Daily Current Affairs Updates– 31st January 2016:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1.Government to create ‘Khadi Gramudyog’ network:
· PM Narendra Modi said that the government wants to create a network of‘Khadi Gramudyog’ across villages in the country to provide job opportunities in theKhadi cloth manufacturing sector.
· He added that many state owned institutions including the Railways, police Department, Navy and Postal department were using products made from Fabric
2.$1 trillion needed for infra building:
· Union Minister Nitin Gadkari termed infrastructure building a major challenge and India needs about $1 trillion for new roads, airports and ports
3.India can grow at 8% in 2016-17 fiscal: Sinha
· Minister of State for Finance Jayant Sinha said that the Indian economy can grow by 8% in the 2016-17 fiscal year as long as there is a favourable monsoon after 2 years of drought.
4.Kerala to launch Transgender run G-Taxi Service:
· Kerala Government had decided to launchGender Taxi ( G-Taxi),a taxi service owned and operated by TransGenders.
· It aims to provide a better means of livelihood for the Transgender community andto ensure them equal treatment in the society.
· Kerala had also unveiled the country’s first Transgender Policy in November to end social discrminiation against the Community
5.Uttar Pradesh to celebrate Feb 14 as State Tourism Day:
· The Uttar Pradesh tourism Department announced that it will celebrateFebruary 14 asState Tourism Day with activists planned atLucknow this year in the presence ofCM Akhilesh Yadav.
6.Government to review law for ease of doing business:
· The Government has started reviewing theSpecific Relief Act,1963, as a part of its effortsto improve ease of doing business in India.
· The Revision would be in accordance with the current scenario involving huge investments and enforceability of the contracts.
· The government had earlier establishedcommercial courts and amended thearbitration law for faster disposal of business disputes.
7.2015 showed least Naxal Violence in last 6 years:
· According to the Home Ministry statistics, in the last six years,2015 had the lowest Naxal violence in 10 Maoists-hit states across the Country.
· The Naxal states includingAndhra, Chattisgarh, West Bengal Saw 226 deaths in 1088 incidents last year.
· Around 1 lakh para military personnel are being deployed in theseleft wing extremism affected areas.
8.1600 villages along Ganga to be cleaned: Uma Bharti
· River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation Minister Uma Bharti said that the centre will implement a four pronged programme in which as many as1600 villages along the Ganga Stretch will be made filth-free by October.
· The Second Phasewill be attained in 4 years after that, in which6000 villages will be taken up for the Programme.
9.Budget Session likely to begin on Feb 23:
· According to reports, the Budget session of the parliament is likely to begin fromFebruary 23 while the General Budget is expected to be presented onFebruary 29.
10.UP govt takes over 39,990 crore DISCOM debt:
· The Uttar Pradesh government signed an agreement with the Union Ministry to take over 75% of loan liabilities of five state ownedpower distribution companies(DISCOMs) in the state, amounting to around 39,990 crore.
· Power utilities in Uttar Pradesh have thethird highest debt in the country behind those inRajasthan and Tamilnadu.
11.Government to use unviable coal mines to make Urea:
· The Government will soon use the around 40% unviable coal mines in the countryto make urea through coal gasificationwhich will reduce its production cost by around 50%.
· Coal gasification will help reduce the 55000 crore subsidy provided by the government on urea every year
12.Government hikes excise duty on Petrol, Diesel:
· The government hiked excise duty onpetrol by rs.1/litre and ondiesel by rs.1.5/litre.
· The Hike will help the government to maintain its fiscal deficit target at 3.9% of GDP in the current financial Year.
· This is thefifth straight hike in the excise duty of petrol and diesel made by the Government.
13.TamilNadu to setup 800MW supercritical power plant:
· Inorder to make Tamilnadu‘power Surplus’the state government is set to establish itsfirst 800 MW coal based power plantunder the Supercritical technology.
· The 6376 crore undertaken by public sector unit BHEL will be completed in August 2019,generating 19.2 million units of power a day.
· CM Jayalalithaalaid the foundation stone for the Project.
14.Railways to equip gangmen with Safety device:
· Indian Railways has decided to equip its gangmen, people responsible for laying and maintaining of railway tracks, witha modern safety device called ‘Rakshak’.
· The Walkie Talkie like device willwarn gangmen of approaching trains to alert them to move away from the tracks.
· Reportedly about 400 gangmen are killed every year in train accidents while on Duty.
15.CBSE to begin students counseling from Feb:
· TheCBSEhas announced that they will provide counseling class for class10th and 12th students appearing for Boards examination from Feb1 to April 22.
· Counseling will be given throughtelephone, newspapers and on-line portals.
· Students can call at 1800-11-8004 to overcome exam related stress.‘Question-Answer’columns will be there in major newspapers to answer queries from students.
16.Japan unveiled first stealth fighter aircraft X-2:
· Japan unveiled country’s first stealth fighter aircraft X-2. The domestically-built fighter aircraft seeks to augment defence capabilities of the country that is surrounded by China and Russia that already have radar-evading aircraft technology.
· X-2 is expected to undergo its first test-flight in February 2016.
Features of X-2:
· It has two engines, similar to the F-22 of the USA, and is 46 feet long by 30 feet wide and 15 feet tall.
