Daily Current Affairs Updates– 3rd December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
· Theme 2015: Inclusion matters: Access and Empowerment for people of all abilities
· Aim– To promote an understanding ofdisability issues and mobilize support for the dignity, rights and well-being of persons with disabilities.
· Its economy fell deeper into recession betweenJuly and September, shrinking1.7% from the previous quarter, the government announced.
· It’s Brazil’s third consecutive quarter of contraction, making it thecountry’s longestrecession since the 1930s.
· The largest economy in Latin America andeighth largest worldwide, has gone bust this year. The global economic slowdown has hurt the country badly.
· Brazil’s economy has suffered from theslowdown in commodities pricesfor things like oil, iron and copper.Brazil rapidly increased its exports to China over the past decade. That means the slowdown in China is extra painful for Brazil.
3). Union Cabinet has approved the proposal of setting up of 6 new Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) across India:
· New IITs will be set up at the following states,Andhra Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Goa, Jammu and Kashmir, Kerala and Karnataka.
· The total cost for running these IITs isRs 1,411.80 crore and will be incurred between 2015-16 and 2018-19.
· Each new IIT will have an initial intake of 180 students in its first year which would increase to 450 in the second year and to 928 (840 Undergraduates, 80 Postgraduates and 8 PhDs) in the third year of their operation.
· There arealready 16 IITs one each at Gandhinagar, Bombay, New Delhi, Roorkee, Kharagpur, Chennai, Guwahati, Indore, Kanpur, Jodhpur, Bhubaneswar, Hyderabad, Patna, Ropar, Mandi and Varanasi.
4). The Union Cabinet approved to sign a MoU between India and Iran on visa facilitation for Diplomatic, Official/Service and Ordinary passport holders:
· Consequent upon this, upon presentation of an official note by the local Ministry of Foreign Affairs along with the visa application, the resident Diplomatic Missions in the host country would, within20 working days, issue a gratisvisa valid for 90 days for the holders of valid Diplomatic/Official/Service passports, assigned on long-term missions to the Diplomatic Missions or the Consulates General.
· Appropriate gratisvisas of three months’ validity for visiting close family members (blood relations such as parents, siblings, adult children as well as in-laws) and visas for other close relatives of the assignees, on payment of visa fees due would be issued.
5). Union Cabinet has approved Double Taxation Avoidance Convention (DTAC) agreement with Japan:
· Under the Chairmanship ofPrime Minister Narendra Modi Union Cabinet has approvedsigning and ratification of Protocolbetween India and Japan for amending theDouble Taxation Avoidance Convention (DTAC) signed between the two countries in1989.
· Aim: To avoidance of double taxation and the prevention of fiscal evasion with respect to taxes on income.
· The Protocol will facilitateexchange of information, as per the accepted international standards, on tax matters including bank information and information without domestic tax interest.
6). Goa Government has launched the National Food Security Act (NFSA), 2013:
· Aim:to benefit more than one third of the state’s population
· This Act is likely to bring more thanone third population of the coastal state into legal entitlements of existing food security programmes and schemes of the Central Government.
· Around 5 lakh, 11 thousandpeople in the targeted Public Distribution System (PDS) in Goa will receive5 kilograms (kg) subsidised rice or wheat per person per month
· Rice will be given at the subsidised rate of3 rupees per kgand wheat at the rate of 3 rupees per kg to target persons
· The Union government will bear a subsidy of65 crores rupees to implement the scheme in the state. The state government will be spending around25 crores annually for the same
· The Act also includes theMidday Meal (MDM) Scheme,Integrated Child Development Services(ICDS) scheme andPublic Distribution System (PDS) under it to provide subsidized food grains.
· His name wasrecommended byJustice Dattuon 18 November and today he sworn in as the43rd Chief Justice of India by PresidentPranab Mukherjee at an elegant function in Rashtrapati Bhavan. Justice Thakur (63) who was the senior-most judge of the apex court.
· He was born on January 4, 1952, he would have the tenure as CJI for a little over one year and would retireon January 4, 2017.
8). PM Modi has announced Rs.1,000 cr for Tamil Nadu flood relief:
· Prime Minister Narendra Modivisited Chennai to take stock of the flood situation. After an aerial survey, he met with Tamil NaduChief Minister J. Jayalalithaa and announcedRs.1,000 crore for Tamil Nadu flood relief.
· And this is in addition to the Rs. 940 crore which were released by the Centre earlier.
9). Gujarat’s Dholera airport project gets environmental clearance:
· Gujarat government’s ambitiousDholera airport project atNavagamvillage near the city has received environmental clearance from the Centre.
· The proposed airport project, which is part of proposed Dholera Special Investment Region (SIR), will come up in1,426 hectares of land near Navagam at a cost of Rs1,712 crores.
· This project of building a world-class airport, about30 kmsfrom here, will be developed in three phases. As per the project report prepared by the Airport Authority of India (AAI), Rs 716 crore would be spent in the first phase of the project.
10). Vijay Kumar Chaudhary elected as new Speaker of Bihar assembly:
· Vijay Kumar Choudhary, five-time MLA andSenior Janta Dal United (JDU)leader has been unanimously elected as the Speaker of the Bihar Legislative Assembly.
· The pro-tem Speaker andCongress MLA Sadanand Singh announced election ofMr. Chaudhary as the new Speaker.
· Previouslyhe had severed as JDU Leader of Legislature Party and also had served as theMinister for Water Resources, Agriculture and Information& Public Relations Departments in the cabinet under Nitish Kumar.
· He was the lastKing of Chettinad andco-founder Chettinad Group of companies.
· He was popularly known as MAMR, was born on 30 September 1931 into a respected family in the Nattukottai Chettiar community, also known as The Rajah Family.
· TheAnnamalai University in Chidambaram, founded by his family in 1929.
· He also served as theMember of the Parliament of India representing Karnataka in the Rajya Sabha.
For More Important Daily Current Affairs Updates- Click Here
For More Important Daily Current Affairs Quiz- Click Here
/ 5. Reviews