Daily Current Affairs Updates– 30th October 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). BRICS Nations has signed Moscow Declaration for supporting Multilateral Science Projects:
BRICS nations (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa) have signed Moscow Declared for partnership in addressing common regional and global socio-economic challenges by utilizing science, technology and innovation (STI).
This was signed at the third meeting of the BRICS Ministers for Science, Technology and Innovation held in Moscow, Russia. Indian delegation to this meeting was led by Dr. Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Science& Technology and Earth Sciences.
· This joint declaration aimed to enhance co-investment of resources to support multilateral Research and Development (R&D) Projects in Mutually agreed areas by BRICS nations.
· Co-operation for large research infrastructure, including mega-science projects along with coordination of the existing large-scale national programme of member countries.
· Implementation and development of a BRICS Frame work Programme for funding joint multilateral research projects, innovation and technology commercialization.
2). China Abandoned its decades old ‘One Child Policy’:
· China has allowed all couples to have two children and scrapped its decade-long One Child Policy. This decision was taken to balance the population development and address the challenge of an ageing population.
· This announcement was made after a four-day Communist Party Summit participated by China’s top leaders saw debate on financial reforms and how to maintain growth at a time of heightened concerns about the economy.
About One “Child Policy”:
· This policy was introduced in 1980 as a way to reduce the population and to limit demands for water and other resources. And this restricted most couples to only a single offspring, and for years it was debated that the policy resulted in China’s Economic boom.
3). India-Africa Forum Summit 2015 held in New Delhi:
· India-Africa Forum Summit (IAFS) 2015 was held for four days between 26th October and 29thOctober 2015 at Indira Gandhi Stadium Complex in New Delhi. Besides PM Narendra Modi, the Summit was attended by top leaders of 40 African nations.
· It was the 3rd IAFS meeting and the previous summit was held in 2008 and 2011 in New Delhi and Addis Ababa, Ethiopia respectively. This meeting was aimed to enable consultations at the highest political level between 54 nations across Africa and the Indian Government.
4). Najib Shan has been appointed as the Chairman of CBEC:
· Senior IRS Officer Najib Shah was appointed as the Chairman of Central Board of Excise and Customs (CBEC), apex body on Indirect Taxes. His appointment was approved by the Appointments Committee of Cabinet (ACC). Shah will serve the office till 11thMarch 2017.
· When he will attain the age of superannuation that is 60 years. Shah is a batch officer of Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise). Prior to this appointment, he has been working as member of the CBEC since May 2015.
5). Hockey India has signed three years partnership with Sports Authority of India:
· Hockey India (HI), the top body governing the sports in the country, has signed a three-year MoU with Sports Authority of India (SAI) to help regain hockey its position as the top sports of the country.
· As per the terms of the agreements, SAI will promote hockey, which is amongst the world’s most popular sports, as tool for youth development and excellence in sports.
6). John Pombe Magufuli won the Presidential Elections of Tanzania:
· John Pombe Magufuli, the ruling Chama Cha Mapinduzi (CCM) party’s candidate has won presidential elections of Tanzania. The National Electoral Commission (NEC) said that Magufuli won the election with 58.46 percent of votes.
· Magufuli’s closest rival Edward Lowassa of Chadema party won 39.9 percent votes in total. Lowassa is the former Prime Minister of Tanzania.
· This win cements Chama Cha Mapinduzis (Party of the Revolution) firm grip on power, after ruling Tanzania since 1977 when two independence-era parties, namely Tanganyika African National Union (TANU) and the Afro-Shirazi Party (ASP), were merged. CCM is one of the longest-reigning ruling parties in Africa.
7). 191 UNGA-members voted a resolution condemning US embargo on CUBA:
· United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) overwhelmingly approved the Resolution condemning an economic embargo imposed by the US on Cuba. It stated that existence of such restrictions undermines multilateralism and credibility of the UN.
· 191 countries from the 193 member states demonstrated a concerted and international stand with Cuba and voted in favour of the resolution. The United States and Israel were the only two countries that voted against the resolution.
· This is the 24th time that the UNGA has adopted the resolution that seeks ending the economic, commercial and financial embargo imposed by the United States of America against Cuba, despite resumption of relations between the two countries.
· The Assembly, however, welcomed the resumption of diplomatic relations between the US and Cuba announced on 20 July 2015 and the willingness of US President Barack Obama to work towards the lifting of the economic, financial and trade embargo against Cuba.
8). Raif Badawi has won the European Union’s Prestigious Sakharov Prize 2015:
· Saudi’s blog writer, Raif Badawi has been selected for the European Union’s Prestigious Sakharov Prize for the human rights for the year 2015.
· He has been honored with this award by the European Parliament assembly in Strasbourg, France, as a symbol of the fight for the freedom of speech.
· He is the author of the website Free Saudi Liberals which was an international fame in 2012 after he was sentenced to 10 years in prison and 1000 lashes in Saudi Arabia for insulting Muslim clerics.
9). Amit Kumar Saroha has won Silver Medal in IPC Athletics World Championships:
· Indian para-athlete Amit Kumar Saroha has won his Silver medal in Men’s Club throw F51 event in the IPC Atheletics World Championship which was held at Doha.
· After winning this medal, Amit Kumar has qualified for the 2016 Rio Paralympics Games.
People Also Visited:
Free Online Mock Test for IBPS PO-V 2015- Click Here
/ 5. Reviews