Daily Current Affairs Updates– 31st December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
· The33.2 kilometre coastal road from Nariman Point to Kandivali is aRs 12,000 crore project that Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis has been pushing for aggressively with the centre ever since he came to power.
· The Strategy aims to establish India as aworld-class bio-manufacturing hub.
· The strategy also intends to launch a major mission, backed with significant investments, for the creation of new biotech products, and empower India’s human resources scientifically.
3). Andhra Pradesh Government decided to hike wages of Anganwadi workers:
· The wages of the Anganwadi workers will be increased from4200 rupees to 7000 rupeesand the wages of Anganwadi helpers will be hiked to 4500 rupees.
· It was also decided to replace the conventionalstreet lights with LED lightsin 659 villages across the state.
· The decision was taken at the Cabinet meeting presided by state Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu in Vijayawada.
· In an another“green initiative” Union Railways Minister, Suresh Prabhu, dedicated a26-Mega Watt windmill plant in Jaisalmer towards power procurement for the railways.
· Mr. Prabhu said that the railways would further harness wind and solar energy to provide“eco-friendly and pollution free mode of transport”.
· The agreement was reached after a meetingbetween Fumio Kishida, Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan and Yun Byung-se, Minister of Foreign Affairs of South Korea in Seoul.
· It aims to resolve a decades-old dispute over Korean women who were used assex slaves by Japanese soldiers during World War II.
· The agreement is considered as historic as the issue had been a bone of contention between the countries for decades.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 25 December 2015 returned to New Delhi after conclusion of his official visit to Russia, Afghanistan and Pakistan.
· During his 3-day visit that started on 23 December 2015, Modi met heads of governments of three nations.
7). Union Cabinet approved construction of 69 bridges on trilateral highway in Myanmar:
· The Union Cabinet, presided by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, approved the construction of 69 bridges including approach roads on theTamu-Kyigone-Kalewa (TKK) road section of the trilateral highway in Myanmar.
· The bridges will be constructed at a cost of371.58 crore rupees.
· The decision was amongst a slew of commercial measures taken by theIndia-Iran Joint Commission that met for the first time sinceIran and the P-5+1 grouping struck a deal to end sanctions on Iran.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
· Ravi Shankar Prasad, Minister of Communications and Information Technology launched“Online Labs”, e-learning programme.
· The educational technology initiative – “Online Labs” – developed byAmrita CREATE (Centre of Research in Advanced Technologies for Education) in association with CDAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing).
· Srnicekplayed as a goalkeeper from1990 to 2007 mainly forNewcastle United.
· He also representedSheffield Wednesday,Portsmouth andWest Ham United in England.
MoU’s AND AGREEMENTS:
11). Union Cabinet approved Raptor MoU for conservation of migratory birds of prey:
· The MoU, also called asRaptor MOU, will help India gain knowledge in effectively managing the habitats of the raptors.
· With the signing of the MoU,India will become the 54th signatory to the MoU.
· The MoU is also in conformity with the provisions of the existing Wild Life (Protection) Act, 1972, wherein the birds have been accorded protection.
12). Union Cabinet approved MoU between India& Jordan for promoting cooperation in IT& Electronics:
· Its objective is todevelop and strengthen industrial, technological and commercial cooperationbetween the two countries in Information Technology and Electronics (IT&E) sector.
· It also tries to implement institutional and capacity building cooperation programme aimed at fostering partnerships between the two countries.
· He will be in the office for a period of three years which is extendable by another two years or up to 60 years of age, whichever is earlier.
· The54-year-old Bandgaiyan is a former IAS officer of the Union Territories cadre. He hails from Madhya Pradesh.
· Muthukumar Balakrisnan from Malaysia is conferred with the role of the Assistant Tournament Director in the 4th edition of the Coal India Hockey India League.
· Andy Mair from Scotland was named as the umpire’s manager for the league.
15). Kohli named as the BCCI Cricketer of the year:
· Continuing his meteoric rise, Indian Test captain Virat Kohli was named‘Cricketer of the Year’, whileMithali Raj was picked for thetop women’s award in the BCCI annual honours to be given away on January 5 in Mumbai.
· Star India off-spinnerRavichandran Ashwin has ended 2015 as theNo. 1 Test bowler in the ICC rankings issued on the back of his strong showing against South Africa in the recent home series.
· World championMagnus Carlsen of Norway won theQatar Masters Open chess tournament, billed as the strongest Open in history. It was on a tie-breaker though that he won the title.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here
/ 5. Reviews