary of Department of Health Research. The revision includes addition of106 essential medicines and deletion of 70 medicines. With this total number of essential medicines in the list have gone up to376 from earlier 348 medicines.
· This will ensure their availability across the country at affordable prices. The new list takes cues fromthe World Health Organization (WHO’s) 2015 list of essential drugs and medicines that satisfies the priority healthcare needs of people and ensure affordability.
6). World Bank chief economist Kaushik Basu indicated that the bank may revise its GDP growth projection for India:
· He was responding to media queries on whether failure of the Centre to get theGST Bill passed will have an impact on the projection and said that, there could be some changes in theJanuary review of India’s growth forecast.
· Recession inBrazil and Russia and slowdown inChina have made India the leading economy in terms of growth prospects for the first time this year. But what is helping India is a positive general mood which helps investment climate. Theoil price drop is also helpingIndia and Bangladesh.
7). IT major Tech Mahindra has launched first of its kind ‘Tap N Pay’ contactless digital payment wallet MoboMoney for the Indian masses:
· MoboMoney is a prepaid wallet issued in the form of aNear Field Communication (NFC) contactless tag that could be used to‘Tap N Pay’ for goods and services.
· It has been billed as India’s first commercial NFC ecosystem rollout that would allow consumers to convert cash into e-cash for making payments.
8). New Zealand beats Sri Lanka by 7 wickets in 1st ODI:
· Brendon McCullum’shalf century liftedNew Zealand to aseven-wicket win over Sri Lanka on Saturday and a 1-0 lead in the five-match ODI series.
· They needed only21 overs to surpassSri Lanka’s total of 188, having set up their victory by taking five wickets inside 10 overs despite the tourists winning the toss and electing to bat on a good pitch.
· McCullum made 55,Guptill 79 and Henry Nicholls scored 23 not out on debut, hitting the winning runs.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here