Daily Current Affairs Updates– 4th December 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
1). The Reserve Bank of India has revised Priority Sector Lending (PSL) norms for Regional Rural Banks (RRBs):
· As per the new norms released, rural banks will have to advance18 percent of total outstanding towardsagricultural activities. A target of7.5 percentof total outstanding will be diverted towards micro enterprises and another15 percent for weaker sections.
· The new norms will be implemented fromJanuary 1, 2016 and will be monitored on a quarterly and annual basis.
Key points about the Revised PSL Norms:
· Target:75% of the total outstanding to the sector eligible for classification as priority sector lending.
· Categories of the Priority Sector: Medium Enterprises, Social Infrastructure and Renewable Energy will form part of the Priority Sector, in addition to the existing categories, with a cap of15%to total outstanding.
· Agriculture:18% of the total outstanding should be advance to activities mentioned under Agriculture.
· Small and Marginal Farmers: A target of8% of total outstanding has been prescribed for small and marginal farmers within Agriculture.
· Micro Enterprises: A target of7.5% of total outstanding has been prescribed for Micro Enterprises.
· Weaker Sectors: A target of15% of total outstanding has been prescribed for Micro Enterprises.
· A broad coalition of nations includingIndia, river basin organizations, business and civil societies from across the globe announced theParis Pact on Water and Climate Change Adaptation to make water systems – the very foundation of sustainable human development –more resilient to climate impact.
· These major collaborative projects representover $20 million in technical assistance and potentiallyover $1 billion in financing.
· The announcement was part of the “Water Resilience Focus” event under the Lima toParis Action Agenda (LPAA) on climate change.
· India, on its part, committed to build climate resilience through improved groundwater management in the country.
· Chief MinisterVirbhadra Singh today launched this project fromDharamsala in districtKangra by administering theRotavirus drops to the children aged less than five years.
· The vaccine will help in controlling the deaths amongst small children due toDiarrhea.
· The project will soon be launched inVellore in Karnatakaand Pune in Maharashtra.
4). Government of India has released postage stamp to mark centenary year of Zoological Survey of India (ZSI):
· Union Communication and IT MinisterRavi Shankar Prasad has released the postage stamp in the presence of Union Environment MinisterPrakash Javadekar atNew Delhi.
· The main objective of this event is to promote the survey, exploration, research and documentation on various aspects ofanimal taxonomy in the Indian subcontinent. It also seeks advancement of knowledge on animal taxonomy.
· They also released publications of ZSI-the Centenary Souvenir, Centenary Directory and A Glorious 100.
5). Lok Sabha has passed The Bureau of Indian Standards Bill, 2015 to establish BIS as the National Standards Body of India:
· The New Bill was approved by the Union Cabinet chaired byPrime Minister Narendra Modi and will provide legislative framework for new provisions in theexisting Bureau of Indian Standards Act,1986 which is proposed to be repealed.
· The Bill has replaced the Bureau of Indian Standards Act, 1986. It has also established BISas a national standard body for development of standardization and assessment and quality assurance of goods, articles, services, processes and systems.
Main objectives of the Bill:
· To establish theBureau of Indian standards (BIS) as the National Standards Body of India
· The Bureau is required to perform its functions through a governing council, which will consist its President and other members
· To enable the central government toappoint any authority, in addition to the Bureau of Indian Standards, to verify the conformity of products and services to a standard and issue certificate of conformity
· To enable the government toimplement mandatory hallmarking of precious metal articles
6). GAIL and ISRO has join hands to monitor pipeline through special portal:
· GAIL (India) Ltd has joined hands withNational Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC), an arm ofIndian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) to launch satellite surveillance geo-portal called‘Bhuvan-GAIL portal’ to monitor its13,000 km of gas pipeline network with a view to address security concerns.
· The portal is operated with manual as well as auto-change analysis options to monitor the changes along natural gas pipelineRight of Use (RoU). The change analysis can be made with the help of this technology within the ROU and also outside the ROU up to1 km risk zone.
· “GAIL will start live satellite monitoring of the pipeline RoUby January 2016 and is also looking for alternative methods like advanceUnmanned Ariel Vehicle (UAV) which can also be integrated with this system,” the statement said.
· GAIL did pilot project on satellite monitoring on its610 km Dahej-Vijaipur pipeline.
· YouTubehas partnered withWhistling Woods International (WWI) to set up‘YouTube Space’, a collaboration and production facility for YouTube video creators.
· Google said that, the YouTube SpaceMumbai facility will allow YouTube creators and students at WWI to learn about video production, collaborate with other creators.
· YouTube SpaceMumbai is the seventh such facility for the Google-run video sharing portal. It has similar facilities in Tokyo, Los Angeles, London, New York, Brazil, and Berlin.
· “The new YouTube Space Mumbai at Whistling Woods International is our latest effort to support the incredible wave of creativity we have seen developing in theIndian YouTube creator community over the past few years.
For More Important Daily Current Affairs Updates- Click Here
For More Important Daily Current Affairs Quiz- Click Here
/ 5. Reviews