· Its stealthy features include a special coating on the canopy that houses the pilot, as well as a carbon-fiber composite material that absorbs radar waves.
· It was built under the code name Mitsubishi Advanced Technology Demonstrator-X by the country’s Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd.
· Apart from Mitsubishi, around 200 companies were involved in the development of the unarmed technology demonstrator.
· It was built at a cost of 340 million US dollars and is smaller than a standard jet fighter.
17.Do Not violate airspace: NATO Chief to Russia:
· After Turkey claimed that a Russian Jet violated its airspace,NATO secretary general Jens Stoltenberg asked Russia to take all necessary measures to avoid violating NATO airspace.
· Turkish forces had earlier shot down a Russian warplane for violating their airspace, triggering a diplomatic crisis
18.Oli may visit China First if blockade remains:
· Nepal PM KP Sharma Oli may first visit China instead of India if the “Unofficial blockade” imposed by Indian government across the Indo-Nepal Border was not lifted.
· This comes afterNepal Foreign Minister Kamal Thapa announced that PM Oli will make his first official foreign visit to India in February.
19.Amazon offers monks on its website in Japan:
· Amazonhas allowed a provider to offer monks on its website inJapan, who are usually needed to perform funerals and other rituals in the country.
· A basic plan including a monk’s transportation and donation, costs 35000 yen ($300)..
· The service is listed underAmazon’s ‘Home and Kitchen’ section.
20.Amazon hires comedians for podcasts, radio shows:
· Amazonis hiring well known comedians to ramp up its podcasts and other radio style programmes, The company offers such audio shows through Audible, the audiobook firm acquired by Amazon in 2008.
· Amazon has also hired radio and podcast producers for the same.
21.Apple acquires AR Startup FLYBY Media:
· Appleacquiredaugmented reality (AR) startup Flyby media.
· Founded in 2010,the Newyork based startup developed a technology that enables smartphones to scan real life objects
· It holds experience in indoor navigation, image recognition and 3D tracking technologies.
22.Startup creates charger that auto-shuts charging:
· Australian startup UsBidi has developed a charger that auto shuts charging when a phone’s battery gets fully charged.
· Compatible with both Android and iOS phones, the charger comes with colorful LED charging indicator and magnetic ends.
· Further the company claims thatit charges two times faster when connected to a USB port.
· Flipkarthas announced a monthly exchange Programme‘Big Exchange Days’under which it will let users exchange and upgrade their devices on theFirst two days of every month.
· Starting from February 1 this year, Flipkart will let users exchange their smartphones, tablets, laptops, televisions,refrigerators, and Washing machines.
· The company also providing doorstep exchange and upgrade facility.
· Googlein America is reportedly testing solar powered drones to deliver high speed internet from the air under a project named‘SkyBender’.
· Google is using these drones to experiment with a technology that could possibly form 5G wireless internet, which will be40 times faster than the 4G network
· Google is planning to deliver internet access throughout the world withself-flying air craft
· The Maharashtra government announced the appointment ofDattatray Padsalgikaras the new Mumbai Police Commissioner.
· He is a 1982 batch officer, who has served approximately 12 years with the Intelligence Bureau.
· He succeedsAhmed Javed, and is thefirst Maharashtrian to be appointed as the police chief of Mumbai after 8 years.
26.India U-19 qualify for World-cup Quarterfinals:
· The India Under-19 Cricket team qualified for the quarterfinals of the ICC Under-19 Cricket World Cup after defeating New Zealand Under-19 by 120 runs in their Second Match.
27.U Mumba win pro Kabaddi League 3 opener:
· Defending Champions U Mumba defeated Telugu Titans 27-25 in the opening match of the Third Edition of the Pro Kabaddi League, held at Hyderabad.
28.Schumacher’s son finishes 3rd on India debut:
· Former Formula 1 driver, Michael Schumacher’s son,Mick Schumacher finished third on his Indian debut at theMRF Championships in Chennai.
· The Chennai round was the 4th leg with the 3 other legs held in Dubai, Bahrain and Abu Dhabi.
· The 16 year old Mick had made his formula 4 debut last year and also won his first race.
29.NewZealand win 3rd ODI against Pakistan to clinch series 2-0:
· NewZealand defeated Pakistan by 3 wickets in the 3rd ODI to clinch the series 2-0.
· The Australian Cricket team avoided a series Whitewash against India by winning the third T20I
· India won the series 2-0
31.Watson Slams 2nd highest score in T20I:
· Stand-in Australian CaptainShane Watson got the2nd highest individual score in T20I,scoring 124 of 71 balls in the third T20I against India.
· Aaron Finch currently holds the record for theHighest Individual score with 156against England in 2013.
32.India won Sydney T20 by 7 wickets, clinch series 3-0:
· India won the 3rd T20I against Australia
· Former Indian Army Chief GeneralKV Krishna Rao(92) who played an important role in the 1971 Bangaldesh Liberation War, died in Delhi following a Cardiac arrest.
· Param Vishist Seva Medal awardee, General Rao also served as a soldier in World War II.
· He was the 11th Chief of the Army Staff of the Indian Army.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here