Daily Current Affairs Updates– 28th November 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). National Highways Authorities of India (NHAI) has approved a pilot project for developing greenbelts along National highways:
· This project submitted byNational Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI), Nagpur for undertaking scientific studies on designing greenbelts along national highways,”
· The project will be implemented on a5 km stretch onNH-7 betweenJam and Hinganghat in Nagpur region at an estimated cost ofRs 11.80 crore.
· Around20,000 trees of scientifically chosen species have been proposed to be planted on both sides of the stretch in multiple rows.
The work activities have been delineated considering two major factors,
· highway requirement and objectives
· plant characteristics to fit in the site requirement
2). Patricia Scotland has appointed as the First Women Secretary General of Commonwealth of Nations:
· She also becomes thefirst British citizen to hold the role in the 66-year historyof 53-member Commonwealth.
· She was selected during the 24th biennial Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) in Malta on 27 November 2015.
· She succeeded India’sKamalesh Sharma and will officially take charge on1 April 2016. She will receive a salary of nearly 160000 British Pound as well as a four storey mansion in Mayfair.
3). India has proposed to launch a $1-billion equity fund, with seed capital from public sector units, to support renewable energy companies:
· Piyush Goyal Minister of State (Independent Charge) Power, Coal and New& Renewable Energy announced that, “to develop countries provide long-tenor low-cost funding; we are also preparing ourselves to see how we canfinance our renewable energy thrust.”
· He also said that the country expects to collect$4 billion a year in the nextthree-four years for theNational Clean Energy Fund through a cess on coal mining.
4). P Uday Bhaskar was appointed as the Chairman of Andhra Pradesh Public Service Commission (APPSC):
· Uday Bhaskar is a professor ofCivil Engineeringand Director of Foreign Universities and Alumni Relations of the JNTU Kakinada, is also director of evaluation at theJNTU-K.
· He worked at the JNTU-K in various capacities including head of civil engineering, chief coordinator of several consultancy, modernization and research projects.
· And also hepublished more than 20 research papers in thenational and international journals and conferences.
5). India-Israel co-developed Barak-8 missile was successfully tested:
· Barak 8 missile fired from an Israeli Navy ship successfully intercepted an enemy target registering 100 per cent success.
· This test was undertaken by Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) in the presence of Defence Research Development Organization (DRDO) scientists.
About Barak-8 Missile:
· Surface-to-Air Missile
· It is an advanced long-range missile with air defence system
· main features are long range, active radar seeker missile, vertical launch and multiple simultaneous engagements.
People Also Visited:
Free Online Mock Test for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2015- Click Here