Daily Current Affairs Updates– 29th September 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1).JointMilitary Exercisebetween India and Sri LankaMITRA SHAKTI 2015 begins in Pune:
· Joint exercise between India and srilanka to build Military to Military co-operation and interoperability.
· MITRASHAKTI–2015 begins inAundhCamp,Pune
· This will be thethirdjointtraining exercise between the two armies.
· The aim of the training is to bring up the best military practices between the two armies and enhancing confidence and trust between the two militaries.
· The exercise is planned for duration of14days.
2). World Heart Day 2015 celebrated across the world in 29-Sep-15:
· Theme-Creating heart-healthy environments
· The purpose of this day is to ensure that 80 % of premature deaths from heart disease and strokes
· World Heart Day was assisted by TheWorldHeartFederation (WHF), Geneva-based non-governmental agency.
· World Heart day was founded in 2000 to provide awareness about heart disease and stroke around the world.
3). Ministry of Tourism Launches several new initiatives on World Tourism Day
· The Union Minister of state for Tourism, culture and civil aviation, Dr.Mahesh Sharma announced Medical and Wellness Tourism Promotion Board, function held in New Delhi.
· Providing low cost medical facilities in India is the main reason for promoting tourism.
The details of some of the new initiatives launched today are as below:
Medical and Wellness Tourism Promotion Board:
· Enabling India as a competent and credible medical and wellness tourism destination.
· The board will have a corpus fund of Rs 2 crore initially andAYUSH Facilities will be promoted along with regular medical facilities.
Tourism Vision Document 2030:
· This document details the way towards Vision 2030. ‘Tourism vision 2030’ has been commissioned by the Experience India Society.
A Seminar on the theme of ‘World Tourism Day 2015 – One Billion Tourist, One Billion Opportunities’
· Shri Vikram Oberoi, President hotel Association of India, Shri Subhash Goyal, president Indian Association of India and Shri Atul Bhatnagar, chief Operating Officer of National Skill Development Corporation as panelists
4). INS Kochi commissioned into Indian Navy:
· Indian Navy is all set to welcomeINSKOCHI, a second ship of Kolkata-class Guided Missile destroyer.
· Defense MinisterManoharParrikar will commission this designed ship.
· INSKOCHI issecond in the contract for three ships of Kolkata-class into Indian Navy.
· INSKOLKATA first of three destroyer was commissioned byPrimeMinisterNarendraModi last year.
· Lastship isINSCHENNAI, is expected to join the naval forces later in 2016.
· INS KOCHI is superior than Delhi class, Propelled by 4 gas turbines , weighing over 7500 tones, 164m in length and 17 m at the beam
· It also includes supersonic and long-range BrahMos surface to surface missile, the 76mm Super Rapid Gun Mount (SRGM) and AK-630Close In Weapon System (CIWS), can take on air and surface targets.
· It is the10th destroyer in Indiaand built atMazagaon Docks(MDL),Mumbai
5). Suresh Prabhu Launches Indian Railway Knowledge Portal
· Minister of Railways Shri Suresh Prabhakar Prabhuon 28-sep-2015 LaunchedIndian Railway Knowledge Portal namely www.kportal.indianrailways.gov.in
· This portal was launched through video conferencing established between Ministry of railways , Rail Bhawan and NAIR(National Academy of Indian Railways), vadodara
· This portal is aninventiveness of theNational Academy of Indian Railways(NAIR)
· This portal aggregates information about Indian Railways , in short it is a ‘One stop ’ arrangement for people who are interested in Indian Railways both from technical point of view as well as enthusiasts
6). Nitin Gadkari Launches Green Highways Policy 2015
· Union Minister of Road Transport& Highways and Shipping Nitin Gadkari launched Green Highways mainly in Plantation, Transplantation, Beautification and Maintenance policy, 2015 in New Delhi.
· Aim of policy is to promote greening of Highways
· This Policy will generate employment opportunities for about 5 lakhs people from rural areas.
· Monitored by using ISRO’S Bhuvan and GAGAN satellite systems
7). Dee Patel Indo-Britain van driver honored with Pride of Britain
· DeePatel was awarded withPrideofBritain for outstandingbraverycategory on 28-SEP-15at theGovernor house in London
· Daily Mirror newspaper organized this ceremony
· The Pride of Britain awards wasfoundedby Peter Willis in 1999.
8). Meghalaya Governor Shanmuganathan got additional charge of Governor of Manipur:
· Governor of Meghalaya V. Shanmuganathanappointed as the governor of Manipur by thepresident Pranab Mukherjee on28-sep-2015due to death of Dr. Syed Ahmed Khan.
· According to Article 153 of Constitution there shall be Governor for each state. But the 7th Constitutional Amendment Act, 1956, facilitated the appointment of same person as a governor for two or more states.
9). Wipro selected as Dow Jones Sustainability World index member:
· Wipro has been selected as the member of global Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) on 28-SEP-2015 for the sixth consecutive year
· 76 companies participated globally out of which8have been selected for World index
10). India signs loan agreement with Asian Development Bank for US $123.51 Million for upgrading Tourism Infrastructure and services in state of Punjab, Uttarakhand and Himachal Pradesh
· Government of India signed an agreement with Asian Development bank on 28-sep-2015 forUS $123.51.
· MsM.TeresaKho ,CountryDirector forAdbandMr. RajKumar, joint secretary , Department of Economic Affairs, Ministry of Finance signed the loan agreement .
11). Reliance defence signs MoU with Emirates Defence.
· RelianceDefence , a part ofAnilAmbani’s Reliance Group, has signed anmemorandum ofunderstanding withEmiratesDefenceIndustriesCo to explore opportunities for manufacturing of defence vehicles , electronics ,equipments , naval ships and MRO of military equipment
12). NLC plans to set up 100 MW solar power plant:
· B.Surender Mohan,Chairman and Managing Director, The Neyveli Lignite Corporation(NLC) , Neyveli has planned to set up a100MW solar power plant in Neyveli
· This project will be implemented based on land availability
· NLC had already planned to set up smaller solar power plants of 10MW and 15MW capacity in Tamilnadu and Rajasthan.
13). Boat Overturned in River Koholi in Kamrup district of Assam carrying 200 people on 28-sep-2015:
· Engine failed from functioning and capsized nearly 200 people in the middle of the river Koholi in Kamrup district of Assam.
14). Famed Hindi Poet Viren Dangwal passes away:
· VirenDangawal famous Hindi poet passed away in Bareilly, Uttar Pradesh. He was 68.
· Bestowed withSahityaAcademyAward for his famous poemDushchakrameShrista
People Also Visited:
/ 5. Reviews