Daily Current Affairs Updates– 3rd October 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). International day of Non-violence 2-OCT-2015
· The United Nation’sInternationalday of Non –Violence is globally observed on2nd Octoberto promote Non violence through education and public awareness.
· The day was to coincide with renowned Indian leaderMahatma Gandhi’s birthday.
2). UN Human Rights Council adopted resolution for alleged human rights violations during civil war in srilanka
· United Nation Human Rights Council in Geneva, adopted consensus for human rights violations during srilanka civilian war
· According to the resolution, it should be independent judicial and prosecutorial institutions.
· OHCHR –The Office of the U.N.High Commissioner for Human Rights will continue to assess this progress and India has welcomed this resolution.
3). India promised to cut down the carbon produced by 33-35% by 2030
o India , world’s largest third largest emitter of greenhouse gas said that it would cut down the carbon produced by 33-35% by 2030
o The following are the some of the promises to make its economy more energy efficient
§ Cut 33-35 % of carbon intensity by 2030
§ No peak emissions target or carbon market
§ In future coal set to be dominating in power sector
4). ADB to finance India -Bangladesh electricity link upgradation
· ADB- Asian Development bank will finance the increased transmission capacity of the cross border electricity link between India and Pakistan
· ADB will provide loan of USD 120 million, which will double the capacity of the existing interconnections system.
· Two networks were first interconnected in 2013 and new transmission capacity will rise from 500MW – 1000MW
5). Maharashtra government decided to impose drought tax
· Sudhir Munguntiwar , Finance Minister said
o Tax of Rs.2 per litre would be charged on Petrol and Diesel
o VAT on liquor, cigarettes and beverages has been raised by 5%
o VAT for gold and diamonds jewelleries has been raised from 1% to 1.20%
· This will be in place for next five months and expected to raise Rs.1600 crores
6). Right Livelihood Award for Inuit activist Sheila Watt- Cloutier
· Ms. Sheila Watt-Cloutier of Canada Inuit Activist was honoredRight Livelihood Award 2015 and value 2.3 crores for her lifelong work announced by Swedish Human rights.
· She shared the prize with Ugandan activist Kasha Jacqueline Nabagesera and Italian doctor Gino Strada
7). Swachh Bharat : plan to produce power , compost from solid waste
· The Urban Development MinistryM.Venkaiah Naidu announced the plan to generateelectricity and compost from municipalsolid waste on first anniversary of Swachh Bharat
8). India has emerged world’s largest cotton producer surpassed china
· Dhiren N Sheth , president of Cotton Association of India said that India becomes world’s leader and produced 6.51 million tones of fiber whereas china has registered 6.48 million tones, released by the International Cotton Advisory Committee.
9). Anup K Pujari takes charge at SAIL
· Anup K Pujari Secretary, Ministry of Micro, Small and Medium enterprise was given additional charge asChairman and Managing Director of Steel Authority of India Limited (SAIL)
10). Forbes India Leadership Awards 2015
· Forbes India Leadership Award 2015 honour entrepreneurs and business organization
· Following are the awardees
· Lifetime Achievement award of the year – R C Bhargava , Maruti Suzuki India ltd
· Entrepreneur for the year : Uday kotak of Kotak Mahindra Bank Ltd
· Best CEO –
· Multinational Company – Uday Shankar, Star India Pvt.Ltd
· Public Sector – Arundhati Bhattacharya, State Bank of India
· Private Sector – CP Gurnani – Tech Mahindra
· Outstanding Start-up for the year- Bhavish Aggarwal and Ankit Bhati of Ola
· Nextgen Entrepreneur for the year – Siddhartha Lal of Eicher Motors Ltd
· Entrepreneur with social Impact – Samit Ghosh, Ujjvan Financial Services Pvt Ltd
· Conscious Capitalist Company for the year – Godrej Consumer Products Ltd and Gujarat Cooperative Milk Marketing Federation Ltd
11). Sarat Kumar Acharya takes over as CMD of Neyveli Lignite
· Acharya will replace Surender Mohan , assumed office as Chairman and Managing director of Neyveli Lignite corporation ltd
12). 12- waste to energy plants next year in Andra Pradesh state
· ChiefMinister N.Chandrababu Naidu said that it would launch12-waste to energy power plants using modern scientific methods of disposal and recycling of solid and liquid waste within the next year .
· 77% of waste would be converted into energy
13). Mobile Museum on Gandhi’s Life
· Mobile museum on Mahatma Gandhi ‘s life and times at his birth place Porbandar has been built in mini-truck by the Ministry of External Affairs , inaugurated byGujarat chief Minister Anandiben Patel
· This has been built for the 3rd Indo-African Forum Summit to be held in New Delhi
14). Sania and Martina won Wuhan open woman’s double title
· Indian Sania Mirza and Switzerland Martina Hingis won the Wuhan Open woman’s double title and its 7th title together
· Earlier they won Indian Wells, Miami, Charleston, Wimbledon, The US Open, Guangzhou
15). Biggest Military exercise launched by NATO
· North Atlantic Treaty Organisation(NATO) launches biggest Military exercise , putting 36000 soldiers in Italy, Spain, and Portugal – “Trident Juncture”, against the backdrop of Ukraine crisis
· The reason for this exercise is mainly due to Russian annexation of Crimea last year and starts from OCT-3rdto November 6th
16). ICICI launches a card –less mVisa
o ICICI first in worldwide to launch card-less and device lessmVisaapplicationin Pockets App, allows payment to be made byscanning a QR code and entering the amount
o mVisa will reduce the chances of fraud
o At present mVisa , linked to bank’s debit card
17). Indian Air Force signed a deal of Rs.8000crores with BEL
· Indian Air Force signed a deal of Rs.8000crores with Bharat Electronics Limited for integrating civil and defence radars across the country
· The aim is to ensure any intrusion by a hostile aircraft, helicopter, drone or micro light can be detected immediately as soon as it takes place
18). Andhra Pradesh decided to allot 2,720 acres of land to DRDO
· Chief MinisterChandrababu Naidu decided to allot land of 2,720 acres in Kurnool district for Defence Research and Development Organization (DRDO) for missile testing project
19). Lindsay Kline Australian Cricketer passed away
· Slow left arm spinner Lindsay Kline Australian cricketer has died aged 81
People Also Visited: