Daily Current Affairs Updates– 28thDecember 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
· The MoU was signed after a meeting between theChief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu and Microsoft’s CEO SatyaNadella in Hyderabad.
· The purpose of the MoU is toimprove use of information and communication technologies, drive digital inclusion and provide IT-based decentralised citizen services.
· The initiatives will help in checking school dropouts, improving agricultural productivity and providing better citizen services.
· Congress today marked its 131st Foundation Day with its president Sonia Gandhi hoisting the party flag at theAICC headquarters.
· All the top leaders of the party including Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi, former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, senior leaders Salman Khurshid, Anand Sharma, Sheila Dikshit, GhulamNabi Azad and Manish Tewari were present.
· ‘Start-up India Stand Up India’, a new initiative that Prime Minister NarendraModi spoke about during his Independence Day speech this year, will be the government’s New Year gift to “young people” who want to set up new businesses or innovative projects.
· The government will formally launch the initiative on January 16 in an event that will see the participation of all major higher educational institutions through online connectivity, the Prime Minister said in hisMann ki Baat programme on All India Radio.
· The initiatives include three applications, namely, Kilkari, Mobile Academy and M-Cessation and a dedicated toll free number 1800-11–6666 which will provide round the clock counselling and treatment support services for TB patients.
5). China’s Parliament adopts the country’s first law against domestic violence and Counter Terrorism:
· Thelegislation was approved at the end of a week-long bimonthly session of theNational People’s Congress (NPC) Standing Committee, the top organ of China’s parliament.
· In this regard 159-member National People’s Congress Standing Committee, the top organ of China’s Parliament has passed revisedLaw on Population and Family Planning.
· The new law allows couples to have two children fromJanuary 1, 2015and marks the ending its over three decades oldOne Child Policy.
· Reliance Jio Infocomm Ltd (RJIL) or Reliance Jio launched 4G telecom service.
· The service was launched at the Reliance Corporate Park in Navy Mumbai to mark thebirth anniversary of DhirubhaiAmbani, founder of the Reliance Industries Limited (RIL).
· However, at present, it is limited to 85000 employees and their families of the company, while the commercial services are expected to begin by April 2016.
· According to financial services major Barclays, India’s current account deficit (CAD) remains in check and is expected to be lesser than $25 billion this fiscal.
· “Overall, we believe India’s external sector appears well placed and expect it to remain so in the coming quarters,” Barclays said in the report.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
· Indigenously developedBeyond Visual Range (BVR) air-to-air missile, Astra, was on 25 December 2015 successfully test fired.
· The test was conducted bythe Indian Air Force off the coast of Odishanear theIntegrated Test Range (ITR), Balasore.
· In addition to this air trial, the missile underwent successful ground based trials in early December 2015 near Pune.
· The tests were aimed at validating theECCM (electronic counter-counter measure) features of the missile to overcome any jamming.
· He was best known fordystopian novel Logan’s Run, which adapted into a 1976 film starringMichael York and was nominated for two Oscars.
· Shiva Keshavan on 27 December 2015 grabbed asilver medal in the 18th edition ofthe Asian Luge Championship held in Nagano, Japan.
· The first place was claimed by defending championHidenariKanayamaof Japan. On the other hand,South Korea’s Kim Dong-hyeon grabbed the third place.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here
/ 5. Reviews