Daily Current Affairs Updates– 31st October 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). 31st October- National Unity Day:
· 31st October is Observed as the National Unity Day, which was celebrated to commemorate the birthday of Sardar Vallabhai Patel. Today 31st October 2015 is the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhai Patel. And PM Narendra Modi has flagged off Run for Unity at Rajpath in New Delhi; Meghalaya Governor V.Shanmuganathan also flagged off the Run for Unity from State Central Library in Shillong.
· The Modi government in October 2014 declared 31 October as Rashtriya Ekta Diwas or National Unity Day to mark the birth anniversary of country’s first home minister Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
· Born in 1875, Patel served as the Home Minister of India from 15 August 1947 till his death on 15 December 1950. He played key roles in organizing peasants’ movements in Kheda, Borsad and Bardoli in Gujarat and promoting the Quit India Movement against the British regime.
2). Shaktikanta Das has Nominated as the Director on RBI Central Board:
· Shaktikanta Das, the Economic Affairs Secretary has nominated as the Director to the Central Board of Directors of the Reserve Bank of India, and this will be effective from 30thOctober 2015.
· Shaktikanta Das is the senior IAS Officer of Tamil Nadu, presently working as a Secretary in the Department of Economic Affairs under the Union Ministry of Finance.
· There are 21 members in the board which was nominated by the Union Government in keeping with the Reserve Bank of India Act for a period of four years, and this includes a Governor, 4 Deputy Governors, 10 Directors, two governments Official, 4 directors are from local boards of RBI which are headquartered at Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and New Delhi.
3). Sanjeev Mohanty has appointed as the MD and CEO of Jabong:
· Jabong, fashion focused e-commerce company has appointed Sanjeev Mohanty has its new Managing Director and CEO, which will come to effect from December 2015. Previously Sanjeev Mohanty has served as the MD of Benetton India. For the first time the Indian e-commerce would witness a CEO from a traditional retailer heading an online venture in India.
· During his period, United Colors of Benetton India was listed as one of the Top 50 firms to work for in the retail sector consecutively for three years from 2012 to 2014. He was the youngest business head ever when he took over as head of India business in November 2004.
4). Paul Ryan has been elected as the 54thSpeaker of US House of Representatives:
· Republican Paul Ryan was elected as the 54th speaker of the US House of Representatives after getting the votes of 236 members by the full House of Representatives and he succeeds John Boehner of Ohio. And he had sworn as the speaker of the House.
· Ryan, the nine-term congressman from Wisconsin, becomes the third Catholic in a row in the position, after John Boehner and Nancy Pelosi. He first worked on Capitol Hill as a legislative aide in 1992 and won his House seat in 1998 when he was 28.
5). European Parliament has given Status of Whistle-blower to former Contractor of NSA Edward Snowden:
· European Parliament has given Status of Whistle-blower and human rights defender to former Contractor of NSA Edward Snowden This was approved by the parliament by 285 votes to 281.
· The non-binding resolution urged 28 member states of the European Union (EU) to drop any criminal charges against Edward Snowden grant him protection and consequently prevent extradition or rendition by third parties.
· The resolution was passed in accordance with a April 2014 resolution of the Committee of Ministers on protection of whistleblowers. The resolution offers legal protection to workers who reveal illegal and unethical practices taking place at workplace.
People Also Visited:
Free Online Mock Test for IBPS PO-V 2015- Click Here