Daily Current Affairs Updates– 4th January 2016:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use this.
· World Braille Day was observed across the world on 4 January 2016 to commemorate thebirth anniversary of Louis Braille.
· To mark this occasion, NGOs, as well as other organizations came together to raise awareness about theapathy towards visually impaired people and to help them be equal with the rest of the people.
· It was her5th successful summit of theMission 7 Summits that she had climbed on December 25, 2016 after starting on December 12, 2015.
· With this,she created World record by becomingFirst Female amputeeto climb 5 Mountains of the World.
3). Oasis Group to invest Rs 500Cr for setting up ethanol plant:
· Oasis Group is planning to invest Rs 500 crore for establishing awheat-based ethanol plant with capacity of 5 lakh litres per day at Ferozepur in Punjab.
SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY:
· Armament Research and Development Establishment (ARDE) in the last week of December 2015 successfully test-fired Pinaka II multi barrel rocket launcher (MBRL) System.
5). Former Punjab Assembly Speaker H D Johar passes away:
· Congress leader and former Speaker of PunjabAssemblyHarnam Dass Johar passed away due to old-age related ailments at the age of 83.
· Cinematographer Vilmos Zsigmond, winner of an Oscar forSteven Spielberg’s Close Encounters of the Third Kind, passed away on 1 January 2016 in California, United States. He was 85.
· Zsigmond was also Oscar nominated for Michael Cimino’s The Deer Hunter, Mark Rydell’s The River and Brian De Palma’s The Black Dahlia.
7). Government of India constitutes Committee to study wage structure of Gramin Dak Sevaks:
· Kamlesh Chandra, a retired member of the postal services board, will constitute the committee, which will be assisted by TQ Mohammad, a senior administrative grade officer, who will act as secretary.
8). Justice RM Lodha Committee submitted its report to Supreme Court:
· Justice RM Lodha Committee onIPL spot fixing submitted its report to the Supreme Court suggesting reforms in the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI).
· The panel has recommended separate governing bodies for IPL and BCCI, with limited autonomy for the IPL Governing Council. It has alsorecommended legalising betting.
BILLS AND AMENDMENTS:
· President Pranab Mukherjee has given assent to five key bills as per the provisions ofArticle 111 of the Constitution of India.
· These key five legislations werepassed by both the houses of Parliament, Lok Sabha and Rajya Sabha in the recently concluded Winter session of Parliament.
· The five bills are:
1. Arbitration and Conciliation (Amendment) Act, 2015
2. Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Act, 2015
3. The Atomic Energy (Amendment) Act, 2015
4. The Payment of Bonus (Amendment) Act, 2015
5. Commercial Courts, Commercial Division and Commercial Appellate Division of High Courts Act, 2015
· The scheme was launched byInformation Technology Minister K T Rama Rao in the presence of T S Vijayan, Chairman of Insurance Regulatory Development Authority (IRDA).
· With the launch of this scheme, Telangana became thefirst state in the country to legallyaccept insurance policy in digital form.
MoU’s AND AGREEMENTS:
11). NABARD inks MoU with NRSC for monitoring Watershed Projects:
· National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development (NABARD) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Hyderabad-based National Remote Sensing Centre (NRSC) forweb-based monitoring of watershed projects.
· NABARD will use this web-based monitoring technology toaddress problems of monitoring watershed projects in remote areas, apart from digitisation of the impact of watershed interventions for long term usage.
· India defeated Afghanistan 2-1 to clinch the South Asian Football Federation Cup for the seventh time. Sunil Chhetri and Jeje Lalpekhlua scored for hosts after Zubayr Amiri gave the defending champions the lead.
For more Daily Current Updates- Click Here