Daily Current Affairs Updates– 30th September 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). India looks forward to active cooperation in Development of ICT in Africa:
· Indian Government in synchrony with ICT (Information and Communication Technology)Authority of Kenya, India’s Telecom Export Promotion Council(TEPC) and NASSCOM launched first ICT Expo in Nairobi, on 28/29- SEP – 2015.
· This event was inaugurated by Mr. Rakesh Garg, Secretary Telecom Government of India, Hon’ble Minister Mr.Najib Balala, and cabinet Secretary Government of Kenya.
· This Expo builds the platform between India& African countries to bring innovative thoughts across the entire ICT chain and to discuss solutions to regulatory and business.
Telecom Equipment and services Export Promotion Council (TEPC):
TEPC has been set by the government of India to promote and develop export of Telecom Equipment and services
Nasscom is a global trade body with more than 1800+ members, which include both Indian and multinational companies that have a present in India.
ICT Authority of Kenya:
ICT authority is a state Corporation under the Ministry of Information Communication and Technology, established in August 2013, managing Government of Kenya ICT functions.
2). International Translation Day – 30 –September:
· International Translation day observed on 30-SEP-2015 globally.
· Theme- The changing face of translation and interpreting.
· A tribute to translators and established by International Federation of Translators (FIT).
3). Four Young brand Ambassador of Digital India:
· The four brand ambassadors, Satvat Jagwani, Krati Tiwari, Ankit Fadia and Pranav Mistry released by the Department of Telecom.
· Digital India launched by Prime Minister Narendra Modi , initiated with a view to empower people of country digitally.
4). The Maharashtra government will observe the year 2017 as ‘Visit Maharashtra Year’ to promote Tourism in the state:
· The state chief minister Devendra Fadnavis said Maharashtra have declared the year 2017 as ‘Visit Maharashtra Year’ to attract more tourist after launching its International tourism Promotion Project , Maharashtra International Travel Mart 2015 in Mumbai
· This first ever MITM is set to take Maharashtra’s tourism on a global level.
· This will be developed through a transparent public- private-partnership model.
5). NASA scientist found evidence of liquid water on Mars:
· Evidence of liquid water on Mars founded by NASA scientist on Mars on 28-SEP-2015 from Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO).
· Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter is a multipurpose spacecraft designed to explore Mars from orbit.
6). Jayant Prasad has been appointed as Director General of the Institute for defence studies and analyses (IRDA):
· Jayant Prasad Takes charge of Director General of the Institute for defence studies and analyses (IRDA), the post had been vacant since August.
· He served in Afghanistan as the Indian Ambassador during 2008-2010 and as Ambassador to Nepal during 2011-2013.
7). Prime Minister Narendra Modi Addressed world leader’s summit on Peacekeeping:
· Narendra Modi addressed World Leader’s Summit in New York “Peacekeeping” an initiative of US president Barack Obama to boost United Nations which has been struggling to contribute their soldiers to peace operations.
· India committed to provide 850 troops to existing or new operations and additional 3 police units with higher representation of female peacekeepers for UN mission.
8). RBI cuts the repo rate to 6.75%:
· RBI governor Raghuram Rajan announced to 4th bi-monthly monetary policy cut the repo rate from 7.25% to 6.25% under Liquidity Adjustment Facility (LAF) and Cash Reserve Ratio (CRR) has remain unchanged at 4%.
9). Appeal stay on Lakhwar HEP, the National Green Tribunal issued notice to Union government:
· Plea on Lakhwar project did not get any Environment Clearance(EC) from the Environment Appraisal Committee(EAC) said by the members of petition namely Bhim Singh Rawat and Manoj Kumar Misra.
· Lakhwar project, a dam located in Yamuna river basin which generate 300MW and cost of this project is about 4000 crores and its expected to complete by 2019.
10). PIL was filled about the constitutional validity of Article 370 of the Constitution of India on 28- SEP-2015:
· 22- year old Kumari Vijayalakshmi Jha filled a PIL about the constitutional validity of Article 370 of the Constitution of India, that deals with special status for J&K state on 28-SEP-2015 and it was agreed by High Court of Delhi.
· The petitioner questioned that validity of Article 370 was provisional until a separate constitution was framed by state assembly to the state Jammu and Kashmir and J&K constitution never got approval of President of India or Government of India.
11). Access to Clean Cooking Energy and Electricity-Survey of states Report launched by Piyush Goyal:
· Union Minister of state for coal, Power, Renewable energy Mr. Piyush Goyal launched Clean Cooking Energy and Electricity-Survey of states Report event organized by Council of Energy, Environment and Water (CEEW).
12). Dr. Mahesh Sharma Launches the NOC Online Application Portal and Processing System (NOAPS) for the National Monument Authority:
· The Minister of state for culture, Tourism and civil Aviation Dr. Mahesh Sharma, Launched the NOC Online Application Portal and Processing System (NOAPS) for the National Monument Authority (NMA).
· The NOAPS will be available in http://nmanoc.nic.in./
· NOAPS, initiated by National Monument Authority to provide vicinity of Archeological Survey Of India (ASI) and protect various monuments in in various cities of India.
13) China’s largest taxi hailing company, Didi Kuaidi announced its investment in Ola on 28-sep-2015:
· Didi Kuaidi invested in Ola on 28-SEP-2015 to fight their competitor Uber Technologies Inc.
· Didi Kuaidi helps Indian taxi aggregator to extend its services to cover all small cities.
14) Janam Mukherjee’s ‘Hungry Bengal’ –war – famine and the end of Empire:
· This book mainly entitled about three important crises that precipitated independence
· World War II, The Bengal Famine of 1943, and the Calcutta riots of 1946.
15). Western Zonal Meeting Council meeting at Panaji, Goa 29-SEP-2015:
· The 21st meeting of Western zonal Council, Inter-state Council Secretariat, and Minister of Home Affairs held under Chairmanship of Union Minister Mr. Rajnath Singh at Panaji, Goa.
· Deals with the issue related to urban housing sector, Construction of Bridges, Issuance of Fisherman biometric identity card.
People Also Visited:
/ 5. Reviews