Daily Current Affairs Updates– 26th January 2016:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1. Republic Day – 26 January:
· January 26th, 1950 is one of the most significant days in the history of India as it was on this day theIndian Constitutioncame into force. On this auspicious day, India became aRepublican unit.
· 26th of January was declared anational holiday and has been celebrated and recognized as theRepublic Day of India since then.
· Goa’s Tourism Minister Dilip Parulekar said that the government will impose a dress code, in a bid to check any obscenity, at the state’s annual Carnival parades
· The Carnival, which will be held from February 6 to February 10, is part of Goa’s Colonial Portuguese legacy.
3.Government Funds Wagah like ceremony at Tripura Border:
· The Centre has sanctioned funds to conduct a‘Beating Retreat’ ceremony at theAgartala-Akhaura border with Bangladesh, similar to that at Wagah in Punjab.
· The Money was sanctioned under the‘Swadesh Darshan Scheme’for building a mini stadium among other things.
· The Beating retreat ceremony is performed at Wagah during the closing of the border every evening.
4. 40% of Indian Women own or share property:
· According to theNational Family Health Survey of 2015-16,more than 40% of the women surveyed in 15 states and Union Territories of India till now own or share a joint property.
· The survey added thatBihar tops the chart with 58.8% womenowning a property.
· Mahindra Defence and Airbus Helicopters inked a pact to form a joint venture toproduce military helicopters in India.
· Airbus Helicopters President and CEO:Guillaume Faury
6. Labour Ministry relaxes startups from Key Inspections:
· A week after PM Modi launchedStartup India scheme, the labour ministry exempted Indian Startups fromkey labour laws related inspections
· These laws include theIndustrial Disputes Act,the Employees state Insurance Act, the Trade Union Act and the Employees Provident Fund and Miscellaneous Provisions Act.
· A two wheeler taxi service,‘Bikxie Pink’,for women has been launched inGurgaon that is completely run by women.
· Started by a coupleDivya Kalia and Mohit Sharma, the service includes a fleet ofpink two wheelers to ferry women between 8 am to 6 pm.
· The app only service keeps apepper spray anddisposable shower cap handy for commuters.
7. 76% of India’s coast prone to cyclones, tsunami’s:
· According toNational Disaster Management Authority(NDMA) data, nearly 5700km of India’s 7516km coastline(approximately 76%) is prone to cyclones and tsunamis.
· Since 1970, there have been 6 major cyclones or tsunamis in India. Together these caused the deaths of over 32,000 people and 40,000 cattle and damaged over 430,000 acres of land
8. Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes Amendment Act, 2015 came into force:
· The Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Act, 2015 came into force on 26 January 2016. The act was made to ensure more stringent provisions for prevention of Atrocities against Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes
· The act came into force after the Lok Sabha passed this amendment bill on 4 August 2015 while the upper house Rajya Sabha gave its nod on 21 December, 2015. And the final ass ent by the President came on 31 December 2015.
· The bill was provided to make amendments in the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Act, 1989, the Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Act, 2015
9. International Customs Day observed on 26 January:
· The International Customs Day 2016 was observed across the world on 26 January 2016. The day is organised in commemoration of formation of World Customs Organisation (WCO) on 26 January 1953.
· On 26 January every year, the Customs administrations of 179 Member States of the World Customs Organisation organize various national events to celebrate the first session of the Customs Co-operation Council. On its part, the WCO Secretariat chooses a topic for the International Customs Day.
· The WCO is dedicating 2016 to promoting the digitalization of Customs process under the slogan Digital Customs: Progressive Engagement.
BUSINESS AND ECONOMY:
· Apple India’s country manager Maneesh Dhir confirmed his exit from the company, without specifying any reason.
· Dhir joined Apple in 2010 and during his tenure, the company’s India sales surged from $100 million to $1 billion.
· This is the second top level exit for Apple India in 2 weeks, after itsEnterprise Head Sharad Mehrotra quit earlier this month
11. Chinese startup develops smart Bottle ‘Seed’:
· Chinese startup Moikit has developed a smart bottle ‘Seed’ priced between $130-$150, that tracks theuser’s water consumption, compiles health data and gives water intake reminders.
· Seed comes with an LED touch screen cap that displays reminders, temperature and stale water warnings.
· Compatible with the other health apps and devices, the bottle can be controlled through a dedicated Android and iOS app.
12. Nilekani, Accel, Kalaari invest in Power2SME:
· Gurgaon based power2SME raised an undisclosed sum fromNandan Nilekaniand existing investors Accel Partners, Kalaari capital and Inventus Capital.
· Founded in 2012 by R Narayan, Power2SME directly buys raw materials from suppliers required by SMEs, eliminating the middle men.
· US based startup Shalgi Design Studio has developed a smart luggage
‘G-RO’, that features all terrain wheels, inbuilt tablet stand and a charging station with two USB ports.
· G-RO comes with 360 degree revolvable wheels and a luggage location tracker.
· The 23,000 mAh battery in the luggage capable of charging tablets, laptops and smart phones lasts long enough to charge a Smartphone 10 times.
14. China’s capital outflows up 7 times in 2015:
· China’s estimated capital outflows for 2015 have reportedly increased more than seven times to over $1 trillion compared to $134.3 billion in 2014.
· Further china’s forex reserves plunged $513 billion in 2015 to $3.33 trillion, thefirst annual drop since 1992.
· HDFC bank, India’s second biggest private lender by assets reported a net profit of 3356.8 crore for the quarter ended December, registering a year on yearincrease of 20.1%
· The total income also rose to 18282 crore against 14931 crore during the period under review.
16. RBI seeks additional 26k crore for PSU banks:
· The RBI has sought an additional 26000 crore from the government by 2018 for capital infusion intopublic sector Undertaking (PSU) banks for implementing Base-lII norms in the banks.
· Basel-III is a global voluntary regulatory framework that measures the market liquidity risks of banks.
· The Government has already pledged 70000 crore for the purpose by the end of FY19.
AWARDS AND HONOURS:
· Veteran actorAnupam Kher and tennis playerSania Mirza were announced as the awardees for this year’sPadma Bhushan awards, the third Highest civilian award of the country.
· The list of awardees also includessinger Udit Narayan,Badminton Player Saina Nehwal, former CAG Vinod Rai and Bennett Coleman Company’s current chairperson Indu Jain among others
· ActorsPriyanka Chopra,Ajay Devganand film director and producerMadhur Bhandarkar announced to be honoured withPadma Shri award this year, the Fourth highest civilian award in India.
· The list also includes lawyerUjjiwal Nikam, classical dancerPrathibha Prahlad,folk singerMamata Chandrakar, Classical vocalistSoma Ghosh and folk dancerGulabi Sapera among others.
· Indian openerRohit Sharma rocketed into the top ten of ODI Rankings for batsmen after being named man of the series for scoring 441 runs against Australia.
· Three Indian batsmen-Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma and Shikhar Dhawan– made into the top ten.
· Captain MS Dhoni was 13th, slipping out of the top ten for the first time in& years
20. India Lead the 3-matches T20I Series with Australia1-0:
· India won the match by 37 runs.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here