Daily Current Affairs Updates– 2ndJanuary 2016:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
· Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs has approved an increase in the budget for implementation of grid-connected solar rooftop systems to Rs. 5,000 crore from Rs.600 crore up to the financial year 2019-2020.
· Mr Sami will be given citizenship under Section 6 (I) of the Indian Citizenship Act, 1955 under the category“citizenship by naturalisation.”
· A Japanese team has received official credit for the discovery of element 113, making the group the first in Asia to have its accomplishments enshrined in the periodic table.
· State television showedPresident Xi Jinping giving military flags to the leaders of the three new units — a general command for thePeople’s Liberation Army, a missile force and a strategic support force.
· Hot line has been established between DGMOs (Director Generals of military operations) of both countries.
· The plan to establishhotline between Pakistan and Afghanistan was agreed during Pakistan’sarmychief General RaheelSharif recent visit to Kabul.
6). ‘ASEAN Economic Community’ (AEC) launched by ASEAN:
· The trade bloc namely‘ASEAN Economic Community’ (AEC) launched by the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) with the aim toboost the economic ties among the 10 member countries of the ASEAN.
· Reserve Bank of India (RBI) askedState Level Bankers’ Committee (SLBC) banks to identify villages with population above 5,000 without a bank branch of a scheduled commercial bank in their state.
· SEBI has rejected Sahara Asset Management Company’s pleato reconsider an order cancelling the portfolio manager licence of the company because of Not ‘fit and proper’ for this business.
9). Airtel acquires 100 per cent stake in Augere Wireless:
· Telecom major BhartiAirtel hasacquired the balance 26 per cent stakein Augere Wireless, making it a wholly-owned subsidiary of the company. Airtel had announced acquire 74 per cent stake in Augere Wireless earlier.
MoU’s AND AGREEMENTS:
10). Union Government inks Financing Agreement of 50 million dollars with the World Bank:
· The Union Government has signed a Financing Agreement of 50 million dollars with the World Bank forNaiManzil Scheme- Education and Skills Training for Minorities.
· Under this agreement, the credit will be facilitated by the International Development Association (IDA), World Bank’s concessionary lending arm.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
· India and Pakistan have exchanged the list of their nuclear installations and facilities under theAgreement on the Prohibition of Attack against Nuclear installations.
· This exchange is done on1st of January every year between the two neighbouring countries that bar them from attacking each other’s atomic facilities.
AWARDS AND HONOURS:
· The prestigious award was bestowed upon him by renowned mathematician ManjulBhargava at 89th annual conference of the Madras Music Academy in Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
· Grammy-winning singer Natalie Cole passed away due to congestiveheart failurefollowing complications from akidney transplant in Los Angeles. She was 65.
· TheUnion Ministry of Information& Broadcasting has constituted a committee headed by noted film-makerShyamBenegalto look into revamp the filmcertification nuances by Censor Board of Film Censors (CBFC).
· The committee is tasked to suggest recommendations provide a holistic framework and interpretation of provisions ofCinematograph Act, 1952 and Cinematograph (Certification) Rules, 1983.
15). Union Government constitute Kamlesh Chandra Committee to study wage structure of Gramin Dak Sevaks:
· It is one member committee comprising ofKamlesh Chandra, Retired Member of Postal Services Board.
· The Committee will be assisted by Senior Administrative Grade Officer T.Q. Mohammad who will act as Secretary to the GDS Committee.
· He succeeds JagmohanYadav, who retired from the post on 31 December 2015.
· Ahmed will serve the post till 2020, the year of his retirement.
· An alumnus of theNational Defence Academy, Bhadauria was commissioned in the IAF in June 1980.
· Prior to taking over as DCAS, Air Marshal Bhadauria wasSenior Air StaffOfficer at Central Air Command of IAF.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here