Daily Current Affairs Updates– 30th December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). Centre to provide Rs 5,000-crore subsidy for rooftop solar power:
· In a bid to increase the use of clean energy, the Centre today decided to scale up by nearly10-fold the financial assistance for grid connected rooftop and smallsolar power plants programme to Rs 5,000 crore.
· This will support installation of4200 MW Solar Rooftop systems in the country in the next five years.
2). BHEL commissioned Prayagraj power project unit in Uttar Pradesh:
· State-run Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd (BHEL) commissioned a660 MW unit of Prayagraj Super Thermal Power Project at Bara in Allahabad district of Uttar Pradesh.
· The Prayagraj Super Thermal Power Project is thefirst supercritical thermal unit in the state to achieve capacity addition on attaining full load.
3). Union Government announced central assistance of Rs.6794cr to three drought hit states:
· Union Government has approved financial aid of Rs. 6,794 crore for three states—Maharashtra, Chhattisgarh and Madhya Pradesh affected by drought in year 2015 due to deficit rainfall.
· Of the total financial aid, government has approvedRs.3,100 crore for Maharashtra, Rs.1,672 crore for Chhattisgarh and Rs.2,022 crore for Madhya Pradesh.
· Haryana Government has decided to fixa minimum educational qualification for aspirant of contestingurban local bodies (ULB) elections in the state on the lines ofPanchayat polls.
· Decision in this regard was taken by state cabinet meeting chaired byChief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar in Chandigarh.
· He was elected by the Parliament after thenPrime Minister Irakli Garibashvili hadresigned from the post without explaining his decision.
· The new government under the leadership of Giorgi Kvirikashvili was approved by Georgia’s Parliament by86 votes to 28against it. Now President Giorgi Margvelashvili will officially ratify this decision.
6). FIPB clears proposals worth Rs. 1,810 cr:
· TheForeign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) cleared four FDI proposals, including that of HDFC Standard Life Insurance, totalling about Rs.1,810 crore.
· The other proposals which were cleared include that ofFirefly Networks Ltd. and Software is Correct, lnc., a Finance Ministry official said.
7). SEBI gives approval for JMC Projects to raise the stake upto Rs.150cr:
· JMC Projects (India) Ltd. has received market regulator, the Securities and Exchange Board of India’s (SEBI), approval to raiseup to Rs.150 crorethrough a rights issue.
· The company had filed its application with SEBI for the proposed rights issue in September.
· SpiceJet launched anend-to-end travel solutions platform,SpiceVacations.com. The platform offers customized travel packages to customers who can avail various services while planning their holiday, at no added cost.
· The platforms also comes with a special feature where in customers,just with a minimal deposit, which is refundable, can book and hold a booking for up to 48 hours to review with acquaintances.
AWARDS AND HONOURS:
· Pattnaik claimed that he had created a 45 feet high sand Santa Claus atPuri beach, which was recognised as thelargest sand Santa Claus as of today by the Limca Book of World Records.
· Mr. Chaudhary is thefourth Gujarati litterateur to bag this prestigious award afterUma Shankar Joshi (1967), Pannalal Patel (1985) and Rajendra Shah (2001).
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
· In a step towards augmenting the anti-aircraft capabilities of the country’s naval assets at sea, manufactured by Bharat Dynamics Limited,the Long Range Surface to Air Missile (LR-SAM) project which can intercept incoming targets at a range of 80 km has successfully completed its maiden test flight from a Naval warship.
· LR-SAM also known asBarak NG (next generation) is being co-developed byDefence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) from India and Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI) of Israel.
12). Russia inks $1bill deal with HAL to manufacture 200 Kamov 22T helicopters:
· Russia’s Rostech State Corporation has signed one billion US dollar deal with Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) to manufacture200 Kamov 226T light helicopters.
· These helicopters will be manufactured under make in India initiative and shallreplace the ageing fleet ofCheetah and Chetak helicopters.
· This is the first Russian-Indian high-tech project implemented by the Indian government within the framework of the‘Make in India’ programme with the help of Russia.
· China has successfully launched its most sophisticated observation satelliteGaofen-4, as part of thecountry’s high-definition (HD) earth observation Gaofen project.
· It was launched aboard aLong March-3B carrier rocket from theXichang Satellite Launch Centre in the southwestern province of Sichuan.
· It was the222th space flight of the Long March rocket series andChina’s 19th space mission in year 2015.
· Iconic Marathi poet and Padma Bhushan recipient Mangesh Keshav Padgaonkar passed away in Mumbai after a brief illness. He was 86.
· GeneralOm Prakash Malhotra,former Punjab Governor and ex-Chief of Army, passed away on 29 December 2015 due to old age. He was 93.
· General Om Prakash Malhotra was the13th Chief of Army Staff of the Indian Army from 1978 – 1981.
· Sen was condemned to beclone of senior and talentedHemant Kumar.
· From the1950s till the 1980s, the melodious singer had sung a number of hit songs. He had also sungduets with Asha Bhonsle and Lata Mangeshkar.
· Ian Fraser Lemmy Kilmister, founding member and singer in the British heavy metal band Motorhead, popularly known asLemmy, passes away at 70 years.
· He played furiously on platinum-selling Motorhead albums like Ace of Spades, Overkill and Iron Fist.
· Haldar lifted 94 kilograms in the snatch and 119 kilograms in clean and jerk to come up with a total lift of 213 kilograms in Women’s 69 kilograms to grab the gold medal in theSenior National Weightlifting Championships held in Patiala, Punjab.
· Lalchhanhimi bagged the silver with a total lift of 210 kilograms, while Rajwant Kaur finished with a bronze with an overall effort of 201 kilograms.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here