Daily Current Affairs Updates– 30th November 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). Russian President Vladimir Putin has signed a decree, imposing economic sanctions against Turkey:
· This decision was take because of the issue of downing of aRussian Sukhoi 24 warplane on the Syrian border.
· The measures includebanning several Turkish organizationsand the import of certain goods.
· Employers in Russia will beprohibited from hiring Turkishnationals for work starting January 1, 2016.
· The government has also been tasked with enhancing security control at Russian ports in theSea of Azov and Black Sea. The illegal presence and movement of Turkish vessels near to the sea ports must be prevented.
2). For the first time Saudi Arabia has allowed women to vote and contest in Municipal Elections to be held on December 12:
· As per a royal decree issued in 2011, the authoritieson 29 November 2015 allowed979 women to register and campaign for 284 municipal councils. They were out of thetotal 6917 registered candidates who obtained campaign permits from the authorities in thecapital Riyadh.
· Earlier, Saudi Arabia held municipal elections in 2005 and 2011, but only men were allowed to take part. At present, women make up a quarter of the country’s Shura Council.
3). Three days Mayyazhi Mahotsavam (Fete de Mahe) kicked off from 29th Nov to 1st Dec 2015 in Mahe, Puducherry:
· This was organised jointly by theDepartment of Tourism and the Legislative Assembly Secretariat at Mahe.
· The “Aayi Mandapam” will be the main venuel, and this festival will showcase the rich culture and tradition of the region, which is situated insideKerala, according toMangalatte Dinesh, Chairman of theFestival committee and Regional Administrator of Mahe.
· The festival is scheduled to attract wholesome public participation thereby nurturing the feeling of oneness.
4). Indian Coast Guard has commissioned an Interceptor boat ‘ICGS C-422’ at the Karaikal port:
· It was commissioned by the Speaker of the Puducherry AssemblyV. SabapathycommissionedICGS C-422 with full military honours.
· It will enhance its vigil along Pondicherry and South Tamil Nadu coast in theBay of Bengal.
About ‘ICGS C-422’:
· ICGS C-422 is among the 36 interceptor boats being built for the Coast Guard
· Designed and built indigenously byM/s. Larsen and Toubro Ltd
· 27.80-m-longboat can achieve a maximum speed of45 knots
· It has two diesel engines and will have an endurance of 500 nautical miles. It is fitted with state-of-the-art communication and navigational equipment.
5). Mahesh Gupta was appointed as the new President of the PHD Chamber of Commerce and Industry (PHDCCI) by succeeding Alok Shriram
· He started his entrepreneurial journey in 1999 from scratch by inventing the country’s first dual technology water purifier.
· At Present he was positioned as the Chairman ofKent RO Systems Ltd, which is a leading player in water purifier industry.
· He did his Mechanical Engineering Graduate fromIIT Kanpur (1975) and Post Graduate in Petroleum Conservation fromIIP, Dehradun.
6). Birhanu Legese and Kenyan Cynthia Limo from Ethiopia has won the Delhi Half Marathon in the men and women categories respectively:
Under Men’s Category:
· 1st –Birhanu Legese (completed in59.20 minutes)
· 2nd – Mosinet Geremew
· 3rd – Eritrea’s Zersenay Tadese (World record holder in half marathon-completed in 59.24 minutes)
For thefirst time in the year thatsix men athletes completed the half marathon inside60 minutes.
Under Women’s Category:
· 1st –Kenyan Cynthia
· 2nd – Helah Kiprop
· 3rd – Gladys Chesir
7). West Indies Spinner, Sunil Narine has suspended from international cricket for illegal bowling action:
· This decision was taken byThe International Cricket Council (ICC)after an independent assessment found that his bowling action illegal after the 3rd ODI match ofWest Indies against Sri Lanka in Pallekele in November 2015.
· This international suspension would be enforceable within domestic cricket and shall be recognized by all National Cricket Federations events played in their own jurisdiction.
8). Great Britain has won the 2015 Davis Cup for the first time since 1936:
· Great Britaindefeated Belgium (3-1) were the final match was held at Ghent in Belgium.
· Leon Smith was the captian of Britain Team andAndy Murray played an vital role in this victory. He Murray beated David Goffin of Belgium by 6-3 7-5 6-3 to give Great Britain 3-1 lead in the best-of-five tie.
· After this victory Murray joined John McEnroe and Mats Wilander as the only men to have an8-0 singles record in a Davis Cup year.
For More Important Daily Current Affairs Updates- Click Here
For More Important Daily Current Affairs Quiz- Click Here
/ 5. Reviews