Daily Current Affairs Updates- 5th August 2015:
Daily Current affairs News Updates about the National and International events were listed here. Candidates those who are preparing for IBPS/SBI/PO/Clerk exam and all other competitive exams can use these questions.
1). Union Ministry of Rural Development has launched
- ‘SAMNVAY’–a web portal to monitor progress and implementation ofSansad Adarsh Gram Yojana(SAGY) for development ofGram Panchayats.
- To helpMember of Parliament (MP) to utilize relevant schemes in the SAGY scheme.
- It is adatabaseto compile and map information on various gram panchayat related activities.
- About18000 state schemes from across all states are documented.
- Panchayat Darpan magazine – to monitor the progress of SAGY.
- SAGYlaunched on October 2014, according to which eachMP should develop at least3-Adarsh Gram Panchayats by 2019.
2). Haryana Chief Minister Manohar Lal Kattar launchedThari pension andThari Pass project in Chandigarh.
- It enables thetransfer social security pension for old age persons, handicapped and widows into theirbank accounts.
- This scheme comes under theState Government Social Justice and Empowerment Department.
- 10 lakh beneficiaries will get their pensions transferred into their bank and post-office accounts.
3). Lok Sabha passedSC& ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Bill, 2014.
- To prohibit thecommission of offences against members ofSC& ST communities.
- Provision for establishingspecial courts for the trial cases of such offences.
- Torehabilitate the victims.
- New offences added in the bill are.
a. Garlanding SC’s& ST’s with footwear
b. Compelling to do manual scavenging
c. Abusing in public by caste name
d. Threatening or imposing economic and social boycott
4). Asia’s biggest telescope Multi-Application Solar Telescope (MAST) was inaugurated byProf. U. R. Rao, Chairman of Physical Research Laboratory atUdaipur Solar Observatory in Rajasthan.
- Provides3-D images of solar activities such assolar blast andsolar flares.
- Vital for studies about otherplanetary movements even in the day time.
- This telescope was funded byDepartment of Space in Union ministry of Science and Technology.
5). Government of United States extended theGeneralized System of Preferences (GSP) forIndian exporters for3500 products till2017.
- India can export range of products from engineering to chemicals to their biggest export destination US.
- Willincrease the demand of engineering, chemical, gems& jewellery and agricultural products to be exported.
- Willincrease US Dollar reserves.
6). United States Food& Drug Administration (USFPA) approvedAprecia pharmaceutical’s Spritamas the1st anti-epilepsy pill manufactured with3-D printer.
- It usedZip Dose 3-D printing technology.
- This technologyreduces the cost of designing andcreating complex structure of Spritam in lesser time.
- To be in the market by2016.
- Important features ofSpritam pill.
a. Dissolves faster.
b. Delivers up to1000mgof medication in single dose.
c. Improves the medication by delivering exact amount of content to children and elders.
7). Australian Federal Court cancelled theEnvironment ministry’s approval toAdani Miningstating that.
- It will damage theGreat Barrier Reef andgroundwaterat its site bycarbon emissions.
- It fails to include conditions to protectYakka skink andOrnamental snake.
8). MathematicianDr. Amalendu Krishna won theRamanujan Prize for2015 announced byInternational Centre for Theoretical Physics, Department of Science& Technology of India and International Mathematical Union.
- For contributions in the areas of.
a. Algebraic circles
b. Algebraic k-Theory
c. Theory of motives
- He ismathematicsprofessor at theTata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai.
- 2ndIndian to win this award.
- 1stIndian wasSujatha Ramadorai – 2006.
9). Uttar Pradesh’s highest literary award given byUttar Pradesh Sansthanannounced awards for the year 2014.
- Kashinath Singh – Bharat Bharti literary award.
- Vinod Kumar Shukla – Hindi Gaurav.
- Mridula Garg – Lohia Sahitya.
- Krishna Bihari Mishra – Mahatma Gandhi Sahitya Samman.
- Ramkrishna Rajput – Avantibai Sahitya Samman.
- Abhiraj Rajendra Mishra – Deendayal Upadhaya Sahitya Samman.
10). Mr. Rajan Vishal, formerJalore electoral officer was announcedElection Commission’s Zonal award.
- Best Electoral Practices Award 2014.
- For creating voting awareness in Jalore constituency ofRajasthan Lok Sabha election 2014.
- Presently districtcollector of Nagapur.