Daily Current Affairs Updates– 29th November 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). Union Government has decided to roll out BS V norms from April 1, 2019:
· In order to reduce vehicular air pollution from road transport sector, Government has planned toadvance the date for implementation of the roll out of Bharat Stage (BS) stage V and VI norms for four-wheelers by3 years.
· As per advance dates, BS V norms will be rolled out from1st of April, 2019 and BS VI norms from1st April, 2021.
· Now there are4 standards of Bharat stage (BS) norms have been launched by government with prescribed limit on the release of pollutants. Issued BS standards are as follows:
BS-I Euro 1 2000
BS-II Euro 2 2005
BS-III Euro 3 2010
BS-IV Euro 4 2015 (63 cities till 1 April 2015)
· Before to this, Saumitra Chaudhri Committee had recommended to introduce even lesser vehicular pollutant releasing BS-V (0.005 rspm) and BS-VI (0.0025 rspm) norms throughout the nation by 2022 and 2024 respectively.
· ‘Ek Bharat, Shresht Bharat’ scheme aimed at strengthening the country’sunity and harmony and invited suggestions in this regard.
· PM Said that, “It should be full of life and aprestigious schemeand connect everybody in an easy manner; it is expected to be a very specific scheme. Apply your creative mind and give suggestions as to how to connect each and every Indian with the mantra of unity and harmony and ‘Ek Bharat, Shresht Bharat’.
3). India announced $2.5 million in aid for the small states in the Commonwealth Nations to help them combat climate change:
· On the second day of thebiennial summit of the Commonwealth, India has announced $2.5 million for theCommonwealth small states trade finance facility.
· Itsmembership countries are Britain, Australia, Canada, Singapore and small island nations such the Maldives, Tonga and Nauru.
· Commonwealth has31 small states as its members out of the53 countries and trade finance is very important to them.
· The24th Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting (CHOGM) deliberated extensively on combating climate change and a number of countries pledged their financial assistance to island nations of the grouping.
· “India played its role in the deliberations making it very clear that we should not try to pre-judge the outcome ofParis COP21 and also need to ensure adequate funding for developing countries so that they meet theirINDC (Intended Nationally Determined Contributions) targets,”.
4). Blow to Goa as Russia strikes India off its safe travel destinations list:
· According to a report by the Russian news agencyINTERFAX, India has beenstruck off the list of safe travel destinations recommended forRussian tourists.
· In a second blow toGoa’s tourism industry which was already reeling from a reduction in arrivals due to the devaluation of the rouble.
· The Russian information centre in Goa stated that a revised travel advisory had been issued following the blacklisting ofEgypt and Turkey. PresidentVladimir Putin had canceled all flights to Egypt after the October 31 explosion of a Russian passenger plane over the Sinai peninsula, and then called on its citizens to cancel vacations in Turkey after Turkish missiles shot down a Russian fighter jet in Syria.
· Amongst the destinations now identified as‘safe’ are Cuba, south Vietnam and southern China.
· P. V. Sindhu has completed a hat-trick of women’s singles title at the$ 120,000Macau Open Grand Prix Gold after defeatingJapan’s Minatsu Mitani in the finals.
· She has earlier won the title in2013 and 2014 and Macau Open is the only title that she won in the year 2015.
· Peter Siddle and Mitch Starc lead the team to victory in a dramatic finish under lights that will almost certainly ensure the format isn’t consigned tohistory as a one-time event.
· The match wasover inside three days, which hasn’t happened in anAdelaide Oval test since 1951 and which highlighted the differences of using the pink ball and playing under lights in the longest format of the game.
People Also Visited:
Free Online Mock Test for IBPS Clerk Prelims 2015- Click Here